Wastelander
650 posts

Re: Let's Talk about Weapon Buffs

Feb 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

At least now, not using the M9 isn't a death sentence.

it's not ideal...but it's progress...

Not using the G-MAL was never a death sentence either.

So you're saying that the dragon was worth using, since the g-mal can outsnipe a dragon user with ease?

The kal-7 wasn't worth using thanks to the g-mals stopping power stopping those people in their tracks.

The fal just got nerfed in this stage and the aim assist was still to much along with the g-mal able to do overall better than the fal.

the ak had shaky recoil during this stage and ponitless to use since the g-mal had similar stopping power to it along with longer range than it.

the M9 was admittedly still effective a bit with its un-nerfed RoF mod but the g-mal was still obtained earlier and had a great character gun at the time so nobody would have bothered waiting to level whatever to unlock the M9 RoF, instead of the level 1 G-mal.

The Dragon was always a reliable gun to anyone who knew how to use it properly whether at long range and sometimes  CQC.
The Kal-7 was never worth using as it requires no skill and could have been removed for all I care.

The Fal-SS was also a decent gun but only at a different range than the G-mal (shorter distances obviously) and the fact that it could have a quicker kill time depending on who knew how to use the gun.

The AK didn't stand a chance as it was the worst long gun IMO (besides Kal-7).

The M9 was still effective but people just overused the G-mal in terms of usage.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 61 of 89 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I don't want them to touch guns anymore. No buffs, no nerfs, no nothing.

They just can't do it right, so better leave them alone.

Message 62 of 89 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I don't want them to touch guns anymore. No buffs, no nerfs, no nothing.

They just can't do it right, so better leave them alone.

That will satisfy the M9/blindfire/CQC/lag'n'roll freaks. No **bleep** way.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 63 of 89 (259 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7095 posts

Feb 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Yeah, the Dragon was worth using, especially considering the fact it was the only way to get 70m Long Rangers.

KAL was used by noobs and trolls and yes, they deserved to get stopped right in their tracks.

FAL always gave you free headshots.

AK was preferred by noobs who wanted to aim, but they didn't like burst-fire weapons.

And the M9 was very effective with RoF.

Let me ask you something else: you say that you prefer the AK, but your most used weapon is the M9.

You also say that you prefer aiming, but you have a lot of Spray and Pray and Fisticuffs (wack'n'roll FTW?) medals and very few Head Hunter ones.

What gives? I think you are a tad bit biased.

I have admitted to blindfiring so no secret really. I say my most used gun is the AK, but I also use it in conjunction with the micro and weapon expert, dividing up my kills between those along with melee kills which includes yes whack n' rolls which I personally used since early G-mal days which became such a habit I do it by instinct now, I would stop if I could but I can't and plenty of stealth kills, from leveling cloaked to level 3 four seperate times along with matching my stealth like flanking playstyle. That's not to say I don't use other guns either.

All 4 of my loadouts have 4 different long guns and 3 different pistols, all of which I use regularly, which includes 1 M9 as well. And I mentioned that the M9 was one of the few guns effective in the g-mal era, which is why I used it, although I used my ak setup for objective modes where I didn't care about dying, I used the M9 against the dancing G-maler parties in deathmatch modes cuz its the only other gun I still saw as viable.

As for my headshots, I almost never go for them as I shoot for the leg area, moreso the crotch region as it will bounch my reticle around their stomach, works for me so why change that? I say I prefer aiming but I also said I'm not gonna not blindfire when it is effective. My main loadout consists of both styles.

As for my rebuttle against other guns. The g-mal was also able to get long ranger medals, still harder than the dragon true(the medal was hard to get at all) but think about no scoped-in and have both the g-maler and sniper shoot at each other at the same time. 2 bursts vs. 2 shots. thanks to the recoil on the sniper + pain wobble it might be hard to get the second shot as opposed to the g-mals little recoil. Cry about how morally wrong the kal-7 was, but the fact that it was utterly useless in close-range against a g-mal was ridiculous, as in terms of gun balance it should be the other way around. As for the Ak, although good it was still underwhelming and compared to the g-mal a challenge to do good with. Fal did give free headshots I suppose but I didn't see much of it, probably the backlash of just being nerfed I guess.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 64 of 89 (229 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:
1) As for my rebuttle against other guns. The g-mal was also able to get long ranger medals, still harder than the dragon true(the medal was hard to get at all) but think about no scoped-in and have both the g-maler and sniper shoot at each other at the same time. 2 bursts vs. 2 shots.

2) Cry about how morally wrong the kal-7 was, but the fact that it was utterly useless in close-range against a g-mal was ridiculous, as in terms of gun balance it should be the other way around.

3) Fal did give free headshots I suppose but I didn't see much of it, probably the backlash of just being nerfed I guess.

1) Only idiots use scoped weapons without Scoped In. I'm talking about head up gunfights, since you mentioned it. Just like Fleet Foot is a must for automatics.

If you don't use one of these boosters, you deserve to lose head up gunfights. It's perfectly balanced. That's what boosters do, they help you in certain situations (just like Cloaked/Monkey Man helps you if you have a sneaky playstyle).

The G-MAL was not able to get Long Rangers before the 70m -> 50m change. Period.

2) Do you realize that you keep crying about how morally wrong was the G-MAL? See the irony? At least I'm "crying" about a weapon that requires aiming (aka L1)! You are crying because you got owned by people who preferred to aim. Why was that morally wrong?

3) You confessed the fact that you don't strive for headshots, so the FAL is useless for your playstyle. The damage nerf has nothing to do with that. It's still gives you free headshots (as long as you use L1 of course...), especially with a +25% headshot damage stat hat.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 65 of 89 (215 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7095 posts

Feb 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:
1) As for my rebuttle against other guns. The g-mal was also able to get long ranger medals, still harder than the dragon true(the medal was hard to get at all) but think about no scoped-in and have both the g-maler and sniper shoot at each other at the same time. 2 bursts vs. 2 shots.

2) Cry about how morally wrong the kal-7 was, but the fact that it was utterly useless in close-range against a g-mal was ridiculous, as in terms of gun balance it should be the other way around.

3) Fal did give free headshots I suppose but I didn't see much of it, probably the backlash of just being nerfed I guess.

1) Only idiots use scoped weapons without Scoped In. I'm talking about head up gunfights, since you mentioned it. Just like Fleet Foot is a must for automatics.

If you don't use one of these boosters, you deserve to lose head up gunfights. It's perfectly balanced. That's what boosters do, they help you in certain situations (just like Cloaked/Monkey Man helps you if you have a sneaky playstyle).

The G-MAL was not able to get Long Rangers before the 70m -> 50m change. Period.

2) Do you realize that you keep crying about how morally wrong was the G-MAL? See the irony? At least I'm "crying" about a weapon that requires aiming (aka L1)! You are crying because you got owned by people who preferred to aim. Why was that morally wrong?

3) You confessed the fact that you don't strive for headshots, so the FAL is useless for your playstyle. The damage nerf has nothing to do with that. It's still gives you free headshots (as long as you use L1 of course...), especially with a +25% headshot damage stat hat.

1)why would someone go looking for head up gun fights with a dragon... I'm talking about someone in a sniper nest, a pre G-mal could easily gun them down with ease, while going for all gold boosters in legacy 1 I think it was, I noticed this really well. Also I don't use Fleet Foot and do well with my Ak, M9, and aimed Kal, by 3 loadout long guns each with weapon expert, cloaked, and ESE. Boosters do help yes, they shouldn't be your entire crutch though, which is why I can still stealth decently well when not in my cloaked loadout.

Like I said, it was really difficult to get it, but still possible to get long ranger with the g-mal, and it was crazy in trying to use it. But thats the case of booster leveling, when it was 70m you really had no choice but to hide in a corner the whole time and hope you got 1-3 long ranger medals. You're not really trying to win or really care if you win the match do you? You just wanna level your booster.

2)the kal-7 was designed for blindfire in close-quarters obviously. Whether thats right or wrong, I don't care, not my game. My problem with the G-mal, is the same reason I have a problem with the current M9 and actually the para too. It's that it could do everything effectively. I'm sure I explained before how it was effective in every situation. Also I stated before gun effectiveness =/= actual mechanic in the game.

3) I am aware that the Fal-ss is useless for my playstyle. This is why I don't use it and admittedly it is the only gun I do utterly terrible with that doesn't mean I deny what it is effective in and that albeit it does need a little love, it is still a usable gun now with the g-mal now not dominating its area. I actually spend some time with my friend in 3TDM with talbots fal and his mask along with the 3rd booster for fun, I tend to do average with it but my friend does amazing with it and I see how devastating it actually is this day and age.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 66 of 89 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Believe it or not, some people use the Dragon for head up gunfights and they get lots of 1HK headshots (the G-MAL can't do that). Scoped In is a must in that case.

For campers, Cloaked is a better choice...

Message 67 of 89 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Does using scoped in gold with AK47, m9, and Gmal make any improvements to those guns? I swear I have played many people that use those combos (and yes they do some crazy tryhard **bleep**)

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 68 of 89 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Feb 12, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Does using scoped in gold with AK47, m9, and Gmal make any improvements to those guns? I swear I have played many people that use those combos (and yes they do some crazy tryhard **bleep**)

Scoped In is useless with the Ak. With the G-mal it reduces pain wobble and more of your shots have the chance to hit the opponent.

I think that with a regular M9, Scoped In does little to nothing but with a RoF M9 it could possibly make you more accurate, especially in a head up situation. You wouldn't have to worry about pain wobble and you just have to focus on the low amount of recoil while shooting.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 69 of 89 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Scoped In is useless with the Ak. With the G-mal it reduces pain wobble and more of your shots have the chance to hit the opponent.

I think that with a regular M9, Scoped In does little to nothing but with a RoF M9 it could possibly make you more accurate, especially in a head up situation. You wouldn't have to worry about pain wobble and you just have to focus on the low amount of recoil while shooting.

Yeah having it for the AK47 is really useless as well as the m9. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 70 of 89 (179 Views)
0 Likes