Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Lag Is At It's All Time High.....

Nov 27, 2012

scootgar wrote:
Like gunns, i've had a lot of white plug recently.

White plug in Competitive games indicates packet loss from your connection.

Are you sure that your WiFi is working flawlessly? Does anyone use NetFlix while you're playing?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 31 of 85 (371 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I was trying to use my tickets last night and got 5 wasted on connection errors and "You have been removed from the game"s. There was always at least one player on the other teamthat was supper laggy, too. So, so far the lag has been worse for me.

Message 32 of 85 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Nov 27, 2012
The day they said they had tried to fix this, I was getting matched with mixed levels and low lag, today I'm getting matched with high levels and lots of lag.

It's not half obvious that it's already switched it back to their precious level based match making.
Pepsi
Message 33 of 85 (323 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Nov 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Are you sure that your WiFi is working flawlessly? Does anyone use NetFlix while you're playing?

No.  The wireless is fine.   When it started happening I'd run a speedtest on the other wireless devices, and they're fine.  25 Mbps ping under 20 ms.

I also associate the white plug with enemies lagging out of games.  When it goes on for more than a few seconds, guaranteed someone's dropping.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 34 of 85 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Nov 28, 2012

So I wasn't the only one. ND just needs to add region lock, or at least in U4. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 35 of 85 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 28, 2012

scootgar wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

scootgar wrote:

No.  The wireless is fine.   When it started happening I'd run a speedtest on the other wireless devices, and they're fine.  25 Mbps ping under 20 ms.

I also associate the white plug with enemies lagging out of games.  When it goes on for more than a few seconds, guaranteed someone's dropping.

It could be the PS3's wonky wireless (802.11b/g). PCs usually have better wireless (802.11n).

Try this one if it happens again. Preferably from a PC with ethernet.

Start button -> Run -> cmd.exe

ping -t PS3_IP_ADDRESS

PS3_IP_ADDRESS is something like 192.168.1.5

Let it run for a few minutes. If the ping is inconsistent and/or you see many lost packets, then it may be the PS3's wifi.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 36 of 85 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

At least I'm not the only one who experiences this. Every time ND says they fixed something, it's getting worse. Today I saw so many teleporters it's not funny. How can a ping-based matchmaking match me with players who have a 100ms ping to the next house in their city?! Smiley Tongue

I guess it's still "level > ping / connection". The level part has to go. It seems that we do not have enough players to keep it at an acceptable level. More than one year after release, you cannot expect to enter such a multiplayer without facing a tough competition of dedicated players sometimes.

Message 37 of 85 (265 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

At least I'm not the only one who experiences this. Every time ND says they fixed something, it's getting worse. Today I saw so many teleporters it's not funny. How can a ping-based matchmaking match me with players who have a 100ms ping to the next house in their city?! Smiley Tongue

I guess it's still "level > ping / connection". The level part has to go. It seems that we do not have enough players to keep it at an acceptable level. More than one year after release, you cannot expect to enter such a multiplayer without facing a tough competition of dedicated players sometimes.

Eric-ND wrote:

We recently pushed a live update that changed up our matchmaking system for U3 Multiplayer. We know there had been some issues after the latest change so it works something like this.

geo-location and ping are HEAVILY weighted up front. We now look for people 75 ranks above you and 75 below you within a very close geo-location and ping  FIRST. We have 375 possible ranks in the game. As we look for more matches we'll broaden both geo-location and ping along with rank. Geo-location and ping matter most. 

Bottom line is the more players we have the better the matchmaking will be so thank you for your support. See ya online!

That's right!

Some examples:

If you are Legacy 5/Level 75 (max rank), it will search for players in this range -> Legacy 4/Level 75 - Legacy 5/Level 75. Not good... you still miss a huge part of the player pool.

If you are Legacy 0/Level 1, it will search for players in this range -> Legacy 0/Level 1 - Legacy 0/Level 75.

If you are Legacy 3/Level 75, it will search for players in this range -> Legacy 2/Level 75 - Legacy 4/Level 75.

Now that everyone understands how it works (it's not rocket science) and everyone knows that ND can tweak the matchmaking netcode parameters' weight on-the-fly via LiveUpdates, we need to convince ND to remove the Legacy/Level-based part!

Solution: reduce Legacy/Level parameters' weight to ZERO!!!

Message 38 of 85 (254 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

Nov 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

We recently pushed a live update that changed up our matchmaking system for U3 Multiplayer. We know there had been some issues after the latest change so it works something like this.

geo-location and ping are HEAVILY weighted up front. We now look for people 75 ranks above you and 75 below you within a very close geo-location and ping  FIRST. We have 375 possible ranks in the game. As we look for more matches we'll broaden both geo-location and ping along with rank. Geo-location and ping matter most. 

Bottom line is the more players we have the better the matchmaking will be so thank you for your support. See ya online!

So really, if your Legacy 5 Max level 75, your missing out becuase it can ONLY search for player's 75 levels below. Where as if your 3rd legacy 75, 2nd legacy 75,etc. it can search for players for 75 ABOVE you and BELOW you. That sucks -.-

Then again, i would guess the vast majority of players this late in the game are Legacy 5 level 75, so i guess it evens out? :s

!Rafe is Bae!
Message 39 of 85 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 28, 2012

RandomZach wrote:

Then again, i would guess the vast majority of players this late in the game are Legacy 5 level 75, so i guess it evens out? :s

Not really... some players refuse to Legacy, other players have made alts etc.

Message 40 of 85 (231 Views)