Apr 29 2012
By: Eternal21 Fender Bender 3748 posts

Just Played Uncharted 2 Coop

41 replies 25 views Edited Apr 29, 2012

I have just played Uncharted 2 Coop, for the first time in 2 years.  We were trying to see if we can beat it on Crushing.  When I first started the game, I was immediately reminded of how much nicer the lobby screen looks in U2.  Especially the start screen with the out-of focus statues and birds in the background.  But that's where the positives end.

The actual gameplay was horrible.  The guns sound like crap.  The reticle looks like crap, and it's hard to tell what you're shooting at.  It's sort of just floating there.  The characters lack agility, and the lack of running is really noticeable.  Lack of auto-ammo pickup, which I initially used to hate in U3, is extremelly annoying.  You get very little visual feedback on when the armoured enemies are about to die.  We beat all Crushing maps with little difficulty, it's nowhere near as challenging as U3.  The whole experience left me wondering, how could I possibly enjoy plaing U2 in the first place.

I honestly don't get how anyone can insist U2 is better than U3.  I have no desire to ever play it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Just Played Uncharted 2 Coop

Apr 29, 2012

Yup yup, nostalgia plays with peoples memories of the previous installment.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Apr 29, 2012

I loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer, it was brilliant - but Uncharted 3 is definitely a heck of a lot more fun in just about every way.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

I have just played Uncharted 2 Coop, for the first time in 2 years.  We were trying to see if we can beat it on Crushing.  When I first started the game, I was immediately reminded of how much nicer the lobby screen looks in U2.  Especially the start screen with the out-of focus statues and birds in the background.  But that's where the positives end.

The actual gameplay was horrible.  The guns sound like crap.  The reticle looks like crap, and it's hard to tell what you're shooting at.  It's sort of just floating there.  The characters lack agility, and the lack of running is really noticeable.  Lack of auto-ammo pickup, which I initially used to hate in U3, is extremelly annoying.  You get very little visual feedback on when the armoured enemies are about to die.  We beat all Crushing maps with little difficulty, it's nowhere near as challenging as U3.  The whole experience left me wondering, how could I possibly enjoy plaing U2 in the first place.

I honestly don't get how anyone can insist U2 is better than U3.  I have no desire to ever play it again.

If you are just comparing u2 co-op to U3 co-op, I prefer u2 co-op. Why? split modes in survival, the character animations are better. U3 looks better cos it is 2 years down the line. I used to play most co-op in U2, but I am so disappointed with it in U3, I barely touch it.As a game as a whole, U2 is better

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3702 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Do you still play U2 co-op? If yes, then add me. I'm up for some classic survival

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Apr 29, 2012

I never spent much time in co-op, so I can't say.

The competitive aspect is much better, or balanced I should say. Not to mention it looks worlds nicer.

In UC3, anybody ever notice how the trigger arm of your character is sticking out? It looks super unnatural and awkward. Why isn't it tucked in to the side of the body, like in UC2?

Ain't nothin' to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Aim Assit hoe lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Xdye7 wrote:

I never spent much time in co-op, so I can't say.

The competitive aspect is much better, or balanced I should say. Not to mention it looks worlds nicer.

In UC3, anybody ever notice how the trigger arm of your character is sticking out? It looks super unnatural and awkward. Why isn't it tucked in to the side of the body, like in UC2?

I spent 90% of my U2 time playing Deathmatch.  Competitive U2 was ruined by off the map glitchers.  I stopped playing U2, after ND refused to fix them.  Not to mention Situation Awareness.  Gunplay is definitely much more satisfying in U3 as well. 

And as far as little details - when you run next to a wall in U3, your character actually uses his hand to brush against it.  The only advantage U2 had, was separate animation for female characters.  Other than that it really has nothing on U3.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Nothin to say about the awkward arm position?

There are barely any glitchers left, they all moved on to U3.

I dunno, the AK-47 and FAL are much more fun to use in U2, compared to their U3 counterparts.

SA isn't that bad. Especially after playing U3.

Ain't nothin' to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Apr 29, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

Do you still play U2 co-op? If yes, then add me. I'm up for some classic survival

Done , havent touched U2 in a while, but will love to get back into it

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (25 Views)
0 Likes