Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Re: LAG - We need your help

Nov 29, 2012

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

This matchmaking does not work either. We have to go back to a connection based matchmaking.

Keep the levels 1-10/20 (no legacy) in their own player pool so they can get used to how things work. Everyone else should be in the same pool.

Honestly, how much worse do you want things to become ND? So many player pools due to your DLC greed and now this. I just can't take it anymore. I would not be surprised if more and more players left now...

I kinda did leave. I come back to check out the labs and thats it really. I'm not willing to sit through playing this game daily in it's current state.

There currently isn't a laggier game on the market and that is a serious statement considering there are games that don't only border unplayable they are completely unplayable.

Uncharted 3 surpasses them all in unplayability right now. I'd rather put myself through hours of Goldeneye Reloaded which is simply unbareable at times, but that is better than simply unbareable at all times (Uncharted 3)

Message 121 of 207 (514 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I am going to post this in every section of ND forums as my original post was ignored

multiplayers broke for alot of players. go to load games and your skin disappears. it go to load 40 seconds and DOESNT LOAD ANYMORE. this has been going on for 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! THREE WEEKS AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE 

come on ND get your finger out and do something. i play a lot of franchise games UC3  and UN2 was my fav but its the only 2 games i have had unbeleiveable problems with COD doesnt, Assassins Creed doesnt battlefield you name it doesnt have the problems online you guys do. maybe you should hire some of there people to actually fix ND

the lag issues have messed up europe at least

n.ireland 

old ps3 80 g 

sky

75rank

all game times 

Message 122 of 207 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Dec 5, 2012

ChrisCCEP wrote:

I am going to post this in every section of ND forums as my original post was ignored

multiplayers broke for alot of players. go to load games and your skin disappears. it go to load 40 seconds and DOESNT LOAD ANYMORE. this has been going on for 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! THREE WEEKS AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE 

come on ND get your finger out and do something. i play a lot of franchise games UC3  and UN2 was my fav but its the only 2 games i have had unbeleiveable problems with COD doesnt, Assassins Creed doesnt battlefield you name it doesnt have the problems online you guys do. maybe you should hire some of there people to actually fix ND

the lag issues have messed up europe at least

n.ireland 

old ps3 80 g 

sky

75rank

all game times 

Problem this game faced with multiplayer. ND has never developed a competitive shooter before UC2. Then they hired Cog because he had experince with other online shooters. So UC2 was a test run. Then UC3 they had only 1 game under the belt so still was jumping in the deep end without knowing how to swim.

You can't depend the whole development team to depend on a new guy you hire on to help develop a multiplayer section for a game you want to be the "go to shooter on the PS3". But know they got UC2, UC3, and TLoU under the belt for multiplayer. 

Only thing I'm going to regret is them working on UC4 for the PS4 and having to test the waters with the PS4's hardware with online players. But we'll see. But it might be like the jump from UC1 to UC2 where they understand the console and know what they can push out of it. So I expect UC5 (if it happens) to be EPIC. Graphics wise. Can't say much for the story though.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 123 of 207 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3713 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Ok cog, we gave you the info requested. Are there any plans to use it to improve U3 matchmaking? The lag is as bad as ever.
Message 124 of 207 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Dec 7, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Ok cog, we gave you the info requested. Are there any plans to use it to improve U3 matchmaking? The lag is as bad as ever.

Fact is, both myself and Tap have provided how to fix this, ND ignored it and asked everyone?

I'm missing the logic in that.

Message 125 of 207 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I don't know about anyone else, but the lag is INSANE right now. I live in Pennsylvania, I'm usually playing from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST. Every single match I get put into lobbies with KSA, German, Japanese, and Chinese players. I've never seen this much shotgun loadout weapons, teleporting around the map, and meleeing from one half of the map to the other. Its so bad I can only play co op now, and even that is a laggy mess.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 126 of 207 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

The majority of my opponents are from other continents lately. I tell you, the matchmaking doesn't even know what ping is otherwise that would not happen.

But the shotgun-AKs and teleporters, they are in every country, on all continents. Whether these people do not care about their connection, live in a region where highspeed is not available, use unstable wireless... I don't know. But they are there, even in North America and Europe. The thing is, they should not be put in our matches.

We all lag on other people's screens. But there's a difference between players with ping times of 10-250ms to the rest of the world and those who have 1000ms and more (I've seen unbelieveable delays in this game).

Message 127 of 207 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I play T.O.  in the UK and find the lag starts at about 6pm week days and progressively worsens till about 9pm, then  I leave

weekends is just always laggy, but that goes without saying Smiley Sad

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 128 of 207 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3713 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

@harrisj16 before the matchmaking snafu, I would have said a US player on around 11am-3pm should see some foreigners, as it is prime time for them. But I play at night 9pm-12am EST and I see them too. Is ND trying their hardest to find me the only few people in the UK amd KSA still awake? I also see plenty of MEX and BRA. Unfortunately a lot of US players are laggy too. They speak english and lag their *** off! Its all ****** UP!

Edit: profanity

Message 129 of 207 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Fact is, both myself and Tap have provided how to fix this, ND ignored it and asked everyone?

I'm missing the logic in that.

That's why I was skeptical from the very beginning:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44577312&postcount=15829

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 130 of 207 (220 Views)