Survivor
2203 posts

Re: Let's Talk about Weapon Buffs

Feb 12, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
This is getting out of hand -_-

If u need a low sensitivity to help u aim with the fal at "close" ranges, since ur aim is obviously crap to aim at mid-long ranges, its not the fals fault u cant hit anything.

A 4hk fal with a lower fire rate WILL MAKE IT CRAAP!! Its my main/fav gun to use. Id rather have a fal than most power weapons since its so reliable.

Its the precision and speed u can hit the exact spot continuously that makes it lethal. Lowering its recoip will cause many problems u obviously cant see since ure already awful with it. A low fire rate will severely punish u if u were to miss1 shot on a slow firing single-shot weapon. An increase to a 6hk fal with no jamming or high fire rate can allow u to get kills quicker if u KNOW how to AIM and easily replace a shot u missed. Messing with the fire rate/jamming is possible since the fal used to shoot quicker in the past. This is coming from a long time fal user. The obvious flaws are still ammo and jamming.
What you really want is stronger aim assist. The fal has low aim assist allowing u to get more accurate shots if u can aim, its not the recoil. Although its aim assist still gets in the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLhUjltuRWk

This is the Fal when it was a 4HK weapon. If the Fal can be like this (No jamming) and be a 6HK weapon the Fal can be as balanced as possible. Also with this change, alot more players will be using the Fal therefore more players aiming!

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 81 of 89 (251 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
But buffing the Raffica would make me OP!

I don't want hatemail D:

You don't have an Ibiza alt, so I think you are fine.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 82 of 89 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 12, 2013
You know what's weird? Watching people blindfire the FAL and G-MAL. I mean, yeah, some character guns have BF accuracy, but come on, man.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 83 of 89 (247 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
You know what's weird? Watching people blindfire the FAL and G-MAL. I mean, yeah, some character guns have BF accuracy, but come on, man.

You know what makes me want to punch my playstation until it breaks? When it works.

Message 84 of 89 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

You know what makes me want to punch my playstation until it breaks? When it works.

And Gmal blindfire actually works a lot more than you would think Smiley Surprised
Do you feel me?

Message 85 of 89 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 12, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

And Gmal blindfire actually works a lot more than you would think Smiley Surprised

I know lol. I was using the G-Mal a few days ago and i decided to blindfire some guy who was AFK....somehow worked lol.

Message 86 of 89 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:
1) As for my rebuttle against other guns. The g-mal was also able to get long ranger medals, still harder than the dragon true(the medal was hard to get at all) but think about no scoped-in and have both the g-maler and sniper shoot at each other at the same time. 2 bursts vs. 2 shots.

2) Cry about how morally wrong the kal-7 was, but the fact that it was utterly useless in close-range against a g-mal was ridiculous, as in terms of gun balance it should be the other way around.

3) Fal did give free headshots I suppose but I didn't see much of it, probably the backlash of just being nerfed I guess.

1) Only idiots use scoped weapons without Scoped In. I'm talking about head up gunfights, since you mentioned it. Just like Fleet Foot is a must for automatics.

If you don't use one of these boosters, you deserve to lose head up gunfights. It's perfectly balanced. That's what boosters do, they help you in certain situations (just like Cloaked/Monkey Man helps you if you have a sneaky playstyle).

The G-MAL was not able to get Long Rangers before the 70m -> 50m change. Period.

2) Do you realize that you keep crying about how morally wrong was the G-MAL? See the irony? At least I'm "crying" about a weapon that requires aiming (aka L1)! You are crying because you got owned by people who preferred to aim. Why was that morally wrong?

3) You confessed the fact that you don't strive for headshots, so the FAL is useless for your playstyle. The damage nerf has nothing to do with that. It's still gives you free headshots (as long as you use L1 of course...), especially with a +25% headshot damage stat hat.

i used to use scoped in gold back when it was 70m, but i now realise fleet foot gold is far better suited to the dragon imo unless you are stalking about fort camping matches - how i got scoped in gold, and yes it was possible to get long ranger medals with a gmal on fort.

the dragon is hugely effected by pain wobble where as the Gmal is not, the Gmal beat the dragon too much back then even if the dragon had scoped in gold, i dont get why people used scoped in with the pre nerf Gmal - its pain wobble was so small anyways and could easily be controlled

Message 87 of 89 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 12, 2013
What the hell. I do well with a Dragon headup and my booster is MM...
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 88 of 89 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 12, 2013
buffs would be good but i dont see them happening - there is just so many needed.
Message 89 of 89 (192 Views)
0 Likes