Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11297 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Nov 30, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!


Congrats.

Message 11 of 36 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/14/2010
Offline
2892 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Au10tic wrote:

connection modifications.. as in you lower your speed? Smiley Very Happythan that would explain why you doing better


Half-Duplex ethernet FTW!!!!!!!1111oneone Smiley LOL


Nah...No need to do that ever again.  This is legit!

 

Smiley Happy

 

Edit: I play a lot of FFA, so my only explanation is that I must be the Host more often.  I always start in the EXACT SAME spawn points in different maps, with different sets of randoms, so I can only explain that as being the Host more often.  The Host will always have an edge when it comes to the game...it is just the way it is.

 

2544133150[1].png

Message 12 of 36 (349 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 1, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Au10tic wrote:

connection modifications.. as in you lower your speed? Smiley Very Happythan that would explain why you doing better


Half-Duplex ethernet FTW!!!!!!!1111oneone Smiley LOL


Nah...No need to do that ever again.  This is legit!

 

Smiley Happy

 

Edit: I play a lot of FFA, so my only explanation is that I must be the Host more often.  I always start in the EXACT SAME spawn points in different maps, with different sets of randoms, so I can only explain that as being the Host more often.  The Host will always have an edge when it comes to the game...it is just the way it is.

 


Here's a protip if you want to know if you are the host or not: if you see yourself with 5 gray (not green) bars and no one else has 5 green bars, then you are the host.

Gray bars indicate your latency to the host's connection, so if you are the host, you have almost zero (<1ms) latency to yourself.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 13 of 36 (314 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7531 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 1, 2012
Yes thank you tap I am grey all the time in my matches even parties of 5 which is ridiculous
Sleep Matt signature
Message 14 of 36 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/14/2010
Offline
2892 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Au10tic wrote:

connection modifications.. as in you lower your speed? Smiley Very Happythan that would explain why you doing better


Half-Duplex ethernet FTW!!!!!!!1111oneone Smiley LOL


Nah...No need to do that ever again.  This is legit!

 

Smiley Happy

 

Edit: I play a lot of FFA, so my only explanation is that I must be the Host more often.  I always start in the EXACT SAME spawn points in different maps, with different sets of randoms, so I can only explain that as being the Host more often.  The Host will always have an edge when it comes to the game...it is just the way it is.

 


Here's a protip if you want to know if you are the host or not: if you see yourself with 5 gray (not green) bars and no one else has 5 green bars, then you are the host.

Gray bars indicate your latency to the host's connection, so if you are the host, you have almost zero (<1ms) latency to yourself.


Cool!

 

I also just learned that when you watch a Cinema file, the Host is the first player you see.  If it is you, then you were the Host!

 

2544133150[1].png

Message 15 of 36 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 1, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Au10tic wrote:

connection modifications.. as in you lower your speed? Smiley Very Happythan that would explain why you doing better


Half-Duplex ethernet FTW!!!!!!!1111oneone Smiley LOL


Nah...No need to do that ever again.  This is legit!

 

Smiley Happy

 

Edit: I play a lot of FFA, so my only explanation is that I must be the Host more often.  I always start in the EXACT SAME spawn points in different maps, with different sets of randoms, so I can only explain that as being the Host more often.  The Host will always have an edge when it comes to the game...it is just the way it is.

 


Here's a protip if you want to know if you are the host or not: if you see yourself with 5 gray (not green) bars and no one else has 5 green bars, then you are the host.

Gray bars indicate your latency to the host's connection, so if you are the host, you have almost zero (<1ms) latency to yourself.


Cool!

 

I also just learned that when you watch a Cinema file, the Host is the first player you see.  If it is you, then you were the Host!

 


I responded here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Lag-The-Host-Always-Has-The-Adv...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 16 of 36 (272 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 1, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:
Yes thank you tap I am grey all the time in my matches even parties of 5 which is ridiculous

Do you always have 5 gray bars?

Keep in mind that stacked parties are favoured by the host selection algorithm... the party leader almost always is the host, even if his/her connection is not the fastest. Unless they find another stacked party of 5...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 17 of 36 (271 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Ever since I made those final adjustments to my FiOS connection, my KDR has been steadily ON THE RISE in FFA matches.  I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!

 

Maybe I should try an old alternate account and see how good my average match KDR is...would be fun to see...

 

Funny how your connection is SO important in this game to your success in matches.

 

Anyone else feeling an oncoming rise in KDR, or constantly random success/failure?


I wonder why no one noticed how bad the math in this thread is Smiley Very Happy

he says he had consistently 200 kills more then deaths, that means the following:

 

1000 - 800, KDR of 1.25

1500 - 1300, KDR of 1.15

2000 - 1800, KDR of 1.11

 

so that is not consistent at all for his KDR, instead his KDR is dropping... Smiley Very Happy

 

now he says he has 300 kills more then deaths, ok, let's continue from last KDR: 1.11

2500 - 2200, KDR of 1.14 (which is expected of course a little higher, because of the sudden increase between kills and deaths, but watch what happens next...)

3000 - 2700, KDR of 1.11 (back where we started, right...)

3500 - 3200, KDR of 1.09 (ok, getting lower!)

 

Now it only depends on how fast he moves on to those 400 difference between kills and death, but that has to happen relatively quickly because else his KDR drops faster than it rises, but because he hasn't given us any information on how fast that difference between kills and deaths rises, we have no idea whether his KDR drops, rises or stays the same.

 

this wall of text maybe is kinda confusing, so let's compare it to another imaginary user:

this user has 10000 kills and 5000 deaths, a KDR of 2.0 to be precise, now imagine he has 30000 kills and 20000 deaths, he has more then 10000 kills than deaths instead of 5000 more, how amazing!Smiley Surprised

No, it is not, in fact, his KDR moved from 2.0 to 1.5, great job indeed! Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 36 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17641 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I wonder why no one noticed how bad the math in this thread is Smiley Very Happy

he says he had consistently 200 kills more then deaths, that means the following:

 


It's obvious he's talking SPREAD, not KDR, but used kdr as his term.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 19 of 36 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/14/2010
Offline
2892 posts
 

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 2, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Ever since I made those final adjustments to my FiOS connection, my KDR has been steadily ON THE RISE in FFA matches.  I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!

 

Maybe I should try an old alternate account and see how good my average match KDR is...would be fun to see...

 

Funny how your connection is SO important in this game to your success in matches.

 

Anyone else feeling an oncoming rise in KDR, or constantly random success/failure?


I wonder why no one noticed how bad the math in this thread is Smiley Very Happy

he says he had consistently 200 kills more then deaths, that means the following:

 

1000 - 800, KDR of 1.25

1500 - 1300, KDR of 1.15

2000 - 1800, KDR of 1.11

 

so that is not consistent at all for his KDR, instead his KDR is dropping... Smiley Very Happy

 

now he says he has 300 kills more then deaths, ok, let's continue from last KDR: 1.11

2500 - 2200, KDR of 1.14 (which is expected of course a little higher, because of the sudden increase between kills and deaths, but watch what happens next...)

3000 - 2700, KDR of 1.11 (back where we started, right...)

3500 - 3200, KDR of 1.09 (ok, getting lower!)

 

Now it only depends on how fast he moves on to those 400 difference between kills and death, but that has to happen relatively quickly because else his KDR drops faster than it rises, but because he hasn't given us any information on how fast that difference between kills and deaths rises, we have no idea whether his KDR drops, rises or stays the same.

 

this wall of text maybe is kinda confusing, so let's compare it to another imaginary user:

this user has 10000 kills and 5000 deaths, a KDR of 2.0 to be precise, now imagine he has 30000 kills and 20000 deaths, he has more then 10000 kills than deaths instead of 5000 more, how amazing!Smiley Surprised

No, it is not, in fact, his KDR moved from 2.0 to 1.5, great job indeed! Smiley Tongue


Nice to see you spent so much time on this rubbish.

 

My KDR was consistently 1.0 and varied with some 100 more kills than deaths for some time -- it went above and below 100 but effectively stayed at 1.0 for matches. 

 

Since I made those changes to my connection settings, I have upped the more kills than deaths now to 357 (7053 Kills/6696 Deaths) on Leaderboard, and 346 (7114 Kills/6768) on Statistics.

 

The point is that I have increased my Kill overage by over 200 since I made those changes.  I am consistently in FFA matches where I am first, second, or third place now.  Something is different!  My match KDR is like 15/5, 8/1, etc.  It is only a matter of time before that is reflected in my overall KDR.

 

Why is my KDR on the Rise?!?!  Did I all of a sudden get better?  Or is it related to connection???

 

 

 

2544133150[1].png

Message 20 of 36 (219 Views)
Reply
0 Likes