Fender Bender
3476 posts

Re: Keep the connection-scum out of my matches!

Mar 12, 2013
Do you ever wonder why you see so many of these super laggers? Look at their stats. 75k kills 20k deaths. They keep playing because they keep doing well. The lag benefits the lagger. Whether they realize it or not, this game gives the slower connected, third world country players a big advantage in health and damage. They keep winning and going 20-5 every match, so why quit? If they went to another game (which they probably have tried) they would not be successful. They just come running back to good old lagger friendly Uncharted.

How often do Mexican/South American/KSA players ruin your fun on CoD, Killzone, Crysis 3, BF3, Tomb Raider, etc? For me its really rare to see them on my other favorite games.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

I'm not talking about the usual crap that you see in this game like every day. Getting punched from a few feet away or taking a bullet after you took cover is bad but not the problem I'm talking about here.

What I am talking about are heavy big-time laggers with a delay of multiple seconds. I was killed by someone who was dead for at least 8-10 seconds today. All of a sudden I died and it showed his body. I want these guys out of the game. I never said anything about lag compensation and all that stuff...

Just let the extreme laggers play against each other so the rest of us doesn't have to deal with even more than the usual crap that is pretty much the standard in Uncharted online matches. Lag will not go away but you can do something about those with connections that are simply too bad.

I understand that both Sony and ND want them as costumers, but keep them out of our matches. It doesn't matter if they have to wait a bit longer for their matches then. These players should be happy that they are allowed to play online at all :robotmad:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (210 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Mar 13, 2013
^^ amen brotha!!

He speaks the truth :smileysurprised:

This game has so many pathetic decisions still f***ing up the joy many try to have when entering any lobby now. Why do they get unfair perks when the rest with good connections have to bend over for them -_-

This is complete crap. Let those laggers play each other IDC :smileysurprised:
The player pool will never get bigger until they finally man up and fix this mess. Lag, blindfire, party splits, matchmaking,......omg
Still the norm till this very minute...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Mar 13, 2013

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

I'm not talking about the usual crap that you see in this game like every day. Getting punched from a few feet away or taking a bullet after you took cover is bad but not the problem I'm talking about here.

What I am talking about are heavy big-time laggers with a delay of multiple seconds. I was killed by someone who was dead for at least 8-10 seconds today. All of a sudden I died and it showed his body. I want these guys out of the game. I never said anything about lag compensation and all that stuff...

Just let the extreme laggers play against each other so the rest of us doesn't have to deal with even more than the usual crap that is pretty much the standard in Uncharted online matches. Lag will not go away but you can do something about those with connections that are simply too bad.

I understand that both Sony and ND want them as costumers, but keep them out of our matches. It doesn't matter if they have to wait a bit longer for their matches then. These players should be happy that they are allowed to play online at all :robotmad:

Extreme laggers should be kicked.

Whitepluggers like me (people who lag but can't move so it's pretty much a free kill for the other team. JUST GREAT.) should be allowed to leave the game without a loss.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (201 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Fair enough.  To me though, it's all just degress of the same problem.  If ND can fix it, then absolutely - though I have my doubts they can or will for UC3...hopefully the next.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I don't know why but I run into the most extreme laggers regularly now, at least in Team Objective. I know this list has less players, but what I see there is horrible.

So many people with good connections get removed for no real reason but these unworthy idiots with delays of two seconds and more stay in a match without any problems. How? Why?

If they freeze completely and can't do anything it's not so bad, but those who get ridiculous and undeserved kills with this crap are the real problem. Keep them away from me!

Even in Uncharted 2 these people would be kicked out of the match. Why not in this one?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (143 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

I have only recently decided to dust off my U3 disk and play a few rounds after being away for a while.

This game has got even worse.

I dont have the faintest f'ing clue why the monkeys at ND inc feel that an adequate connection match for me is playing against

Argentinians.

With my upgraded 50mb connection Uncharted 3 is a joke.

Last night I played where a guy took 6 hit markers form my Ak with acc mod, I threw a grenade, watched him throw it away and then I continued shooting to get 4 more markers. Then he turned and insta killed me with his M9.

It's a joke.

My opinion is ND can take their tickets, colors, stat hats, their block mesh maps and shove them right up their ***.

They cant fix anything on this game, so they give you **** that no body wants. They do this to make it look like they are doing some thing.

You know what they are doing,  they are sitting back laughing their ***'s off with people buying crap they can earn playing the game.

Honestly,  if any of ND development team  comes to the forums its only  to laugh about the people complaining about things that should have been fixed a freaking year and a half ago. " Like dude lol people are still playing,  lets F some thing else up and see if the stick around"!

I love the *** hats on this forum that will sniff the behind of the Nd devs for any turd they happen to crap out.

"" nobody supports games like ND""""

""" no company does dlc this far from release"""

""" no company listens to their fan base like ND'''''

If any of the underlined sounds true to you, YOU NEED TO TRY ANOTHER ******* GAME.

YES OTHER COMPANIES DO!!

Many of the actually FIX the issues.

Nd goofed making U2. They goofed actually making that game a good game.

This is the company that made ******* crash bandicoot for **** sakes.

Stop giving them credit for any thing, they goofed and only goofed.

U3 is a ****** train wreck.

I was thinking with all fee to slay I mean free to play crap I would atleast run into people from my own country.

NOPE......... appearently Brazil, Chile, Peru and Argentina are MY region.

ND if you want to do some thing other than eating bananas and scratching your ***'s, make U2 free to play.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 19, 2013

ND needs to stop being so **bleep** cheap and put their multiplayer games on dedicated servers. Don't they know that more people would stick around and play their game if it was actually fair and didn't favor laggy South Americans. That's more people that have the potential to buy their lame DLC micrtransactions. It will be interesting to see if ND has finally learned their lesson or if they continue to screw over their customers with the disastrous peer to peer connections in future games. UC2 & especially UC3 proves that a peer to peer connection does not work (unless you live in South America, then it works spectacularly).

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (114 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

Dedicated servers will only fix the problem if they are properly managed.

I have had a server on BF3 for nearly a year.
I let it die (didn't renew the lease) 3 days ago.
I am sick and tired of kicking and banning players and getting
constant whinny hate mail because we choose to keep ANY one
from out side the east coast U.S from playing on it.

It runs perfect with out Mexico, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Peru, Chile, and Argentina being on it.

They join servers out side their respective regions because they KNOW they lag like hell.
It still gives them an advantage because lag compensation is still present on dedicated servers.

If I go to a Europe server and play I RAPE players. They simply can't hit me.
Its not because of skill, or talent, or I have better aim. Its because the lag compensation is
working for me and against them.

I have done this only to test it out. I play on U.S servers only.
They are now becoming so riddled with south American players that admins out right ban
any of them.
Dice doesn't have the balls to region block although their entire community has asked for it.

Dedicated servers work great when they are managed and played only by the people of the region they are in.
I dont think ND has the intelligence to run them.
They aren't even capable of fixing minor glitches in their game.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I think the best case scenario would be for ND to use dedicated servers and then outsource the managment of them because I don't trust that ND could properly manage them either. Uncharted NEEDS region locking in the matchmaking. They may argue it will then take longer to find matches but I disagree. If it meant the game would finally be fair, I think the amount of players in North America would grow. Everyone one of my friends abandoned UC3 within 3 months of it's release. Why? South American laggers. If there was no lag, they'd still be playing today. ND's peer to peer matchmaking has chased away most of it's players in North America, there is no question about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (99 Views)