Aug 24 2012
By: ETHEREALMATIC Lombax Warrior 89 posts

Lab - Block Mesh Levels deserve their own playlist

6 replies 252 views Edited Aug 24, 2012

I have enjoyed this lab more so than any other lab, including the labs from Uncharted 2.

I think that the Block Mesh should have its' own playlist where players can vote for different block mesh levels.

Clearly there will be more block mesh levels released but I think that providing a playlist just for these levels would be great.

Anyone agree?

Message 1 of 7 (252 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Lab - Block Mesh Levels deserve their own playlist

Aug 24, 2012

ETHEREALMATIC wrote:

I have enjoyed this lab more so than any other lab, including the labs from Uncharted 2.

I think that the Block Mesh should have its' own playlist where players can vote for different block mesh levels.

Clearly there will be more block mesh levels released but I think that providing a playlist just for these levels would be great.

Anyone agree?

I also like the mesh maps, but having a permanent playlist dedicated solely to them would divide the player pool. They should be added to all mods imo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 2 of 7 (238 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Aug 25, 2012
at the very least they should be added to maps you can use in custom games
---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 3 of 7 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 26, 2012
@quackerzacker: they will be adding it to customs once the rotation in the lab playlist Is completed.

Evan told me this awhile ago, when the block mesh maps just came out Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 4 of 7 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Aug 28, 2012
I would settle for them being placed in rotation. I would disagree aout them dividing the community though. I feel as though they would divide the community only as much as they have since Map 1 was released.

For me it is a different experience because I feel it is so muc easier to spot a character when everything is either blue or red and not as detailed and texturized as the actual levels.

That being said... I will be heart broken if I can no longer play this map competitively.
Message 5 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 30, 2012

ETHEREALMATIC wrote:
I would settle for them being placed in rotation. I would disagree aout them dividing the community though. I feel as though they would divide the community only as much as they have since Map 1 was released.

Adding different playlists for people to play in divides up the player pool. Let's say there were 2 modes in a game: FFA and TDM. About half of the players would be in FFA, and the other portion in TDM. The fraction of players in each playlist decreases with each new playlist- 3 would be 33%, 4 would be 25%, etc...and it decreases with DLC pools. UC3 already has 11 different playlists (if I remembered correctly), which is about 9% per mode. If another playlist was added for the mesh maps only, it would become around 8%.

Keep in mind that these %s are only if equal numbers of people played different modes. TDM has a lot more players than Hardcore, and the mode suffers for it. Having another division of the player pool only for 2 maps would either make games on them incredibly laggy from a lack of players OR take a chunk out of the other modes and increase the lag in them. 

tl;dr No new playlists! Just add the maps to rotation and customs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 6 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Question: isn't "the lab" playlist a playlist?
And doesn't the lab use block mesh maps?
Therefore thë lab is a playlist with block mesh maps Smiley Very Happy

Problem solved.
And btw: Evan already said that we get the mesh maps in customs after they finish their rotation in the lab playlist.
And I assume that once they have showed off all their mesh maps, they will put them all onto the lab and you will vote for each one before thë match starts.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 7 of 7 (165 Views)
0 Likes