1) North-west USA
2) 11/21/12 at 2:00 PM MST
3) 21 on 5th legacy
4) TDM and co-op arena
5) 1 (no party)
7) Century Link/ Quest
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!
1) the part of the world you're playing in - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2) the date/time your are playing - Usually only on weekends, a few hours in total throughout the day.
3) your rank - Level 5, 5th Legacy
4) what game type - Classic
5) how many players - Usually just me, if not then a party of 2 or 3.
6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) - DSL
7) service provider - Bell Canada
Played again this afternoon. It was lag free. I can kill guys in a normal amount of bullets consistently. I can get away from people. Grenades have a consistent explosion radius.
So far so good ND. Thanks!
My matches are still full of players from other continents. In the last two days, it was so bad that I had a hard time not to go negative instead of getting my usual 3-4 ratio. Every now and then I ran into an opponent who did not lag, which was the proof I wanted to be certain it's not my connection.
At this point I seriously consider leaving Uncharted 3 for good. If almost everything is decided by lag and a player like me who used to decide matches now has a hard time to even go positive, something is wrong. I'm not sure how many players you have in each country. Maybe Europe is "empty" right now, but all I see is America and Asia. They get the host, I get a huge disadvantage...
The original matchmaking worked just fine for me. I never experienced that much lag before. If you really want to consider levels at all you need a more regional-based matchmaking. Certain countries should never ever appear on my screen no matter what. The distance alone is just too much, no matter how their connections are...
Lag is generally less than before. It runs smoother and I can actually escape from dying. Well done, guys.
Lag is better, huh? I call placebo effect. This is from last night.
Look, lag will ALWAYS be prevalent in any and ALL games that have multiplayer. There is no "getting rid of lag" or "removing it from the game." It will always be there, nothing to do about it because each and every player has a different connection, connection speed, and a numerous other amount of variables that I cannot even begin to list.
From what I've sad, it's signifcantly less than I remember, so I'm satisfied. While you may not be satisfied (I can't remember a time when you were) it is out of the question from what I've said.
• [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [54 Kudos][21 Possible Changes] •
• Crushing+ • No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena (my ideas to fix that) •
• A Co-Op Dream Map • Deadly Drive - Chapter 2.5 - Co-Op Adventure •
• Pinkerton's Mansion - Co-Op Arena Map • *-=JD--'s Ultimate Co-Op Guide=-* •
• Co-Op Mods for other Weapons • Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas •
• "A Forced Collaboration" - Drake, Eddy, and Flynn •
Glad to hear everyone enjoys the new Lab Map.
So we've been trying a number of matchmaking settings as of late. Today we pushed what we consider to be the best we can do with the tools at hand. We need your help to determine if it's working - we just can't get enough people interally to test this.
Therefore, we would love your help with the following information (also, let's try and keep this post on topic):
1) the part of the world you're playing in
2) the date/time your are playing
3) your rank
4) what game type
5) how many players
6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc)
7) service provider
Thanks for the help.
cog182! First of all THANKS for this effort! I will try the new settings tonight!
Here are my answers:
1) the part of the world you're playing in - Boston MA USA
2) the date/time your are playing - Usually play after 10PM ET
3) your rank - Currently Legacy 3, Level 11
4) what game type - I play FFA and TO a lot!
5) how many players - Usually I am alone...I do have friends though
6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) - FiOS 15/5
7) service provider - Verizon
We changed some matchmaking settings today.
Care to elaborate on that? Did you implement strictly ping-based matchmaking with a LiveUpdate?
Please remove Legacy & Level parameters from the matchmaking algorithm or at the very least, reduce their weight to ZERO.
Maybe ND is making sure we are match Hosts
1) USA - California
2) Late nights (between 9PM-3AM)
3) Level 75 / (No Legacy)
4) Team Objective/Co-Op Arena mainly
5) Usually in a party of 3 or 4.
6) Fiber optic
Michael: "Get rid of the Seaward"
Lucille: "I'll leave when I'm good and ready"