Jan 10 2012
By: melew25 Treasure Hunter 5616 posts

Lol, got hate mail for using the FAL-SS.

107 replies 20 views Edited Jan 10, 2012

I used the FAL because a) it was Facility and b) 3/5 people in the party were 2nd-3rd Legacy and level 50+. I assumed they'd be FALing it up. A couple of minutes in and I realize only one of them is using it. But since I'm on a Fury, I think, what the heck, I'll just keep using it. Their fault for not using it.

At 48 kills, the best player on the other team left. We (randoms) almost came back but lost 50-44. The guy who left sends me a message that simply says "FAL? bravo."

We had a conversation, and he called me g*y for using it (can I use that here? edit if not, mods), that he can hold a 3 KDR with a G-MAL (lol, can he really? He quit....).

My side of the argument is this: Why should I risk a loss to uphold some fake video game moral code? It's that player's fault for not using the FAL, really. I mean, he's level 75, 3rd Legacy. You'd think he'd be smart enough to use the FAL whenever Facility comes up.

But really, since when is there a moral code in games? I don't understand. Use what gives you the best advantage. It's not cheating; it was given to you by the developers. They said, "Here, knock yourself out." So why not use it? The only reason I didn't use SA in UC2 was because I would rather have faster reloading. Unlike UC2's most OP feature, nothing competes with the FAL mid-range. Nothing. And since a lot of my combat takes place at close range, it's the best choice for me. Especially with a Micro or Para 9 at my side.

Give me one good reason not to use the FAL.

Message 25 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: Lol, got hate mail for using the FAL-SS.

Jan 10, 2012

Normally I say it's just a decency thing. If I see a bunch of low level players on the other team I'll use the AK or something because I don't really want to feel like I'm beating them so bad that they absolutely have no chance.

In your case though the other team is a party of 5 high level players, so they have no sympathy from me. Complaining about the FAL in their case is pretty stupid because IMO having a party of 5 decent-high KDR players on one team against a bunch of random players (with low level players mixed in) destroys the overall game balance a lot more than a single guy on the random team using a FAL.

Chances are that guy was just butthurt because he's used to destroying a bunch of random new players with his 5 buddies and he couldn't this time so he felt like sending you hatemail.

On a side note though is FAL really so good in Facility? Personally it seems the G-MAL might be more useful since the draw spaces are so big in most areas where fights happen.

Message 1 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jan 10, 2012

You should've killed ure self and switched classes.

I also gave you a like but I didn't mean too.

Message 2 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Jan 10, 2012

melew25 wrote:

Give me one good reason not to use the FAL.

--------------- UC3 GameBattles Clan: Dreamers of the Day . My stats, first 3 months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRT7CVACghk

If you don't use it, you won't receive hate mail and have to make a thread about the hate mail that you received.

Message 3 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Pytlaks wrote:

You should've killed ure self and switched classes.

I also gave you a like but I didn't mean too.

Why would I switch classes when they could easily change their loadout if they had a problem with how I was playing?

Message 4 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Jan 10, 2012

I say keep using it, it should be getting a patch soon anyway...

Message 5 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Cause they don't have a scrub class? They have a conscious? Well sorta.. They did RQ.

Message 6 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Pytlaks wrote:

Cause they don't have a scrub class? They have a conscience? Well sorta.. They did RQ.

conscience? You're talking about morals in a video game?

I've seen everything.

Message 7 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Uncharted is a way of life.

Message 8 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Roll Tide!

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 9 of 108 (20 Views)
0 Likes