Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: LAB MAP 1: Big White Wall: Fix our other maps now please?

Aug 25, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

The big massive white wall where the snipers all camped for the entire match?

Good.

Now we have seen that we can expect other map fixes?

• Corner of London Underground, You know what I'm talking about if you have played Uncharted 3 for long enough.
  • Event similar to that of Chateau where area gets closed off by explosion or alternative method

• Syria Spawn camping issue, you know where one team holds the upper ground and snipes you in the face as you respawn. You have no time to even move.

• City of Brass - There are 4 dominant corners, this isn't an immediate issue though. These corners are located completely opposite from each other and when controlled you cannot be defeated unless you absolutely suck.

How do these get fixed?

London Underground:

• Obviously like the LAB, a big massive wall will do for London Underground to prevent huddling in that corner.

Syria:

• Syria - Bigger wall for the spawnees on that side would do nicely to prevent snipes from happening.

City of Brass:

• City of Brass, include those areas to be blocked off once again by a wall, but this is not a severe issue at this moment in time to my knowledge.

If anyone can add to that where maps need fixing to prevent abuse and further the fair play initiative then feel free to add some, if I think they really are an issue I'll add them to this for as long as I possibly can.

ND please make this a reality and improve the playability of the game played with honor and integrity.

London Underground: Rather than a wall, a huge amount of crates to fill up the camp space. A wall won't look good.

Syria: No dice. Maybe a statue or something.

City of Brass is pretty okay. Just make it look good if you're going to seal it off.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 39 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Aug 25, 2012

how about a set of indestructable creepy crawlers infestation of the area and attack everyone who camps there and only stops if u get to the stairs, however if the stairs start being camped the spiders attack you still

Message 22 of 39 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Message 23 of 39 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 25, 2012
^ thats the thread where Evan told us about it Smiley Happy

I'm not sure about a video though, I might've been thinking of something else or just imagining the video Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 24 of 39 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2345 posts

Aug 25, 2012
In my opinion, they've made the camping spot on Block Mesh even better, now there's only one way to get up there, and if you stick to the back you're pretty safe from most players, since most people suck at firing long range.
Pepsi
Message 25 of 39 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 25, 2012

okay, you've got the spark going, but that is NOT how it should be fixed..... Go around every map and put "A BIG WALL" where all the players camp. no, the "BIG WALL" is not the solution to every problem.

for London, instead putting that "BIG WALL" , you can just move that gate that is at the back a little closer to the stair case and the opening.

for Syria, instead of Putting that "BIG WALL" to prevent players from spawn camping, have the victim players spawn in diffrent locations that are SAFER.

for the City of brass issue, I don't exactly know what you're taking about. so I can't tell you much about it.

"ME BIG WALLESTA"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 26 of 39 (228 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Aug 25, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

okay, you've got the spark going, but that is NOT how it should be fixed..... Go around every map and put "A BIG WALL" where all the players camp. no, the "BIG WALL" is not the solution to every problem.

for London, instead putting that "BIG WALL" , you can just move that gate that is at the back a little closer to the stair case and the opening.

for Syria, instead of Putting that "BIG WALL" to prevent players from spawn camping, have the victim players spawn in diffrent locations that are SAFER.

for the City of brass issue, I don't exactly know what you're taking about. so I can't tell you much about it.

"ME BIG WALLESTA"

Just thought I'd say. a gate is technically a wall in gameplay terms, only different in how it actually looks, it has the same gameplay effect.

The problem with Syria is that.. if the team is spawn camping it in groups, they have an overview of the entire map and can spawn camp you wherever you are. if they are going to adjust the spawns, they need a spawn below the camp area tunnel, near the ladder, they need another one under the RPG room, another one UNDER the spawn killing position so they can't actually see you. and.. then all the other areas are pretty visible.. So I don't really know about how you can fix this map without a huge map overhaul.

City of Brass has 4 central points where people control, where zone 3 and 1 is in Team Objective. Granted you get one team on one side and another team on the other side, it's not really a huge problem since they can't lock down the entire map there. it's just snipe offs though when two teams try to control that area because no one can get into the areas. The issue there isn't unbalanced or unfair. it's just a boring gameplay dynamic being created by players.

Message 27 of 39 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

"ME BIG WALLESTA"

Just thought I'd say. a gate is technically a wall in gameplay terms, only different in how it actually looks, it has the same gameplay effect.

The problem with Syria is that.. if the team is spawn camping it in groups, they have an overview of the entire map and can spawn camp you wherever you are. if they are going to adjust the spawns, they need a spawn below the camp area tunnel, near the ladder, they need another one under the RPG room, another one UNDER the spawn killing position so they can't actually see you. and.. then all the other areas are pretty visible.. So I don't really know about how you can fix this map without a huge map overhaul.

City of Brass has 4 central points where people control, where zone 3 and 1 is in Team Objective. Granted you get one team on one side and another team on the other side, it's not really a huge problem since they can't lock down the entire map there. it's just snipe offs though when two teams try to control that area because no one can get into the areas. The issue there isn't unbalanced or unfair. it's just a boring gameplay dynamic being created by players.

haha, I thought you literally wanted solid wall in london. Smiley LOL but yea exactly, moving the gate forward seems to be the best solution to prevent player from camping there.

for syria, you said the solution again, no need for a wall or a map overhaul, just safer spawn points under the RPG room and such or maybe beside the Shotgun.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 28 of 39 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

The big massive white wall where the snipers all camped for the entire match?

Good.

Now we have seen that we can expect other map fixes?

• Corner of London Underground, You know what I'm talking about if you have played Uncharted 3 for long enough.
  • Event similar to that of Chateau where area gets closed off by explosion or alternative method

• Syria Spawn camping issue, you know where one team holds the upper ground and snipes you in the face as you respawn. You have no time to even move.

• City of Brass - There are 4 dominant corners, this isn't an immediate issue though. These corners are located completely opposite from each other and when controlled you cannot be defeated unless you absolutely suck.

How do these get fixed?

London Underground:

• Obviously like the LAB, a big massive wall will do for London Underground to prevent huddling in that corner.

Syria:

• Syria - Bigger wall for the spawnees on that side would do nicely to prevent snipes from happening.

City of Brass:

• City of Brass, include those areas to be blocked off once again by a wall, but this is not a severe issue at this moment in time to my knowledge.

If anyone can add to that where maps need fixing to prevent abuse and further the fair play initiative then feel free to add some, if I think they really are an issue I'll add them to this for as long as I possibly can.

ND please make this a reality and improve the playability of the game played with honor and integrity.

I actually am one of the people that wants to disagree with your judgement, as i found the wall on the lab a little annoying, but not quite game breaking.

I am a sniper, and as it stands, snipers barely have any advantages. Taking away these spots would completely destroy the sniper. All this would do is stop people from attempting to use the dragon, and it would further enforce the fact that the blindfiring m9 technique is the best of the bunch.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Ryu's a camping noob!!! Fair enough, point taken. But before you say that, think about this:

Are you any better blindfiring with your M9? Using ROF?

You also have to consider these points when using the dragon:

Recoil is extremely hard to control, and it takes ALOT of practise to use.

The dragon doesn't get very much ammo, so camping cannot last long until you need to get some ammo, which means leaving that spot.

Sorry, but putting walls up at certain points of maps would destroy any use of the dragon, and it's already an extremely hard gun to use. I honestly cannot believe this is seen as aproblem when theres M9's aimlessly blidfiring all over the place.

PS: I am an AK user first, Dragon second.

Message 29 of 39 (209 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 25, 2012
I thought the Syria spawn was patched. They still need to fix that alley spawn on Plaza.

Message 30 of 39 (195 Views)
0 Likes