Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 12 2013
By: SN-A-A-A-KE Lombax Warrior 192 posts

Keep the connection-scum out of my matches!

[ Edited ]
27 replies 526 views Edited Mar 12, 2013

I can't take it anymore. Today all of my games had at least one player who teleported, froze, killed players multiple seconds after he died and all that **bleep** and it was always so **bleep** hard to kill these guys. They ruined all of these matches completely.

How the hell can such players even stay in the game? Why do you even put them in matches with us? They should be removed every single time. Hell I don't even want them to be put into a match with me at all.

Get this sc*m out of my matches. Keep them away from me. Call it ignorance or whatever, but these people shouldn't have a right to play with us. Sometimes you're just unlucky and so should they be when it comes to online gaming.

I remember that certain games were released up to half a year later in many european countries than they were in the US/Japan (some Metal Gear Solids for example). What could I do about it? Nothing! Now they have to wait until they get an acceptable connection standard.

Yes this is ignorant, yes this is a rant, but this is also my opinion now (after many fights with the connection-sc*m of the planet) and nothing can change this. My favourite line today was "get the f*** out of online gaming". But what I should have said was "ND improve the matchmaking drastically". I already dislike certain countries just because of Uncharted online. It's totally stupid but after all this time I just can't take any more of this **bleep**.

Sorry for the rant but I think everyone knows where I'm coming from. Enough Uncharted for a few days... :catmad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (526 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: Keep the connection-scum out of my matches!

Mar 12, 2013

I love when a guy with "Wesker" in his PSN ID has the trademark UC3 teleporting punch ability...

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

I can't take it anymore. Today all of my games had at least one player who teleported, froze, killed players multiple seconds after he died and all the **bleep** and it was always so **bleep** hard to kill these guys. They ruined all of these matches completely.

How the hell can such players even stay in the game? Why do you even put them in matches with us? They should be removed every single time. Hell I don't even want them to be put into a match with me at all.

Get this scum out of my matches. Keep them away from me. Call it ignorance or whatever, but these people shouldn't have a right to play with us. Sometimes you're just unlucky and so should they be when it comes to online gaming.

I remember that MGS3 was released five months later in many european countries than it was in the US/Japan. What could I do about it? Nothing! Now they have to wait until they get an acceptable connection standard.

Yes this is ignorant, yes this is a rant, but that is also my opinion now (after many fights with the connection-sc*m of the planet) and nothing can change this. My favourite line today was "get the f*** out of online gaming". But what I should have said was "ND improve the matchmaking drastically". I already dislike certain countries just because of Uncharted online. It's totally stupid but after all this time I just can't take any more of this **bleep**.

Sorry for the rant but I think everyone knows where I'm coming from. Enough Uncharted for a few days... :catmad:

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

I love when a guy with "Wesker" in his PSN ID has the trademark UC3 teleporting punch ability...

A certain teleport-distance has already become the norm in this game.

Wesker? Maybe he thinks he's still playing RE5 mercenaries. Headshot - cobra strike - +5 seconds - repeat :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9984 posts

Mar 12, 2013

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

A certain teleport-distance has already become the norm in this game.

Wesker? Maybe he thinks he's still playing RE5 mercenaries. Headshot - cobra strike - +5 seconds - repeat :smileytongue:

Just be happy you weren't playing against some guy named deadpool who teleport punches THEN taunts.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Mar 12, 2013

I love the magnet-punch so much. Its like when they press the square button their charecter and mine are attracted to each other - there is no escape. But yes, the connection-scum are all over the place and I was dejected when I found out that I could connect to UC3 multiplayer AND play AND do well when connected to the hotspot my phone's 3G connection broadcasted.

Why!!! Why would you even let me connect? BF3 did not let me stay logged on for more than a minute and I hoped UC3 would never let me log on (I hoped) I just tried this out of curiosity and I was surprised that it actually worked.

Now I know how those guys do the things they do. Now I'm the iron and you are the magnet! :-/

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (479 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 12, 2013

On a general note, I found this link very informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNPK8XD-k4

My understanding is that what it boils down to is...that lag exists, no matter what.  The real issue is how the host server and game code resolves conflicts (generally, in favour of the slower connection).  Although, the link above is specific to MW3, the poster asserts that most (if not all) recent/modern shooters feature some method of lag compensation.  So either no compensation and those with good connection speed would have a tremendous advantage (small player pool) or those with a relatively slow connection speed get favoured (relatively larger player pool).

Since a larger player pool is better business, guess what?

Doesn't address your pain point but at this point, I think lag is a fact of life in this game - which is why I find coop multiplayer a lot less frustrating.  It still happens sometimes but never seems as bad and really, how angry can I get when losing to AI versus a real player - who I imagine laughing at me as he punches me from across the map. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Mar 12, 2013
What I want to know is, do the laggers know that they are lagging, like you say almost every game there is at least one person lagging ridiculously( normally with a predictable clan tag, I've never understood why they advertise lol) but I have has games when I appear to have quicker reactions than everyone else( unlikely) so I guess lag a little at times but I don't get the sense that its ridiculous but how would you know?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

From what they see on their screens, not necessarily.  They may/should know...particularly if they take the time to check their connection speed but sometimes not.  Lag switchers definitely know!

I have good internet but have sometimes "benefitted" from being teamed with someone who doesn't or is lagging.  Sometimes, it is more obvious than other times...like "I know I shouldn't have come out on top in that battle."  But those times, for me, are far outweighed by the times that I come out on the losing end...when you get the drop on someone, pump them full of bullets, punch twice and they punch you once from 10 feet away and win...something rotten there.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Mar 12, 2013
I fought a guy who would run around in shooting animation, but shot no bullets. Then all of a sudden all of his bullets appeared at once as if they went through a rift in time and killed me. This guy was racking up kills fast.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013
@captainproduce
Nice find!
It's funny how people here keep asking for lag compensation nerf or dedicated servers when they do NOT have any idea of what they are.
LOL
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (390 Views)
0 Likes