Survivor
2203 posts

Re: Kids playing Uncharted

Sep 2, 2012

THIS is why there is that wonderful invention called a mute button.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 21 of 43 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2224 posts

Sep 2, 2012

fairytailced wrote:
So I was playing Three Team Deathmatch and my team was losing so I pwned everyone and the Red Team was kids and he was spazzing when I pwned and I think my ears bleed
Why do parents allow kid to play Uncharted or COD like seriously it's called Teen for TEEN and M for MATURE

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/What-are-Clans/m-p/38097097#M2...

Double Standards.

Message 22 of 43 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I'm a kid. Heart

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 23 of 43 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

Sep 2, 2012
Message 24 of 43 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I mean I know it's T for Teen but I was honestly surprised at how young most of the forumers are on here. At the same time though, it explains a lot....

Message 25 of 43 (295 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Sep 2, 2012

This is a defacto sympom from this era.  Parents used to sit their kids in front of TV programing to shut them up.  Now they stick a controller in their hands.  Many childern, I believe, actually come through the birth canal with the PS3 controller already in their hands.

Also, many of their parents are kids themselves (still) and grew up with gaming. 

Message 26 of 43 (280 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4076 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I've been playing simce I was 5 on Atari 2600. I've played with my stepson since he was 5. I'm 35 and he's 16 now. He prefers BF3 but I get him to play U3 with me sometimes.
Message 27 of 43 (255 Views)
Survivor
2123 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I can deal with kids. The ones that speak fluent English. If they speak zero English or only know slurs about mothers, then they get muted,

Message 28 of 43 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I don't have a problem with kids playing any game.  all rating systems and forms of censorship are retarded.  all people are not the same.   a 6 year old kid might watch A Nightmare on Elm Street and love it (as I did) while another may suffer nightmares for weeks and be scarred psychologically.  I play Uncharted with people ranging in age from 14 - 55.  Some of the guys on the younger side like Melew and Taiki are more mature than many others years older. 

Parents know their children better than anyone else.  They know if their child will be psychologically harmed by a movie or a video game due to it's content.   It's nobody else's place to tell them.   This thread isn't really even about that.  The OP is complaining not that the children are being harmed by the content but simply that they annoy him.  I understand completely....which leads me to my next point....

If a parent lets their children play ONLINE games rated T of M and even buy them mics so they can communicate with the much older people they are playing with, they are horrible parents.   No parent should actively try to have their children socialize with 25, 30, 40 and 50 year old dudes.  There are a lot of crazy people out there.   I'm sure any decent parent would not want their children listening to the conversations I have with some of the people I play the game with.  As adults, we talk about adult subjects.  Matchmaking is supposedly based by ping time (supposedly).  In theory, these children should be playing and communicating with the people who live closest to them.  In large areas like NYC or LA, it's almost assured these kids meet adults online who live in the same area.  What are these parents expecting by letting them play online and buying them a mic?  Do they want little 11 year old Johnny to add these adults in his local area to his friends list?  Do they want him to play with these adults often, socializing and getting to know one another?   Hey, once they get to know each other it probably wouldn't be too difficult to meet up for some ice cream or pedophilia.    good times, great parenting.  Hey parents, don't be upset when your young son complains of digits being inserted in his rectum by the 5th legacy level 75 that lives 20 blocks away. 

Since a large portion of parents are plain ol' useless trash (white, black, whatever) it's bound to happen.   I personally think the solution is simple, Sony should stop with the price cut aimed at getting parents to buy systems for little kids or charge a fee for online services.  I paid $600 for my first PS3 in 2007.  How many parents spend $600 to buy their 11 year old son a video game console?  not many.   I bought my second PS3 for half that, $300.   Many parents do spend $300 for Xmas and birthday presents.   Now they're only like $200 or something.  I understand Sony wants to sell as many units as it can to whomever will buy them, it is a business after all, so charging $100 or $50 a year for online access is probably the way to go.  Most parents won't pay extra for online access after buying their children the cheap console. That's why so many players have garbage internet connections.   Parents won't pay $60 or $70 a month so their little kid can play online with a decent cable/FIOS connection.  The parents only need garbage DSL to do Google searches so that's all they pay for.   Charging more money to play games online will help us all out.  It will weed out a lot of people with garbage internet and little kids.  Most of those left online will probably be adults with jobs who can afford decent internet and be willing to pay for it since they are willing to pay a fee to play their favorite game online.

Message 29 of 43 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 2, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

I play Uncharted with people ranging in age from 14 - 55.  Some of the guys on the younger side like Melew and Taiki are more mature than many others years older. 

Smiley Sad
Message 30 of 43 (191 Views)
0 Likes