Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Is there any chance of Uncharted 3 being release digitally? (Would appreciate a ND reply)

Sep 10, 2012
Multilayer will be around 25gigs with the 3D they basically have to make files twice it would be around 12gb otherwise... U2 was around 25gb because it didn't have 3D. 3D is why ND had to make quality cuts in the first place on the disc.
Message 31 of 40 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Re: Is there any chance of Uncharted 3 being release digitally? (Would appreciate a ND reply)

Sep 10, 2012

TechMemphis wrote:
Multilayer will be around 25gigs with the 3D they basically have to make files twice it would be around 12gb otherwise... U2 was around 25gb because it didn't have 3D. 3D is why ND had to make quality cuts in the first place on the disc.

How do you know MP's full size is 25 GB? You don't, you're just making up numbers. The MP is probably significantly smaller than any of us think it is. I mean, freakin' map packs were around 300 MB alone, that's nothing.

The multiplayer portion could easily go up on the store. It's the single player portion that would be questionable.

Killzone 3 had MP and that game supported 3D yet it's on the playstation store. I ask you, sir, how that game got on there when it would suffer the same issues as UC3 would... (and it did, its base file size for the whole game was 40 GB iirc).

Photobucket
Message 32 of 40 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Dai-A667 wrote:

I'm hoping that there are many that are interested in being able to purchse it digitally. The reason why I'm asking is because my PS3 gave in and the blu-ray laser/lens do not read games anymore. I would send it out to get it fixed but unfortunately I'm located outside of the United States right now and I do not know where I could send it for such repairs. (It costs about 70$ for the laser) I could pay the funds but I just dont have that possibility here. Now I know Uncharted 3 is a pretty big game but maybe ND could take into consideration splitting the Single player from the Multiplayer? (Just like KillZone 3 did it).
I personally wouldnt mind as long as the game was available in one form or another digitally. I  would just like the multiplayer.
Uncharted 3 is one of the few PS3 games that require maximum use of the PS3's specs so I'm sure users that have older PS3's will run into issues soon enough. 
Its not mandatory and even if it requires 40 gigs, thats always advised before the player installs anything... so how about it ND....? Is it going to be possible sometime soon? And I dont mean Soon TM Smiley Wink

Who here would actually invest money in buying a digital copy of Uncharted 3?

you can't find anyone local to replace your lens?  It costs around 35 bucks for one.

Message 33 of 40 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Zataoa wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

UC2 came out digitally, and Sony released KZ3's multiplayer on the store so it's inevitable UC3 will get similar treatment. I'd bet on it happening soon --  just in time for the holidays.

I bet you 500 dollars cash I could beat Dai in a 5 vs 1

This is why everyone has let out a sigh of relief Zatoa.  Your attempt to evoke humour has everyone thinking, ''**bleep** did i just read'' or more experienced readers have just skimmed through your low quality post.  What is even more amazing is that you're reply was very irrelevant making you seem like you do not possess a fully developed brain.  Now please **bleep**, and stop posting for good.  Actually, request that your account gets banned for good.  Start a new account in which you can pretend to be a brand new uncharted player while getting a 5+ KDR, but then several months laters have it dilluted to a 3.0KDR and you will question your decision to continue living. 

Message 34 of 40 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Just read on the psblog that starhawk will get both a multiplayer-only version and a single-player only version on psn!
Do you guys think naughty dog should do the same?
Maybe to increase the player pool...
Message 35 of 40 (170 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 20, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

UC2 came out digitally, and Sony released KZ3's multiplayer on the store so it's inevitable UC3 will get similar treatment. I'd bet on it happening soon --  just in time for the holidays.

the holidays, in 2013

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 36 of 40 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Sep 21, 2012

ND could make a lot of money (not that they need it with all the unnecessary selling thats been going on..) if they sold a digital MP for 10 bucks. Thats not a bad deal at all.

Message 37 of 40 (143 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 21, 2012
I'd understand if they went digital rather than sell everything in their game the way Apple sells everything.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 38 of 40 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 21, 2012

IGN tells me that Starhawk MP is being sold on PS Store for $20 bucks. Now theres a smart developer

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 39 of 40 (122 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Sep 21, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

IGN tells me that Starhawk MP is being sold on PS Store for $20 bucks. Now theres a smart developer

I actually had the beta from ps +. I didnt pick it up becasue it wasn't as addicting as warhawk, sadly. I think they should lower the mp cost to around $15, unless it has a bunch of dlc for it to cost $20.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 40 of 40 (117 Views)
0 Likes