Dec 19 2011
By: imasolger731 First Son 32 posts

James De Franco is the perfect lead for the Uncharted movie

20 replies 395 views Edited Dec 19, 2011

James De Franco would be perfect.  Who else agrees?  

Not only does he look ALOT more like Drake than Nathan Fillion, or Mark Whalberg, he would also pull the role off much better for the Uncharted movie.  Especially after his work in the Spiderman trilogy and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  

Hell, he could actually be a character in the next Uncharted games.  

Message 1 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

I don't agree necessarily, although there ARE worse choic...

Dec 19, 2011

I don't agree necessarily, although there ARE worse choices out there.  *cough*, Marky-Mark, *cough* lol

Message 2 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

um Nolan North? Tintin is a perfect example on how the Un...

Dec 19, 2011

um Nolan North? Tintin is a perfect example on how the Uncharted movie should work.

Message 3 of 21 (395 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Nah James Franco tends to kinda just play James Franco an...

Dec 20, 2011

Nah James Franco tends to kinda just play James Franco and that isn't anything like Nate...

Message 4 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: James De Franco is the perfect lead for the Uncharted movie

Dec 21, 2011

James Franco is one of my favorite actors!

If Nolan North weren't Drake in the movie, then I'd be perfectly content with Franco.

Although I've never seen him in a role similar to Drake's, he does seem like he can pull off the "Comic relief in serious situations" type acting. Anyone ever seen 127 hours? Think what you will of the movie itself, but Franco was a great lead and had a similar personality to Drake. Think about it: adventurous, funny, likeable personality, optimistic, always wants to keep going, and most of all can still joke around while in a serious sitation just like Drake.

Maybe I'm just blabbing on trying to justify this because I love Franco (no hom0) but I think it could work.

Message 5 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 22, 2011

He's a great actor and all but, I don't see him as Drake.

ƃıs ʎɯ sı sıɥʇ
Message 6 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Dec 22, 2011

I with stupid, He's a good actor but he doesn't look like Drake... Just let Nolan play Drake.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 7 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 22, 2011

What does everyone think of Jeffrey Donovan?

I think if they are going for an older drake, like from Uncharted 3, that Jeffrey Donovan could carry the role, on acting alone (even if he looks less physically like Drake than DeFranco does).

He plays Michael Wesson on Burn Notice, for those who dont know.

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/5/57/BurnNotice_Donovan.jpg

Message 8 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 22, 2011

The guy the would be the best part in a uncharted movie if there ever were to be one would be David Boreanaz.. he plays.. "Booth" on the series booth..

he looks just like the character of drake.

Message 9 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 24, 2011

James Franco? I really don't see the drake in him... who could possibly nail the action hero thing, the voice, the universal appeal and the smart ass comedic chops of Drake? besides Nolan North? The ultimate choice is Hollywood heavyweight Bradley Cooper, it's as if he was born for the role:

I saw Nathan Fillion on a film Serenity the other day as well as snippets from Castle and I don't see what the fuss is all about. The dream choice for Drake isn't Fillion, it's Nolan North... he is Drake, but knowing Hollywood; Cooper is the perfect candidate. Plus the film process should be a happy one, Neil Burger directed Bradley in the critically acclaimed Limitless: "Neil Burger directs Limitless with plenty of visual panache, and Bradley Cooper makes for a charismatic star."

What do you think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 10 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes