Sackboy
537 posts

Tut, i keep getting this message   your post has been cha...

Dec 1, 2012

Tut, i keep getting this message

your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 71 of 85 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Re: Ps3 is hard wired from modem, but I do a test via the wir...

Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
Do you mean that the WiFi signal strength is low? How low?

Ps3 is hard wired from modem, but I do a test via the wireless connected comp as soon as the white plug appears

The first pic is typical

And the next is after the white plug

pping.JPG

Can you post the first pic as well? Fiber connections are supposed to have consistent performance...

ping 2.JPG

Message 72 of 85 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Dec 1, 2012

this is bigger

ppp.JPG

Message 73 of 85 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

sprinkler18 wrote:

ping 2.JPG

Hmmm, that doesn't look good. Seems like an ISP issue (congestion maybe?).

Have you tried to contact them?

Also, are you sure that no one else is hogging your connection?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 74 of 85 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Fiber connections are supposed to have consistent performance...

This is from virgin media, 50meg fibre optic, when its feels like it

But then again virgin have had to take off some TV ads for claiming all sorts of promises they can't deliver on,

and when you call them to complain they give it the usual disclaimer of it being low during peak times, something they failed to mention in one of the said ads

Message 75 of 85 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 1, 2012

sprinkler18 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

But then again virgin have had to take off some TV ads for claiming all sorts of promises they can't deliver on,

and when you call them to complain they give it the usual disclaimer of it being low during peak times, something they failed to mention in one of the said ads

Well, if Virgin Media uses PON technology (a single fibre optic shared among 32-64 houses), then that may be true.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 76 of 85 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:

ping 2.JPG

Hmmm, that doesn't look good. Seems like an ISP issue (congestion maybe?).

Have you tried to contact them?

Also, are you sure that no one else is hogging your connection?

There's not many continuously good ip connection providers here in the UK, they just claim they're good, and sadly we just get rolled and mugged off all the time with any old tosh

tbh all our service providers inc gas/elec et-al are a total rip off

Message 77 of 85 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Well, if Virgin Media uses PON technology (a single fibre optic shared among 32-64 houses), then that may be true.

tbh most of the time it's a constant 50meg, but that's no good when your bang in the middle of a game and it decides to drop out on you

Message 78 of 85 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Lag Is At It's All Time High.....

Dec 1, 2012

My lag never stops until like... My 10th match of the day. Lag has always been high for me.

Message 79 of 85 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Lag Is At It's All Time High.....

Dec 1, 2012

I'm now convinced the lag is worse than ever. The game is pretty much unplayable. As I posted before, I had a few lagless games yesterday, but since that it has been appalling.

Just about EVERY game features players shooting shotgun M9 bursts, running straight through bullets blindfiring, being unhittable with a T-Bolt etc. I'm constantly in games with ARG, BRA, KSA, MEX, Australians, Kiwis etc etc - it's a recipe for lag. I don't recall it ever being this bad. So many players seem to have evolved tactics based on the assumption that they can take advantage of lag.

The only reason I play UC3 MP is because apart from this I don't really play video games any more! If I actually bothered to play other games I'm sure I would have ditched this long ago. The lag is just abysmal.

When a nub is running from distance straight towards you blindfiring an automatic, just shoot 10 or 12 bullets into them (if using M9) and then consciously stop and wait. You'll see that they will continue running straight at you for perhaps 1.5-2 seconds firing before they actually die from your bullets, and their continued blindfire will all be considered live rounds in the game. Essentially these players have a couple of seconds after you've mown them down running straight at you to do what they want.

Message 80 of 85 (120 Views)