Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2013
By: far-zan Gaming Beast 1892 posts

Let's Talk about Weapon Buffs

88 replies 437 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

ND has already nerfed guns to acheive Weapon balance and I feel like we are going the wrong direction right now. Some current guns need to be buffed rather than the M9 being tweaked.

Long Guns:

G-Mal: Lower the recoil to pre-patch 1.13 levels. It never needed an increase in recoil it's a LONG range weapon. In it's current state it's outclassed at all ranges. A slight bit of stopping power.

FAL-SS: Lower the recoil, remove jamming, increase the amount of ammo it can carry. As with the G-Mal extra stopping power can't hurt 

AK: This gun is pretty much balanced and doesn't really need any changes, if anything tightening the bullet spread. IMO it's perfect in its current state 

M9, Dragon, and Kal are fine 

Pistols:

Arm Micro: It isn't used as much as the Para 9 but IMO its perfectly balanced anything else would make the gun OP

Raffica: Definently needs a buff, first it has a puny clip I feel like the clip needs to hold at least one more burst. Increase the Weapon Damage as of right now it takes 9 bullets or 3 Bursts to kill it should be tweaked to 7 shots, as of right now it has the slowest TTK of any gun in the game. The gun needs a buff on accuracy

Tau Sniper:Needs to hold more ammo, I'm pretty sure it's to late to get rid of its ridiculous scope...

Para 9:Fine where it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 89 (437 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Let's Talk about Weapon Buffs

Feb 10, 2013

I second everything you said but i do think the AK needs like a 5%-10% tightened bullet spread

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 89 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 10, 2013

far-zan wrote:

ND has already nerfed guns to acheive Weapon balance and I feel like we are going the wrong direction right now. Some current guns need to be buffed rather than the M9 being tweaked.

Long Guns:

G-Mal: Lower the recoil to pre-patch 1.13 levels. It never needed an increase in recoil it's a LONG range weapon. In it's current state it's outclassed at all ranges. A slight bit of stopping power.

The G-Mal needs a slight amount of recoil and stopping power and then it will be fine.

FAL-SS: Lower the recoil, remove jamming, increase the amount of ammo it can carry. As with the G-Mal extra stopping power can't hurt 

Recoil is fine, Remove the jamming and make it a 6 shot weapon. Ammo needs to be 120.

AK: This gun is pretty much balanced and doesn't really need any changes, if anything tightening the bullet spread. IMO it's perfect in its current state 

Like you said.

M9, Dragon, and Kal are fine 

M-9 needs a slight decrease in blindfire, The Dragon needs to have its auto aim removed and the Kal needs to be aimable.

Pistols:

Arm Micro: It isn't used as much as the Para 9 but IMO its perfectly balanced anything else would make the gun OP

As you said.

Raffica: Definently needs a buff, first it has a puny clip I feel like the clip needs to hold at least one more burst. Increase the Weapon Damage as of right now it takes 9 bullets or 3 Bursts to kill it should be tweaked to 7 shots, as of right now it has the slowest TTK of any gun in the game. The gun needs a buff on accuracy

Rafica needs to be a 7 shot kill weapon (2 bursts and one bullet to kill)

Tau Sniper:Needs to hold more ammo, I'm pretty sure it's to late to get rid of its ridiculous scope...

Tau needs to hold 20-25 bullets and needs its scope removed.

Para 9:Fine where it is.

Needs a decrease in blindfire

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 89 (424 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I say the T-bolt should be automatic. What is the worst that can happen?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 89 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 10, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:

Yeah the shot gun should also be instant kill regardless of range :smileyvery-happy:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 89 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

Yeah the shot gun should also be instant kill regardless of range :smileyvery-happy:

Plus, everyone spawns with permanent militia man and infinite ammo! Who needs that reloading or running out BS? :smileylol:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 89 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I don't agree with a 6HK FAL-SS. It would have the same damage as the Para 9.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 89 (396 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Feb 10, 2013
^^you must not use the fal much. Para 9 and fal both have a different feel to them. A 6hk fal with no jamming is the best alternative they can offer along with an increase in ammo. The recoil is fine too. A 4hk fal with a lower rof will make the gun crap as others proposed.

The gmal's recoil isnt an issue imo, the recoil isnt enough to make u miss. Ppl that complain are the ones who cant aim and rely too much in aim assist. Blood pretty much summed it all up nicely. I would like the m9s strong aim assist consistent with the ak as well in order to make it more balanced.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 89 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5713 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I agree with the Tau and Fal with a max ammo increase, along with a SP increase on the fal. Reduce the para's BF accuracy by a comfortable amount.

As for the M9, want a real jack of trades gun? Wipe its stats to being a little under decent in all areas and only working semi-well in the 3 ranges and just increase the strength of the mods as well as adding a accuracy mod. Along with having the RoF mod increase its recoil to almost match the kal's.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 89 (373 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I agree that the FAL-SS needs an ammo increase (+25%), but I think its damage should stay the same (5HK).

Rifles should always have more damage that their pistol counterparts (i.e. FAL-SS/Para 9, G-MAL/Raffica, Dragon/TAU, M9/Micro).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 89 (365 Views)