Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Re: LAB MAP 1: Big White Wall: Fix our other maps now please?

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

Completley agree with you.  Even after the patch Syria spawnkilling still happens.  That corner in LU is just annoying.  It's not even that great a spot to camp yet people do anyways. I wasn't aware of a problem with City of Brass but next time I play it I'll be paying close attention.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 31 of 39 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Aug 25, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

Completley agree with you.  Even after the patch Syria spawnkilling still happens.  That corner in LU is just annoying.  It's not even that great a spot to camp yet people do anyways. I wasn't aware of a problem with City of Brass but next time I play it I'll be paying close attention.

You probably wont see it, I've only seen it once used by someone other than people I play with.

Message 32 of 39 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Aug 25, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The big massive white wall where the snipers all camped for the entire match?

Good.

Now we have seen that we can expect other map fixes?

• Corner of London Underground, You know what I'm talking about if you have played Uncharted 3 for long enough.
  • Event similar to that of Chateau where area gets closed off by explosion or alternative method

• Syria Spawn camping issue, you know where one team holds the upper ground and snipes you in the face as you respawn. You have no time to even move.

• City of Brass - There are 4 dominant corners, this isn't an immediate issue though. These corners are located completely opposite from each other and when controlled you cannot be defeated unless you absolutely suck.

How do these get fixed?

London Underground:

• Obviously like the LAB, a big massive wall will do for London Underground to prevent huddling in that corner.

Syria:

• Syria - Bigger wall for the spawnees on that side would do nicely to prevent snipes from happening.

City of Brass:

• City of Brass, include those areas to be blocked off once again by a wall, but this is not a severe issue at this moment in time to my knowledge.

If anyone can add to that where maps need fixing to prevent abuse and further the fair play initiative then feel free to add some, if I think they really are an issue I'll add them to this for as long as I possibly can.

ND please make this a reality and improve the playability of the game played with honor and integrity.

I actually am one of the people that wants to disagree with your judgement, as i found the wall on the lab a little annoying, but not quite game breaking.

I am a sniper, and as it stands, snipers barely have any advantages. Taking away these spots would completely destroy the sniper. All this would do is stop people from attempting to use the dragon, and it would further enforce the fact that the blindfiring m9 technique is the best of the bunch.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Ryu's a camping noob!!! Fair enough, point taken. But before you say that, think about this:

Are you any better blindfiring with your M9? Using ROF?

You also have to consider these points when using the dragon:

Recoil is extremely hard to control, and it takes ALOT of practise to use.

The dragon doesn't get very much ammo, so camping cannot last long until you need to get some ammo, which means leaving that spot.

Sorry, but putting walls up at certain points of maps would destroy any use of the dragon, and it's already an extremely hard gun to use. I honestly cannot believe this is seen as aproblem when theres M9's aimlessly blidfiring all over the place.

PS: I am an AK user first, Dragon second.

Firstly, this isn't really a Dragon related thread. This is a gameplay improvement thread.

You'd still have the top area of Syria where the TBOLT spawns, which is the natural designated sniper area. Which is actually fair considering you can't see almost the entire map from there, you have the center piece in your way.

Likewise for the other sniper point there is a wall in the way.

The point to get across is that you shouldn't have an over view of the entire map and spawns if have a sniper based weapon.

For the record I'm actually not that bad with the Dragon, depends how awake I am but yeah, I know what i'm doing. Even I can see the imbalances if I'm picking people off with ease who have freshly spawned and ran around a corner only to immediately die.

That said I could also be using the G-MAL to do that so it's not about the Dragon, or any weapon, it's about protecting spawns and giving people a better chance to survive upon respawning. or like the London thing, stopping area control as it's just cheap and takes away the entire point of a traversal adventure based shooter.

There are ways to improve the experience without adding new layouts, but Syria would need a whole new set of spawn points. Too much work. Barring removing it the only solution i can see is to make the center piece building longer and block that avenue.

Sniping is fine, having an overlook of the entire map so people can't spawn without dying or can't move far without being surrounded by bullets isn't fine.

No I'm not going to call you a n00b or whatever. I do these exact same things. I'll take any advantage I can, doesn't make it right though and just because I may enjoy it, I'm sure the people on the receiving end don't enjoy being cheaply killed over and over again.

Message 33 of 39 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 26, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

I actually am one of the people that wants to disagree with your judgement, as i found the wall on the lab a little annoying, but not quite game breaking.

I am a sniper, and as it stands, snipers barely have any advantages. Taking away these spots would completely destroy the sniper. All this would do is stop people from attempting to use the dragon, and it would further enforce the fact that the blindfiring m9 technique is the best of the bunch.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Ryu's a camping noob!!! Fair enough, point taken. But before you say that, think about this:

Are you any better blindfiring with your M9? Using ROF?

You also have to consider these points when using the dragon:

Recoil is extremely hard to control, and it takes ALOT of practise to use.

The dragon doesn't get very much ammo, so camping cannot last long until you need to get some ammo, which means leaving that spot.

Sorry, but putting walls up at certain points of maps would destroy any use of the dragon, and it's already an extremely hard gun to use. I honestly cannot believe this is seen as aproblem when theres M9's aimlessly blidfiring all over the place.

PS: I am an AK user first, Dragon second.

+ 1 for the insightful reply. I'm not much of a sniper myself, but I've used the Dragon & T-Bolt to a point where I know there's a large amount of aiming precision involved (which is why I now tend to refrain from using such weapons). I'd be curious to hear what your fixes for the OP's mentioned sections and other areas would be- hopefully they'll be something to prevent camping from having such a high success rate, but also keep sniping as a viable combat option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 34 of 39 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 26, 2012
Where exactly is this white wall they added in the Lab mesh map? Are we talking about up on the red side where you climb up to get to?
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 35 of 39 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19768 posts

Aug 26, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
Where exactly is this white wall they added in the Lab mesh map? Are we talking about up on the red side where you climb up to get to?

The wall was added above the Heroes spawn where snipers usually camp. It made the area smaller and there are 2 more ways to get up there for a total of 3: the original way of going up the ledge and jumping, climbing a box inside the Hero base (this was there before the update, but you couldn't see any ledges to grab onto), and a pillar outside the Hero base allowing you to jump right up to the camp spot.

Message 36 of 39 (187 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

The wall was added above the Heroes spawn where snipers usually camp. It made the area smaller and there are 2 more ways to get up there for a total of 3: the original way of going up the ledge and jumping, climbing a box inside the Hero base (this was there before the update, but you couldn't see any ledges to grab onto), and a pillar outside the Hero base allowing you to jump right up to the camp spot.

It's still fun, I wonder how they'll make mesh map 2 even better. Smiley Tongue

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 37 of 39 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Aug 26, 2012

EvangM's notes about the Syria spawn kill fix here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Airstrip-glitch/td-p/37842793/p... [message 18] which is still happening. I got snipped twice the other day while i joined a game in progress and i kept spawning facing the wall, so by the time i would turn around i would get snipped. Something else needs to be done on this map cus this happens a lot, its even featured in their Uncharted TV which is hilarious, people getting their connect four or five not alive medals doing spawn kills, how about having the plane drop bombs on those spots on top of the map if people camp there for more than a few minutes, or have the enemies spawn behind them for a quick stealth kill or a grenade drop.

on LU i really do not have a problem there, its all on the way you throw a grenade there really, bounce it off the sealing, walls or a cluster or mega bomb clears the room, and you get yourself some medals, but i do like the idea of moving the gate closer, but how about having some crawlies come out of the gate when someone camps there

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 38 of 39 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Au10tic wrote:

EvangM's notes about the Syria spawn kill fix here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Airstrip-glitch/td-p/37842793/p... [message 18] which is still happening. I got snipped twice the other day while i joined a game in progress and i kept spawning facing the wall, so by the time i would turn around i would get snipped. Something else needs to be done on this map cus this happens a lot, its even featured in their Uncharted TV which is hilarious, people getting their connect four or five not alive medals doing spawn kills, how about having the plane drop bombs on those spots on top of the map if people camp there for more than a few minutes, or have the enemies spawn behind them for a quick stealth kill or a grenade drop.

on LU i really do not have a problem there, its all on the way you throw a grenade there really, bounce it off the sealing, walls or a cluster or mega bomb clears the room, and you get yourself some medals, but i do like the idea of moving the gate closer, but how about having some crawlies come out of the gate when someone camps there

Yeah LU isn't a issue if you have mega bomb or cluster bomb and use ceilings, however...

What if you don't run with those kickbacks and no one on your team does either? Should the solution really be a kickback or should the map play out correctly enough to be able to use your kickbacks when you want and not by force of map geometry?

I'll add  the creepy crawler thing.

Message 39 of 39 (141 Views)
0 Likes