Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: LAG - We need your help

Nov 27, 2012

I honestly haven't had the time to check on it recently. I'll have a bash at the new lab tomorrow though.

From what I'm hearing maybe I shouldn't bother though.

Message 111 of 206 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Nov 27, 2012

1) the part of the world you're playing in - UK

2) the date/time your are playing - From 6pm - 10pm weekdays and anytime weekends

3) your rank - Legacy 5 level 65

4) what game type - Deathmatch/co-op/objective

5) how many players - 2-5

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) - fibre optic cable

7) service provider - Virgin

I would like to add that i contacted Virgin and told them i used it predominantly for online gaming.

They did a route test to the server (In Russia?) and it was quite high (around 600ms).

They tweaked it and got it right down but it seems to me that you're worse off with a good connection.

Message 112 of 206 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1766 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Virgin Media is my ISP too. High five. Virgin Media FTW apparently they do a package with 120mbps download speed. The good thing about Virgin Media is that there's no limit in the amount of internet you can use. You get unlimited downloads and uploads and unlimited internet usage. No data cap.

We have several devices all using the internet at once and I don't experience personal lag when playing Uncharted 3 (which is a game that requires a good/fast internet connection if you don't want to find yourself lagging).

Message 113 of 206 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4076 posts

Nov 27, 2012
In Uncgarted 3
Faster internet = disadvantage.
Message 114 of 206 (426 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Nov 28, 2012

The lag is perfect --- don't touch it!

Message 115 of 206 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Okay. So I had time today. Didn't get through one unlagged game yet again... No actually thats a lie, I did get through ONE. no more than one though.

Matchmaking is now finding connection and when it fails at that it fills it with laggers ... Should not be an option, Ever. Connection based and wait for players.

When Uncharted lags. It's not only unplayable it's outright awful.

Switched it off waited for a while on Kane and Lynch 2, finally found 3 players after an hour and experienced less lag.. LESS LAG? On the laggiest game I've ever played.. Yeah.. I guess Uncharted 3 is up there in the top spot since these changes.

Message 116 of 206 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4076 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I notice SOMETIMES it will populate the list with all 4-5 bar people, then POOF they're gone! If I stay there waiting it will slowly fill up eith 1-3 bar laggers. If I back out after intial good group pops of, I can try again and typically have ok results. Its like finding decent players is on ME. I gotta watch carefully.

Still doesn't solve the inexplicable white plug disconnects and party splits that are happening a lot more frequently now.
Message 117 of 206 (370 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Nov 29, 2012

This matchmaking does not work either. We have to go back to a connection based matchmaking.

Keep the levels 1-10/20 (no legacy) in their own player pool so they can get used to how things work. Everyone else should be in the same pool.

Honestly, how much worse do you want things to become ND? So many player pools due to your DLC greed and now this. I just can't take it anymore. I would not be surprised if more and more players left now...

Message 118 of 206 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Nov 29, 2012

1) the part of the world you're playing in - The Netherlands

2) the date/time your are playing -Mostly after 19:00 GMT+1

3) your rank -Legacy 5, Level 75

4) what game type -Anything

5) how many players -Does this mean my party? Well mostly 2-5 depending on who is online.

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) -Cable Modem

7) service provider -Ziggo

Message 119 of 206 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

This matchmaking does not work either. We have to go back to a connection based matchmaking.

Keep the levels 1-10/20 (no legacy) in their own player pool so they can get used to how things work. Everyone else should be in the same pool.

Honestly, how much worse do you want things to become ND? So many player pools due to your DLC greed and now this. I just can't take it anymore. I would not be surprised if more and more players left now...

I kinda did leave. I come back to check out the labs and thats it really. I'm not willing to sit through playing this game daily in it's current state.

There currently isn't a laggier game on the market and that is a serious statement considering there are games that don't only border unplayable they are completely unplayable.

Uncharted 3 surpasses them all in unplayability right now. I'd rather put myself through hours of Goldeneye Reloaded which is simply unbareable at times, but that is better than simply unbareable at all times (Uncharted 3)

Message 120 of 206 (569 Views)
0 Likes