Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 6, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
About the "ND sucks" threads: people seem to think that developing a game is easy. They think ND just opens a word document and types "fix it" and that it's done then. But a game with the possibilities of uncharted will always have bugs. If they want to fix the 360(uc2) or airwalk they can't fix it that easy because according to the scripts you should not be able to do them in the first place. And if they do try to fix them they have to be very careful. Because every thing they change can also break the entire high five animation or the cover movement. I've experimented with games(private servers, never hosted though) and for most things I tried to fix something else broke usually.

Programming is not an easy task, granted. Laziness and lack of communication should not be rewarded, though...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 31 of 38 (210 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2449 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 6, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
About the "ND sucks" threads: people seem to think that developing a game is easy. They think ND just opens a word document and types "fix it" and that it's done then. But a game with the possibilities of uncharted will always have bugs. If they want to fix the 360(uc2) or airwalk they can't fix it that easy because according to the scripts you should not be able to do them in the first place. And if they do try to fix them they have to be very careful. Because every thing they change can also break the entire high five animation or the cover movement. I've experimented with games(private servers, never hosted though) and for most things I tried to fix something else broke usually.

I don't even care if making a game is easy im the consumer so im expecting actual fixes in their MP (the technical issues that need to be fixed are fair share tbh). I have waited for so long and im finally getting annoyed. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 32 of 38 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
4129 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013
I don't care about any issues other than LAGGY match ups. Giving the poorly connected player the advantage makes no sense.
Message 33 of 38 (184 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013
I think after all the noobstomping everyone has been doing with the newbies, nobody should have been surprised they all ragequit and left us with the people before Xmas noobs.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 34 of 38 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013
@Tap (my quoting is still broken) Agreed, those can be better. And they should add "Death zones" to the maps. But removing a glitching technique is difficult. Same is for balancing things. They never can be sure something is balanced until it is in the game.
Message 35 of 38 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Tap (my quoting is still broken) Agreed, those can be better. And they should add "Death zones" to the maps. But removing a glitching technique is difficult. Same is for balancing things. They never can be sure something is balanced until it is in the game.

But after Uncharted 2, they should have know there were bound to be glitches in Uncharted 3, they could have added death zones on areas not meant to be accessed before the game released. I expected it to happen after I played the beta, once I saw the multiplayer gods getting kills..

 

For future projects they should keep in mind that death zones are part of the map too, just like spawnpoints are, and they didn't forget to add those.. ND is lazy. But I knew that once they released all uncharted 2 maps for uc3.. actually when playing uc2 but this isn't the right section for that. Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 38 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013
Too many Death zones can be a problem too, I remember that in Uncharted 2 you sometimes died randomly at some places. Or that one corner in Molten Ruins...
Message 37 of 38 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: Just take a vacation?

Jan 7, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
Too many Death zones can be a problem too, I remember that in Uncharted 2 you sometimes died randomly at some places. Or that one corner in Molten Ruins...

That was from broken walls that were later patched, that was one of the main issues that was thankfully fixed in 3 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 38 of 38 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes