Highlighted
Sep 18 2012
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4793 posts

Lets make Shade Survival awesome.

[ Edited ]
46 replies 780 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Shade Survival is what many consider a joke, and for good reason, it sucks. Now don't get me wrong, the concept is really neat but the way ND implemented it isn't. However, if ND are willing to implement these easy tweaks, Shade Survival might actually be played more, which in turn makes ND more money so everyone wins. Oh and please support the thread because ND tends to respond to things with lots of support, so yeah. 

1. Give double cash for kills.

2. Double the treasure drop rate.

3. Let assists give the same cash as kills, you put them down as a team and you should get rewarded as so.

4. Add 2 more rounds to make it the ultimate challenge.

That is just about it, easy changes and everyone wins. Your move Naughty Dog Smiley Wink

tlousig2
Message 1 of 47 (780 Views)
Wastelander
636 posts

Re: Lets make Shade Survival awesome.

Sep 18, 2012

I only played like 5 matches, and decided it was a **bleep**...I like the way you think. I would play more if we had those bonuses.

Message 2 of 47 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Sure.

Shade PK men in the last crushing round... can you do this challenge?
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 3 of 47 (746 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2423 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Its an absolute assist fest.

Message 4 of 47 (740 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 18, 2012

You never struck me as the Co-Op player, Fakehound - so this thread came as a surprise to be posted by you. Smiley Tongue

But, yes, these changes are very necessary and MUCH needed. I don't even touch SS mode because of the lame assists. I would honestly play the mode more often if the 3rd choice is the only one that happens.

Good ideas, bud. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 47 (717 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Greta idea. I play this mode purely for the trophies, but i kinda like it now. The only reason is because I use the robot and Dragon like a boss for headhsots. Gives me the kill every time. You should add PAK 80 shade to the list. Can you handle the bullet sponge? And yeah, 8 rounds is short.

Message 6 of 47 (704 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Sep 18, 2012

THANK YOU FAKEHOUND!! I'm tired of a mere $25 (I think) for emptying my whole gun into a shade just so he can teleport away when low, then have my teammate have the credit for killing him. This needs to be addressed.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 7 of 47 (685 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

THANK YOU FAKEHOUND!! I'm tired of a mere $25 (I think) for emptying my whole gun into a shade just so he can teleport away when low, then have my teammate have the credit for killing him. This needs to be addressed.

This. Shades is an assist fest as said before. It needs an increased amount of assist cash. And more cash for kills. How bout

$300 in Easy

$400 on Normal

$550 on Hard

$600 on Crushing

For unarmored

The armored shades should be

$400 on Easy

$500 on Normal

$650 on Hard

$800 on Crushing

Assists in Shades should be

$200 for unarmored

$350 for armored

Kills and assists being the same cash is kinda a bad idea because that means a person could put 1 bullet literally into a shade then let his hard working teammates finish it while they just derp off.

Message 8 of 47 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Agreed on all points, but I would prefer 12 rounds over 10. I don't see any reason why ND can't do this, since more people would buy the mode if it was better anyways .
Message 9 of 47 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 18, 2012

The mode currently standing is a joke.

I really couldn't believe it when I tried it out for the first time. There was so much hype surrounding this mode when it was first announced. It had so much potential, but they really screwed it up.

It is a challenge on Crushing, I will say that, but it is so incredibly dull. I feel as if the whole match all I am doing is holding down L1 and R1, occasionally smashing triangle to pick up a new gun. Playing it feels like a chore.

Alongside the poor construction of this game mode, I was led astray by the title.

When I first got it, I thought I was downloading Shade Survival. Not Shade Marked Man, Gold Rush, Siege, and Survival.

I applaud the changes that you have suggested, Fakehound. Perhaps they would make this trainwreck mode playable.

Message 10 of 47 (636 Views)