Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Issues being looked at on Patch 1.13

Aug 9, 2012

somebody already mentioned the G-MAL problems.   don't get me wrong, not complaining that it was nerfed.  it needed it.  it was nerfed a tad too much.

It's almost like aim assist was completely removed from the gun.   There needs to be a little to allow smooth movement of your reticle over the target.  If you're going to completely remove aim assist (which it feels like you have), you need to remove it for all weapons simultaneously.  Up the aim assist on the G-MAL by small increments until it gets balanced because right now, it's completely inferior to every other gun in the game.   At a distance your reticle just jumps all over the place.  As you fight the recoil, the reticle zooms past your enemy as you correct.   Up close this game has once again become blindfirepalooza.  Everybody is now using M9s and even the KAL-7 is making a comeback.  The ol' zig zag blindfire is once again the most used tactic in this game.   What can we expect though when you take away a gun's stopping power, give it less aim assist than every other weapon and increase it's recoil.  c'mon NDI, you should have known that nerfing all three of those would result in an R1 fest.  For those with enough pride not to zig zag blindfire, they just lock on with the M9 and fleet foot letting their aim assist do the work while your reticle bounces past them while you shoot due to almost non-existant aim assist on your gun.

Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 280 (438 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Aug 9, 2012
There is still plenty of aim assist on the g-mal. When there are 2 targets right next to each other, the aim assist will still mess up your aim.
Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 280 (420 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Updating the OP momentarily.
Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 280 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

Please tell me it'll have the map weights in it! :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 280 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Still no answer.

Guess I'll just make a lag switch. Fair is fair
Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 280 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Aug 9, 2012

The G-Mal did need a nerf, as it was sticky to your target, but now the aim assist is crazy.

Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 280 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
836 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

mehhh i hope my characters that were locked is fixed now please be please be it ;-; about to check 

UPDATE: awww all i saw was more problems and no new fixes ;-; cryy

Check out my uncharted 3 multiplayer photo album :smileyvery-happy:

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r540/sladeyy/Uncharted%203%20screenshots/
Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 280 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4647 posts

Aug 9, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

somebody already mentioned the G-MAL problems.   don't get me wrong, not complaining that it was nerfed.  it needed it.  it was nerfed a tad too much.

It's almost like aim assist was completely removed from the gun.   There needs to be a little to allow smooth movement of your reticle over the target.  If you're going to completely remove aim assist (which it feels like you have), you need to remove it for all weapons simultaneously.  Up the aim assist on the G-MAL by small increments until it gets balanced because right now, it's completely inferior to every other gun in the game.   At a distance your reticle just jumps all over the place.  As you fight the recoil, the reticle zooms past your enemy as you correct.   Up close this game has once again become blindfirepalooza.  Everybody is now using M9s and even the KAL-7 is making a comeback.  The ol' zig zag blindfire is once again the most used tactic in this game.   What can we expect though when you take away a gun's stopping power, give it less aim assist than every other weapon and increase it's recoil.  c'mon NDI, you should have known that nerfing all three of those would result in an R1 fest.  For those with enough pride not to zig zag blindfire, they just lock on with the M9 and fleet foot letting their aim assist do the work while your reticle bounces past them while you shoot due to almost non-existant aim assist on your gun.

Totally and wholeheartedly agreed. Please look into this, ND!

Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 280 (344 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Aug 9, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Still no answer.

Guess I'll just make a lag switch. Fair is fair

That will probably get you banned if you get caught and reported via cinema file. Don't go there.

We have no control over latency, aka lag. Network conditions fluctuate, and given that we are a p2p-centric system without a central server to host matches, it's not always going to be perfect, especially given our complex animation and game mechanics.

Please use plain text.
Message 159 of 280 (320 Views)
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

Totally and wholeheartedly agreed. Please look into this, ND!

We're fine with how it is, otherwise we would not have done it, and will be gathering more data from how players are reacting to changes over the coming weeks and months. That's where it stands.

Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 280 (314 Views)