Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Ever since I made those final adjustments to my FiOS connection, my KDR has been steadily ON THE RISE in FFA matches.  I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!

Maybe I should try an old alternate account and see how good my average match KDR is...would be fun to see...

Funny how your connection is SO important in this game to your success in matches.

Anyone else feeling an oncoming rise in KDR, or constantly random success/failure?

I wonder why no one noticed how bad the math in this thread is :smileyvery-happy:

he says he had consistently 200 kills more then deaths, that means the following:

1000 - 800, KDR of 1.25

1500 - 1300, KDR of 1.15

2000 - 1800, KDR of 1.11

so that is not consistent at all for his KDR, instead his KDR is dropping... :smileyvery-happy:

now he says he has 300 kills more then deaths, ok, let's continue from last KDR: 1.11

2500 - 2200, KDR of 1.14 (which is expected of course a little higher, because of the sudden increase between kills and deaths, but watch what happens next...)

3000 - 2700, KDR of 1.11 (back where we started, right...)

3500 - 3200, KDR of 1.09 (ok, getting lower!)

Now it only depends on how fast he moves on to those 400 difference between kills and death, but that has to happen relatively quickly because else his KDR drops faster than it rises, but because he hasn't given us any information on how fast that difference between kills and deaths rises, we have no idea whether his KDR drops, rises or stays the same.

this wall of text maybe is kinda confusing, so let's compare it to another imaginary user:

this user has 10000 kills and 5000 deaths, a KDR of 2.0 to be precise, now imagine he has 30000 kills and 20000 deaths, he has more then 10000 kills than deaths instead of 5000 more, how amazing!:smileysurprised:

No, it is not, in fact, his KDR moved from 2.0 to 1.5, great job indeed! :smileytongue:

Nice to see you spent so much time on this rubbish.

My KDR was consistently 1.0 and varied with some 100 more kills than deaths for some time -- it went above and below 100 but effectively stayed at 1.0 for matches.

oh, you dummy, it stayed 1.0 of course because the game isn't going to tell you that your KDR changed from 1.009 into 1.006! it wasn't consistent, the change was only that small that the game didn't show you because else you have a **bleep**load of numbers flying over your screen, so no it's not consistent...

do you actually know what KDR means? it's a number that is created getting your kills devided by deaths, so if your 1.0 would exactly be 1.0, then your have to have the same amount of kills as deaths, which obviously isn't the case because you stated you had 100 more kills each time...

And who says that I wasted my time? I choose how to waste my time, and I want you to use proper math. Some people are grammar nazi's, I'm a math nazi, deal with it :smileytongue:

And I give you an F.  You did the Math wrong.  Re-read the word problem.

Since I posted that, my KDR has gone from 1.0533 to 1.0546.  That is in large part because my matches lately have been 2.0 to 3.0 KDRs, with some 1.0s mixed in on average.  The point is, the average match KDR has gone up...that is the Math I am discussing here.

I don't care what the problem is, the math I did was not wrong, you just fail to explain what you mean, besides I never said that your KDR wasn't going up, I just said that you can't judge if your KDR is going down, up or nothing at all on the increase in kills, because you have to look at the increase in deaths too.

Lolz at 'that is the math I am discussing here': you can't discuss math, math is fact, not subjective, please don't insult math for not being the truth.

@ TheStuntDouble:

I don't hate him, why should I, ok he's a blindfire noob with poor math skills, but that doesn't mean that I hate him, I just try to help him out, he makes himself look stupid: first he thinks blindfire is a good tactic and is honoured that he uses it, and then he thinks his KDR is getting better because of a bigger difference between kills and deaths, which you just couldn't say, I'm just trying to help him :smileyhappy:

The funny thing is that you fail to understand the mathematical truth at this time.

Increasing the number of Kills over Deaths is EXACTLY how you increase your KDR.

you really don't understand do you, let's show you with an example:

Player X has 1800 kills and 1200 deaths, that's 600 kills more than deaths, and a KDR of 1.5 (agreed?)

After a while Player X has for instance 2700 kills and 2000 deaths, that is 700 kills more than deaths, still follow me? (good)

because you say in bold that when the number of kills over deaths increases, your KDR increases as well, but that is not true! Because 2700 kills and 2000 deaths gives you a KDR of 1.35. So while you increased the number of kills over deaths (from 600 to 700), your KDR dropped from 1.5 to 1.35! Hooray...

I assume you are now very consufed, so let me explain you what does increase your KDR, you improve your KDR by getting a higher KDR in a certain match than your overall KDR is, so if my KDR is 1.7, I need to get 1.7 or a higher KDR in the next match to improve my KDR, you finally understand now?

You do not understand .  My KDR may be 1.05, but on average I am going 2.0 to 3.0 now.  Eventually that will up the overall KDR.

It is pretty basic.

The other reason your example is inaccurate is that I am not only killing more, but dying less!!!  So you need to account for that in your example.

Make the rate of death less, and the kill rate more, and you will see that what I am talking about is mathematically sound.

Notice in your examples above:

2500 - 2200, KDR of 1.14

3000 - 2700, KDR of 1.11

3500 - 3200, KDR of 1.09

Kills went up 500, then 500 again.  You also made Deaths go up by 500, then 500 again.  That would mean that my KDR in all of those new matches was 1.0, so OF COURSE a 1.14 KDR would start going down to a 1.0 KDR!  Sheesh!

IT AVERAGES OUT TO 1.0 in your examples. 

You need to think this through a little more.  What I describe in the OP is that since I made those changes to our Internet Connection, my current Match KDR has been -- on average -- 2.0 and 3.0, which again is causing my KDR to be on the RISE!

Here is the OP for reference -- read it carefully, and you will understand:

"Ever since I made those final adjustments to my FiOS connection, my KDR has been steadily ON THE RISE in FFA matches.  I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!"

Yes, great, good job at twisting words, all the things in red above this line are things you did not include in the OP, and if you still don't understand how this works, then go follow math classes, kthxbye

Message 31 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: KDR on the RISE!

Dec 2, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Silence is telling.  It is ok to be wrong, the question is whether you can swallow your pride and choose to learn from it.

Good match!

**bleep**. silence is telling he says xD sorry, I'm not onto the forums 24/7, seriously, get a life :/

Message 32 of 36 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2868 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

"Ever since I made those final adjustments to my FiOS connection, my KDR has been steadily ON THE RISE in FFA matches.  I was consistently 200 more kills than deaths in the past, but thanks to those connection changes...I am now 300 more kills than deaths and rising!"

Yes, great, good job at twisting words, all the things in red above this line are things you did not include in the OP, and if you still don't understand how this works, then go follow math classes, kthxbye

I didn't twist words.  That is what I wrote in the OP.  You read it wrong, and you read into it wrong.

You thought I said my average KDR is remaining 1.0 bringing me down, but I said my average KDR was on the rise.

It is adviseable to read the problem and thoroughly understand it before showing your work to get an answer in Math.

Pride is a tough thing too...

2544133150[1].png

Message 33 of 36 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Dec 2, 2012

My KDR has been rising to when I installed a new router (more bandwith becuase my Mom found out about Netflix). I used to go about 14-5 now I'm able to go 16-2 average. But I stopped for now just so I can play something refreshing and different.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 34 of 36 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Dec 3, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

I didn't twist words.  That is what I wrote in the OP.  You read it wrong, and you read into it wrong.

You thought I said my average KDR is remaining 1.0 bringing me down, but I said my average KDR was on the rise.

It is adviseable to read the problem and thoroughly understand it before showing your work to get an answer in Math.

I didn't read anything wrong, of course I understand what you meant to say, the problem is, you said it wrong, you made wrong conclusions and are bad at math, now stop trying to twist my words and saying stupid things like 'pride is a tough thing too', because you just fail at understanding why your KDR is rising, it's not because of the bigger difference in kills over deaths, but it is because your KDR in recent matches was higher then your overall KDR, now please stop being stupid, for your own sake... I am not going to reply after this one, so don't say stupid things like: silence says everything

have fun blindfiring your KDR to victory...

Message 35 of 36 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2868 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

I didn't read anything wrong, of course I understand what you meant to say, the problem is, you said it wrong, you made wrong conclusions and are bad at math, now stop trying to twist my words and saying stupid things like 'pride is a tough thing too', because you just fail at understanding why your KDR is rising, it's not because of the bigger difference in kills over deaths, but it is because your KDR in recent matches was higher then your overall KDR, now please stop being stupid, for your own sake... I am not going to reply after this one, so don't say stupid things like: silence says everything

have fun blindfiring your KDR to victory...

Yoda:

"I cannot teach him."

2544133150[1].png

Message 36 of 36 (88 Views)
0 Likes