I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Re: Issues being looked at on Patch 1.13

Aug 9, 2012

I've got an issue to report, and I don't know where to submit it, so I'll just post it here while someone from Naughty Dog is online.

The scope zoom mod on my Eddy's AK-47 is broken. When I press X while aiming, it zooms in like any other AK-47. I even tested it side by side with a vanilla AK-47 so don't say it's placebo.

My guess for the cause of this bug is the "scope zoom" attribute added to a few of the hats. If the scope zoom mechanic was modified to allow for this hat's stats, then it might have accidentally been messed up on Eddy's AK-47. Please look into this, Naughty Dog.

TF3:HWS
Message 161 of 280 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

Updating the OP on what we're focusing on right now:

Highest Priority

• Previously purchased characters and Emblems being locked for Legacy players
  • Djinn/Guerro not having voiceovers
  • Wins/Losses counting in Lab playlist
  • Tournament Tickets not available for purchase for EU/UK
  • Chloe Frazer's hair shading

Resolved Issues

• Redshirt Drake being locked for Subway Beta participants that unlocked him
  • Golden Abyss Drake/Guerro skins are now free for everyone
  • Cloaked incorrectly appearing as a head part stat

There will be a blog post coming this afternoon from Eric with more info. Thanks for all your help in reporting issues! 

Regards,

EvangM

Thanks for checking Chloe's hair, Evan! Smiley Happy

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 162 of 280 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4884 posts

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:
We're fine with how it is, otherwise we would not have done it, and will be gathering more data from how players are reacting to changes over the coming weeks and months. That's where it stands.

Thing is, testing it internally is different than publicly. It is being torn apart from short range by the automatics, and it is useless from long range. Please explain how are you fine with that. :/

Message 163 of 280 (326 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Lag has become so much more apparent with this patch to where its almost unplayable in most situations.  The M9 (non RoF) has never turned my screen grey so fast to where I cant even react.  It feels like I constantly have invalid on in every match.  Nades are nukes now and RPG dust can kill me.  The most ridiculous things have been happening since this patch in majoirty of the games me and my friends play. 

Message 164 of 280 (312 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

somebody already mentioned the G-MAL problems.   don't get me wrong, not complaining that it was nerfed.  it needed it.  it was nerfed a tad too much.

It's almost like aim assist was completely removed from the gun.   There needs to be a little to allow smooth movement of your reticle over the target.  If you're going to completely remove aim assist (which it feels like you have), you need to remove it for all weapons simultaneously.  Up the aim assist on the G-MAL by small increments until it gets balanced because right now, it's completely inferior to every other gun in the game.   At a distance your reticle just jumps all over the place.  As you fight the recoil, the reticle zooms past your enemy as you correct.   Up close this game has once again become blindfirepalooza.  Everybody is now using M9s and even the KAL-7 is making a comeback.  The ol' zig zag blindfire is once again the most used tactic in this game.   What can we expect though when you take away a gun's stopping power, give it less aim assist than every other weapon and increase it's recoil.  c'mon NDI, you should have known that nerfing all three of those would result in an R1 fest.  For those with enough pride not to zig zag blindfire, they just lock on with the M9 and fleet foot letting their aim assist do the work while your reticle bounces past them while you shoot due to almost non-existant aim assist on your gun.

Totally and wholeheartedly agreed. Please look into this, ND!

We're fine with how it is, otherwise we would not have done it, and will be gathering more data from how players are reacting to changes over the coming weeks and months. That's where it stands.

Okay I get why the G-MAL got a nerf in competiitve modes but why did it get the nerf for co-op as well?

Message 165 of 280 (292 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Yeah I actually have about the same amount of points and I don't have one either. I looked in the leaderboards and some people have them though.

Message 166 of 280 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Are you kidding me man!! You are fine with it, you must not use the Gmal or play the game online at all. Maybe you just play Co-Op Arena or something. First it was the stopping power and all I get is people running thru my shots with their M9, AK, or Micro and melee kill me. Now, I can't even hit people mid/long range even they are moving at all. I am trying to compensate for their movements, control my bursts, fix the recticle, all while being shot at and avoiding/throwing back grenades.

Do you guys not even look at the gameplay. 90% of the time now its just blindfire/melee. The people who complained all day about the GMal where the ones that were mad because they one couldn't figure out to use the Gmal and wanted to use it like it was an automatic. People will still complain regardless, but what has been done to the GMal now is absolutely ridiculous. Granted I am still going to do my best to use it, because I for one like the feeling of aiming and taking down the opposing team, rather than running around in circles, blindfiring and melee people.

Message 167 of 280 (271 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Aug 9, 2012

darthgeek8 wrote:

I've got an issue to report, and I don't know where to submit it, so I'll just post it here while someone from Naughty Dog is online.

The scope zoom mod on my Eddy's AK-47 is broken. When I press X while aiming, it zooms in like any other AK-47. I even tested it side by side with a vanilla AK-47 so don't say it's placebo.

My guess for the cause of this bug is the "scope zoom" attribute added to a few of the hats. If the scope zoom mechanic was modified to allow for this hat's stats, then it might have accidentally been messed up on Eddy's AK-47. Please look into this, Naughty Dog.

Is the scope zoom mod for Chloe's M9 also broken? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 168 of 280 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4001 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks for responding EvangM.
I knew the lag switch comment would do it.

I agree you have no control over latency. But you do have control as to who plays who to some degree. And you have conyrol over your algorithm that determines lag compensation.

Right now it sucks. Laggy players in far away lands absorb bullets and grenades. It often takes 3+ melees to kill.

But I guess you'll never fix this.

Don't worry I won't make/use a lag switch. I hate cheaters. Sad thing is a lot of slow ping players seem like cheaters on this game. They probably think they are playing really well. But its lag keeping them alive. And lag letting them kill me where I used to be.

My favorite game sucks!
Message 169 of 280 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

I don't think a statement from naughty dog saying "we're fine how it is" is a credible statement. Naughty dog are fine with a lot of things despite how many of those things the community despise, the fact that some of the things that have made this game from the beginning have made naughty dog's judgement in the multiplayer aspect lose credibility. So many things you guys you've put in this game have flat out failed but you haven't addressed (hint: powerplays, what is the purpose of the kal 7 apart to **bleep** off other players,)

I was happy with a lot of 1.13 but it was by no means perfect and there are still long ongoing problems which havent been addressed

Message 170 of 280 (211 Views)
0 Likes