Aug 13 2012
By: Danger0187 Lombax Warrior 81 posts

Kicking System Needs Revised

[ Edited ]
33 replies 563 views Edited Aug 13, 2012

ND really needs to take a look at their player kicking system for longer game types. A couple of days ago I was playing a game of Team Objective, and it was an extremely epic back and forth match and I was doing really well. During Turf War, I ended up getting surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies that were very close, so I did the rolling grenade. I killed one of them, but one of my teammates came into the territory after I planted it and got himself killed.

The match ended up making it to the 5th round Deathmatch tie-breaker. After getting a couple of kills, an enemy threw a grenade at me and not really having enough time to aim it, I just threw it back. What happens? "You were removed from the game for killing teammates." What really ticks me off is I usually make sure to not kick anyone from the game unless someone is specifically  being a troll and team kills me for my weapon or something like that.

The system needs to be revised. Killing someone twice should not give them the option to kick you out and not give you any treasures/money. I wasn't even using revenge and the 2nd kill wasn't even me throwing the grenade but rather me throwing it back. Accidents happen, especially in games like Plunder/Objective where games can last 20 minutes and there is often close quarter combat.

My suggestion is to raise the amount of times you can team kill someone in Plunder and Objective to 3 before the option to Kick or Forgive comes up. The way it is right now makes me feel like I should be tip-toeing around when my teammates are near for fear of being kicked and losing everything. I don't even want to think about using Revenge, Cluster Bomb, or Mega Bomb because of it, and I don't think I should feel this way. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 34 (563 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Re: Kicking System Needs Revised

Aug 13, 2012

Danger0187 wrote:

ND really needs to take a look at their player kicking system for longer game types. A couple of days ago I was playing a game of Team Objective, and it was an extremely epic back and forth match and I was doing really well. During Turf War, I ended up getting surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies that were very close, so I did the rolling grenade. I killed one of them, but one of my teammates came into the territory after I planted it and got himself killed.

The match ended up making it to the 5th round Deathmatch tie-breaker. After getting a couple of kills, an enemy threw a grenade at me and not really having enough time to aim it, I just threw it back. What happens? "You were removed from the game for killing teammates." What really ticks me off is I usually make sure to not kick anyone from the game unless someone is specifically  being a troll and team kills me for my weapon or something like that.

The system needs to be revised. Killing someone twice should not give them the option to kick you out and not give you any treasures/money. I wasn't even using revenge and the 2nd kill wasn't even me throwing the grenade but rather me throwing it back. Accidents happen, especially in games like Plunder/Objective where games can last 20 minutes and there is often close quarter combat.

My suggestion is to raise the amount of times you can team kill someone in Plunder and Objective to 3 before the option to Kick or Forgive comes up. The way it is right now makes me feel like I should be tip-toeing around when my teammates are near for fear of being kicked and losing everything. I don't even want to think about using Revenge, Cluster Bomb, or Mega Bomb because of it, and I don't think I should feel this way. Thoughts?

I know how you feel but I have been Team killed and they do it because they want to steal my T bolt or Sniper.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 2 of 34 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 13, 2012
I know how you feel but I have been Team killed and they do it because they want to steal my T bolt or Sniper.

Things like that happen, but I feel like accidental team deaths happen way more often.

Message 3 of 34 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Use Team Safe.

Problem solved.
Message 4 of 34 (503 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Well I have accidently killed teammates, I'm not gonna lie.. I don't feel great about it but most don't seem to hold a grudge.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 5 of 34 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 13, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Use Team Safe.

Problem solved.

Problem is that I can't use that and Treasure Hunter. Do I want to waste a booster on the off chance that I throw a grenade back and my teammate wants to be a **bleep** and kick me, or do I want to collect treasure sets to collect the new masks?

Message 6 of 34 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Things like this happen. It's very rare though. And I think 3 kills is a bit too much I've had several times that someone on my team in plunder threw a grenade at me when I was about to score. Which triggers the dedication to jump in his grenades to kick him as quick as possible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 34 (476 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4642 posts

Aug 13, 2012

The kicking system needs to change in that, when it pops up "Do you want to kick the enemy", there should be an "are you sure" after you vote.

The amount of times i've been bashing my buttons frantically trying to survive, and then accidently NOT kicked a team killer because the option comes up immediately is ridiculous.
Message 8 of 34 (456 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Great thread.  I support a revision of sorts for kicking.

@Danger0187 - I like your suggestion of upping the kill count to three for objective type matches.  It makes sense because of the length of the match and the tendency for players to bunch together unlike that of a Death Match.

@S4V463_F0XH0UND - LOL!  I do this sometimes & its always because I was already heading there.  Serves me right when its done to me.

@monkeybutler100 - While 3 kills can arguably be too many, your solution should be implemented at a minimum.  Too many accidents can be solved with this simple fix.

Message 9 of 34 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 13, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

The kicking system needs to change in that, when it pops up "Do you want to kick the enemy", there should be an "are you sure" after you vote.

The amount of times i've been bashing my buttons frantically trying to survive, and then accidently NOT kicked a team killer because the option comes up immediately is ridiculous.

This also would prevent accidentally kicking party/clan members. +1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 10 of 34 (430 Views)
0 Likes