Jan 11 2013
By: BEN_drowned__ Wastelander 561 posts

M9 More Accurate Than AK-47?

22 replies 549 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

The crosshairs for my AK just goes all over the place. I use Eddy's AK, and using a scope actually makes it worst. Am I just not good with that gun, or what?

Message 1 of 23 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6455 posts

Re: M9 More Accurate Than AK-47?

Jan 11, 2013

The M9 has purely vertical recoil, the AK has random diagonal recoil. This means the M9 simply needs you to pull down enough on your stick to control the recoil completely while the AK requires constant adjustment. The M9's recoil is stronger but because it only requires a straight down reaction from you it's much easier to keep on target. The AK's recoil is fairly weak but because it bounces around diagonally in random directions you have to try and actively respond to whichever way the recoil just made it jump.

In my oppinion this makes the M9 much more accurate because it's simple recoil is much easier to manage than the AK's complex recoil.

Message 2 of 23 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jan 11, 2013
That's so backwards. If the AK is slower firing, it should be more accurate than a Rapid Firing gun like the M9, even with RoF. It's very hard for me to get mid-ranged kills unless I do some tricky maneuvering, which shouldn't be necessary. That's probably why I suck when I switch guns.
Message 3 of 23 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6455 posts

Jan 11, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
That's so backwards. If the AK is slower firing, it should be more accurate than a Rapid Firing gun like the M9, even with RoF. It's very hard for me to get mid-ranged kills unless I do some tricky maneuvering, which shouldn't be necessary. That's probably why I suck when I switch guns.

The advantage in terms of accuracy for an AK is that if you are closer the weaker recoil of the AK will mean that even though it bounces all over the place, if you're close enough it will hit the enemy as long as you stay mostly on target. The issue with that though is blindfire being as prominent as it is, means that your enemy would likely just use that to take you out at that range.

Message 4 of 23 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6814 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Technically the AK is more accurate than the M9, it is just that the M9 is much easier to control for many people, because like you were just told, the M9 just shoots up and you just have to pull down to adjust it. The AK on the other hand, does stay in the same area you are shooting at but its recoil is kinda more erratic bouncing all around that one spot but ultimately going back to where you originally aimed.

Feet
Message 5 of 23 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I've never made a permanent spot in my loadouts for the M9 but pick it up occasionally. I will admit, I'm better with the M9 at close range and maybe mid, just because it's easy, but it's not fun. How easy that gun is to use is just not fun. I would say I like the AK more but I can pick up and M9 on certain close range maps and just murder with it.

I love how diverse the AK is though, any map, and range I can do decent at. So it's my main weapon, regardless of others.
Message 6 of 23 (503 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
I've never made a permanent spot in my loadouts for the M9 but pick it up occasionally. I will admit, I'm better with the M9 at close range and maybe mid, just because it's easy, but it's not fun. How easy that gun is to use is just not fun. I would say I like the AK more but I can pick up and M9 on certain close range maps and just murder with it.

I love how diverse the AK is though, any map, and range I can do decent at. So it's my main weapon, regardless of others.

I love the AK too. Except on FFA... that's just anarchy. I can't be tactical. Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 7 of 23 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
How easy that gun is to use is just not fun.

I never understood this "mentality". Do you also aim the KAL?

I mean, I've done it a couple of times to finish my KAL missions, but I'm not a hipster/masochist/whatever to do that on a constant basis.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 23 (444 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I always use the AK with the accuracy mod, and I don't have any problems with recoil at all. That way, it will always be the more accurate gun for me as opposed to the M9.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 23 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20027 posts

Jan 11, 2013
AK recoil is random, but the M9 recoil is straight vertical.

However, if the AK works, its recoil should be less than the M9.

Of course, it's totally random and the M9's non-randomness will usually beat out the AK.
Message 10 of 23 (394 Views)
0 Likes