Aug 29 2012
By: Hielke6991 Fender Bender 2379 posts

Kickbacks

7 replies 182 views Edited Aug 29, 2012

I wanted to make a thread about them because some of them are still not balanced. None of the kickbacks is really overpowered right now, But they become overpowered with certain (paid)boosters. Most of the kickbacks are simply useless or too weak. I'm going to list them and tell my opinion about it. And when they are useful. And I give tips on how to use them. I'm not sure if there's a thread like this already but I haven't seen one.

Competitive Kickbacks:

RPG!!!

Cost: 10 medals Duration: Instant

The most basic kickback and its pretty good as it is usually. I remember it was cheaper before but they nerfed it because RPG's dominated the game too much. Its pretty fine but it becomes overpowered when the person is using Explosive shell expert Lv. 2 along with it. With explosive shell expert level 2 or 3 on it gives you 2 rockets instead of 1. And that puts the cost at 5 medals for 1 rocket. If the person also uses bargain it's 4 medals for 1 rocket and hen they are using Explosive shell expert, Bargain AND paid bargain all together you only need 3,5 medals for 1 rocket and it becomes a crazy loadout in which you barely use anything else. Even when bargain and paid bargain are not used its still extremely effective. I think its better when explosive shell expert would only work with weapons found on the map.

Speedy G

Cost: 7 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

Speedy G is a low level kickback and you probably use it when you just started a legacy because at later levels you have more useful kickbacks. But the RPG is still better. Its useful for getting stealth kills and so to level up cloacked but I never saw any reason except that to use it.

Explosives

Cost: 7 Medals Duration: Instant

Explosives gives you 2 grenades. Even if you don’t have slots available. Again a low level kickback and again I never saw much reason to use it, The rpg does a lot more damage than grenades. You could use it to get the "Frag 'em" medal but Quickboom, Mega bomb and Cluster bomb are probably better for that.

Smoke bomb

Smoke bomb makes you teleport to a random spot in the map. A useful kickback for getting kill streaks as it can save you from deaths, But it fails often and you will still die after you teleported.

Militia Man

Cost: 7 Medals Duration: 30 seconds

Militia Man gives you an unlimited clip size for 30 seconds. It also makes you shoot the sas-12 faster. Its pretty useless in my opinion because if you got reload speed or clipsize on your weapon you never got much trouble with reloading anyway. Its only useful when your using a power weapon with a small clip like the pistole and RPG. I think its months ago since I last saw someone using it.

Cursed Idol

Cursed Idol gives you a gas-spraying idol, everyone caught in the gas will be unable to see the difference between enemies and team mates and they also got friendly fire on so they can kill their own team. But if they kill someone of their own team the kill doesn't go to the team that threw the idol. This makes it pretty useless for winning games. The only thing it is good for is cleaning out small area's of enemies like hills in Team Objective. I would suggest that if the enemy team kills eachother that for every kill the team that threw it gets a kill.

Quickboom:

Cost: 10 Medals Duration: 15 seconds

Quickboom makes all the grenades you throw explode when they hit something. Just like rpg rockets and they only have a little smaller range. Now the duration time is lowered to 15 seconds using Dare Devil with it makes it no longer overpowered because there is no time to taunt. But its still very powerful if its used in combination with explosive expert or/and paid explosive expert. When the kickback is activated you also get another grenade even if you don't have a slot left. This makes you able to throw 4-5 Quickbooms in a row and that is too much if you ask me.

Cash 'em in

Cost: 4 Medals Duration: 30 seconds

Cash 'em in is the cheapest kickbacks at all and its too cheap if you ask me. It gives a lot of cash but unlike negative boosters it doesn't give you a disadvantage. Besides of that its not good for the team. It doesn't give the team kills like other kickbacks and neither does it save the team deaths like smoke bomb does. When its used in combination with bargain the cost is only 2 medals and when both bargain and paid bargain are used you can have Cash 'em in at only 1 medal.

Sniper

Cost: 10 Medals Duration: Instant

The T-bolt sniper is a useful kickback that can give you 5 kills when your aim is good. But when enemies come close you can lose it easily. That makes it balanced although it is along with quickboom the kickback that can give you the most kills. But unlike quickboom you don't need to spent (paid)booster slots to get 5 kills. The fact that its not that good at close range makes it balanced in my opinion.

Disruption

Cost: 7 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

With this kickback enemies can't see player arrows so they don't know if someone is an enemy or an ally. But unlike cursed idol they don't get friendly fire on so they can't kill their team. Cloacked level 3 also makes you immune for it. There are also some hats that make you immune for it. This makes it a pretty bad kickback.

Shottie

Cost: 12 Medals Duration: Instant

This kickback gives you a sawed off shotgun with 6 ammo. Now the cost has been set to 12 and the blindifre accuracy while in the air has been nerfed its not that good as it was. But still it's a decent kickback for close range fights and pretty useful in Team Objective.

Carpet bomb

The next time you throw a nade you will throw 3 at once. Thats nice since the enemy can't throw them all back and will likely die. But its the worst of the 3 kickback grenades and the Cluster and Mega bomb are a lot more powerful.

Gotcha

Cost: 9 Medals Duration: 30 seconds

Also known as "Super Situational Awareness" it gives you 30 seconds long SA with unlimited range so you can see every enemy in the map. It might be useful but cloacked at any level will make you immune for it.

Cluster Bomb

The cluster bomb is a very useful grenade that explodes in to multiple grenades. The first grenade detonates like a normal grenade but the grenades that come out the original grenade are quickbooms that explode on contact. Using team safe is recommended as it kills your team mates commonly. Team safe level 2 or 3 is advised because team safe level 1 makes you do half damage on your team. But when they catch 2 or 3 grenades they will still die. It gives the enemy more time to run away than a mega bomb does, But unlike the mega bomb the nades jump over obstacle's that would block a mega bombs way.

Hammer Time

Cost: 12 medals Duration: Instant

It costs only 2 medals more than a RPG but gives you enough ammo to kill 2 enemies instead of one. But the Hammer has a smaller range than the rpg. I would still pick it over the rpg. But again the problem with hammer time is that its ammo is increased by Explosive Shell Expert. At level 1 you get 5 ammo and at level 3 you get 6. And that is again 1 whole kill more.

Juggernaut

Cost: 14 medals Duration: 15 seconds

Juggernaut gives you 400% health for 15 seconds. But it makes you move very slow. Its one of the most expensive kickbacks costing 14 medals and its duration is short. You also can't blindfire when its active. I play a lot of Uncharted and I play since the beta and I must say that I haven't seen the kickback 20 times yet. It might be useful to clean out hills in Team Objective and its also a decent way to clear out the "camp stairs" in LU. But I don't see much other use for it.

Mega Bomb

The Mega Bomb is a grenade with a very large radius. If its thrown to an enemy and the grenade is at his feet he needs to throw it back. Its impossible to run away from but it is possible to take cover to block it. Using team safe is again recommended because team kills with it are not uncommon. Team safe level 1 is fine because it does just as much damage as a normal grenade. Because it gives enemies less time to run away than a Cluster bomb I thing its more useful than a Cluster. Its good for using every where but especially for cleaing camp spots and Team Objective hills. Make sure to use the "Bank and Boom" trick because enemies might throw it back if you don't.

Creepy Crawlers

Cost: 14 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

Creepy Crawlers makes you transform into a group of spider eating everything in their way. It doesn't take much time to take someone down. The spiders die if they get hit by an explosive. They can jump but they can't climb. They also kill team mates and I'm not sure if team safe helps for that since its not an explosive. This and the high cost make it a pretty bad kickback.

Coop Kickbacks:

Sniper

The basic kickback for coop. The T-bolt is a pretty useful kickback. Its stong making it useful against armoured enemies and kickback enemies.

Speedy G

Cost: 3 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

The only purpose of this kickback in coop would be to quickly go to team mates that need help or to flee from enemies. Besides of that its pretty useless.

Militia Man

Cost: 5 Medals Duration: 30 Seconds

The same as for competitive. Again a very useless kickback.

Riot Shield

Cost: 4 medals Duration: Instant

Because of its cheap cost you can activate it very often. And its useful when you are in trouble. However the riot shield is pretty weak and a Shotgunner will destroy it in 1 shot. Its also nice to bring pak - 80's to roofs and pass check points with them. But in my opinion this would have been a lot more useful in competitive.

Quickboom

Cost: 5 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

Since enemies don't run away from your grenades this is the most useless kickbacks of all in Adventure and Arena. It gives you 1 grenade but the Grenades kickback give you 2. Its only good for Shade Survival and Coop Hunter since the shade guys can't teleport away when there is a nade next to them like they normally would. And the players in coop Hunter can't run either or throw it back.

Shottie

Cost: 6 medals Duration: Instant

Its the same as in competitive but a lot less useful here. Unarmoured enemies will die in 1 shot but it barely does any damage to armoured, kickback and brute enemies.

Explosives

Gives you 2 grenades. Its not the best kickback but its helpful if you want to get Mad Bomber medals.

Team Medic

One of the more useful kickbacks. It says "Heal yourself and nearby teammates" but in fact it heals everyone no matter where they are. It also revives your team if they are downed. A bad thing about it is that you can't activate it when your downed. Which would be nice if you could. But for some reason you can if you die in mid-air. 

Carpet bomb

Exactly the same as competitive, And again its not that helpful.

Juggernaut

Cost: 9 Medals Duration: 20 seconds

Unlike in competitive its actually a good kickback here. Its a little longer, a lot cheaper and it doesn't give you 400% health but unlimited health. You can't die by anything which makes it useful for reviving teammates without trouble. You still are slower and that can cause the problem that you can get stuck on an armoured enemy since he keeps punching you and you can't get away because you are simply too slow. You can melee them but when his helm is still on you might be stuck for as long as the kickback takes.

Mega bomb

Cost: 8 Medals Duration: Instant

Unlike in competitive its not even near as useful as its brother the cluster bomb. It still has a big range and it still does as much damage as a normal grenade. You will kill all unarmoured enemies but the armoured, kickback and brute enemies won't have a scratch.

Army of three

Cost: 10 medals Duration: 30 seconds

Army of three makes you and all your teammates in 10m range do double damage. A very good kickback that is useful for killing stong enemies. It also is useful in siege because there your team is close to you so all members. If one of your teammates uses Protector at the same time you can use the "purple combo" and become unstoppable for 30 seconds.

Cluster Bomb

Cost: 8 medals Duration: Instant

This is one of best coop kickbacks. It does a lot of damage and can take out a group of enemies quickly. Because the nades that come out all explode on contact you can aim it between an enemies feet and all the nades will explode right away. This "Cluster to the feet" tactic can take out any enemy. Even a Brute on Crushing difficulty won't survive it.

Protector:

Cost: 9 Medals Duration: 30 seconds

The same as Army of three but this gives you double health instead of double damage. Useful when you are in trouble, need to rescue a teammate or when there is a Brute shooting at you in siege. If one of your teammates uses Army of three at the same time you can use the "purple combo" and become unstoppable for 30 seconds.

So I don't think any kickback needs nerfing right now, But some kickback/booster combinations are a little strong. And there are just too much useless kickbacks.

Message 1 of 8 (182 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Kickbacks

Aug 29, 2012
Dude this is basically asking for kudos. If people want to know about kickbacks, then they would press "square" then press "x" then scroll down 4 times and look at each individual kickback. We don't need a thread for this. This thread is like ND making Nathan Drake unlockable for $1.00 when he is unlocked in the first place.....
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 2 of 8 (167 Views)
Fender Bender
3796 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Smoke bomb

Smoke bomb makes you teleport to a random spot in the map. A useful kickback for getting kill streaks as it can save you from deaths, But it fails often and you will still die after you teleported.

Actually it teleports you to the spot where you spawned. Someone tested this some time ago. Smiley Happy

Unless it's been changed that is.

Message 3 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2012
None of the kickbacks is OP. however, they only get annoying when you get a lot of medals while using the kickback. So let's say you used mega bomb and killed 4 enemies, you will get many medals and those will stack and you will instantly get like another Mega Bomb. The only thing I would change is that medals while using kickbacks don't stack for the next kickback.
Smokebomb needs a fix ASAP
Message 4 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I'm not saying it is OP, but QB is SO . KNUCKING . ANNOYING.

I hate QB with every ounce of my body. I'm even almost fine now with having someone spawn an RPG and blast me to death. But QB is bleeeeeeeuuurghh.

Do you feel me?

Message 5 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2379 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Smoke bomb

Actually it teleports you to the spot where you spawned. Someone tested this some time ago. Smiley Happy

Unless it's been changed that is.

I think they changed it, I used it recently but it didn't teleport me back to where I spawned. I will test it later.

Message 6 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2379 posts

Aug 29, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
Dude this is basically asking for kudos. If people want to know about kickbacks, then they would press "square" then press "x" then scroll down 4 times and look at each individual kickback. We don't need a thread for this. This thread is like ND making Nathan Drake unlockable for $1.00 when he is unlocked in the first place.....

Its about how to use them and what kickbacks are useless and what might be better choices, and in what situations they are useful. Not just listing them all without opinion. And if I needed kudos so badly(which you obviously care a lot more about than I do) than I would just have made a "Nerf this and support with kudos thread", Or I would just have made a troll thread and make 5 other accounts to kudo me ^^

Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Better than a spam thread, I suppose.
Message 8 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes