Highlighted
Oct 11 2012
By: shadowlibraboy Treasure Hunter 4570 posts

Look at this

37 replies 497 views Edited Oct 11, 2012
"Why did the devs feel the need to include a traditional online deathmatch mode?  Uncharted is about a compelling storyline.  This is why single-player fits, and it's also why co-op fits very well.  But with deathmatch you lose connection to any sort of storyline.  The player stops interacting with the game... rather, the player only interacts with other players.  The game stops giving the player the gameplay experience; other players do.  The quality of a player's experience in online deathmatch solely depends on the other players in the game.  I want to rely on Sully and Elena to back me up.  They're reliable 100% of the time.  Not some kid eating Cheetohs in his room.  We sure as hell never got ourselves into Uncharted to interact with other people.  The first game didn't have multiplayer; we all loved it for the extensive single-player experience.  We loved what the game did for us.

That being said, I'm pretty supportive of the addition of multiplayer co-op.  Why co-op, but not deathmatch?  Here's why.

With co-op you do have the introduction of player contact via the internet, but there are a few majorly important differences.
You can choose the one or two people you play with.  You won't get stuck playing with a bunch of kiddies, smacktards or AFK's.
You only have to share your experience with one or two people, not dozens.
Co-op doesn't take resources away from the single-player campaign.
I don't doubt that the single-player was already near-finished when they decided to give multiplayer a go.  So multiplayer deathmatch probably didn't harm Uncharted 2.  But what about the future?  What about Uncharted 3?  By the time Uncharted 4 or 5 rolls around, will the series have transformed into an online-focused game?

Just look at SOCOM.  Multiplayer in SOCOM 1 was just a bonus.  Only 15-30% of the players played online.  By the time Confrontation rolled around, the game became online-only.  I'm not being paranoid.  I trust Naughty Dog more than any developer out there.... but then again, I trusted Zipper too."

Taken from http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted-Series-General/Co-op-sounds-great-But-deathmatch-Re...

What do you think?
This guy was right though, the SP took a hard hit because of the focus on multiplayer, and Co-op... the mode that should've been focused on.... is being ignored.

Uncharted is about co-op, and treasure hunting, and playing with friends. Why is Deathmatch thë main focus?

ND should've put more time into co-op and SP, it's stupid that they decided to focus on Deathmatch. If they focused on Co-Operative modes, I am sure that we would have more co-op players and less competitive players.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 1 of 38 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: Look at this

Oct 11, 2012
ND should marry COD devs and have lots of children together which they should neglect the way they neglect co-op
Message 2 of 38 (494 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Support.

Message 3 of 38 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Oct 12, 2012
And then everyone would fight for these kids rights but they will just say

"we have no plans to raise these kids, we fed them when they were young and now that they are 2 years old they can fend for themselves"

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 4 of 38 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 12, 2012
The quoted person is right. SP lost so much, and with that co-op also went down to its level. Where did try have a decision lapse?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 38 (470 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Resident Evil 6 has fun co-op, both Campaign and Mercenaries. There's also Agent Hunt but I haven't really gotten too much into that one. Mercs is a blast Smiley Very Happy

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 38 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Oct 12, 2012
If TDM happens to TLoU, I would say "**bleep** you, ND, for **bleep** up again" because it just does not make sense.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 7 of 38 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah.... RE?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 38 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Oct 12, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Resident Evil 6 has fun co-op, both Campaign and Mercenaries. There's also Agent Hunt but I haven't really gotten too much into that one. Mercs is a blast Smiley Very Happy

I haven't played Agent Hunt, but I saw the gameplay video. Remind me of U3 Hunter Mode, but looks more fun to me.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 38 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Sadly MP is what sells games now a days.. BS ... i grew up playing SP .. the problem with MP is as you stated above . it all depends on three vital things, good connection.a good community. and good players VERY FEW GAMES HAVE ALL THREE , COD nails all three but the quality of the game itself is dead **bleep** low.. I WANT SP ND!!!
Message 10 of 38 (452 Views)
0 Likes