Sackboy
450 posts

Re: Lag Is At It's All Time High.....

Nov 28, 2012
In my experience the level based system doesn't work anyway, I'm 3rd legacy 75 and I still see plenty of 1st and 5th legacy players, I never noticed any difference in the player levels I was matched against pre or post 1.15. So what does it do? Search for players within the specified parameters and when it can't find any, ignore all search criteria and stick you into any old game?
Message 41 of 85 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I haven't progressed beyond 3rd legacy because when the 4th and 5th were released I was helping people with coop adventure and didn't want to lose my kickbacks etc, and now as time goes on it seems more and more pointless
Message 42 of 85 (272 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Beelzebean wrote:
I haven't progressed beyond 3rd legacy because when the 4th and 5th were released I was helping people with coop adventure and didn't want to lose my kickbacks etc, and now as time goes on it seems more and more pointless

Yeah, you have a point. Legacy 3 players can search for up to 150 levels, while Legacy 5/Level 75 players are stuck to 75 levels only. Smiley Sad

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 43 of 85 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Nov 28, 2012
tap, I've done multiple tests of the ps3, pinging it, increasing the qos (all our PCs are g, not n) running speed and ping tests with the internal and the Web browser and my own routers diagnostics. it always runs clean.

i've seen more white plus since 1.15 than in the year previous. the first day of the June beta was worse, when there wad all that stuttering and they made a day one change and fixed it

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 44 of 85 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Nov 28, 2012

It's actually worse for me everyone has 3 bars MAX most of them have 2 bars. I don't get it why does this system match me up with south americans and asians I'm from Holland how does that make sense?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 85 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5265 posts

Nov 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Beelzebean wrote:

Yeah, you have a point. Legacy 3 players can search for up to 150 levels, while Legacy 5/Level 75 players are stuck to 75 levels only. Smiley Sad

Honestly should just remove the level-based search. It does nothing and it's useless for people like me (which is I'm also at legacy 3 level 75). Or set it so that you can search 375 levels above and below you (375 is the maximum number of levels)

Message 46 of 85 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tack129 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Beelzebean wrote:

Honestly should just remove the level-based search. It does nothing and it's useless for people like me (which is I'm also at legacy 3 level 75). Or set it so that you can search 375 levels above and below you (375 is the maximum number of levels)

I'm fine with that too.

ps: Actually there are 450 levels (75 levels without Legacy + 75 * 5 Legacies). Eric got it wrong.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 47 of 85 (184 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 30, 2012

di-2K2W.jpg

Message 48 of 85 (145 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Awww I love it. Just played a game 2 french, 1 russian, 1 japanesse, and 1 guy from brazil. Hell of a 5 man party to play against.

But if this game has level based matchmaking why is I got pinned around that 5 man party which 4 of them was 75ish legacy 5. When the people on my team haven't even legacyed once?

WTG ND. Not only did you not fix the WEIGH heavly on GEOLOCATION and PING the level based matchmaking system is bugged as hell.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 49 of 85 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I played with my typical party last night. We did pretty well in general. Then we ran into a small group of 3 + 2 randoms. We won the first game and they we're talking $#!t. The second match starts and they are complaining and talking $#!t again (nevermind the fact that they had M9 rof and KAL-7 rof + revenge). After we get up by 10 in the museum one of the randoms drops out. A new random comes in. And suddenly, they are unkillable. Their pull downs trump my kick offs. Their bullets count for double damage (seemingly). The new random didn't do well, but he apparently grabbed the host with his low connection speed somehow. It's the only way to explain it. One minute they can't keep up, the next they are juggernauts. And of course they reveled in the moment. They talked like they just own on this game. Their stats would suggest otherwise.

So frustrating to lose to a team that you know and have proven to be better than. Thanks laggy host. 

Message 50 of 85 (131 Views)
0 Likes