Highlighted
Sep 08 2012
By: Dai-A667 Sackboy 399 posts

Is there any chance of Uncharted 3 being release digitally? (Would appreciate a ND reply)

39 replies 797 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

I'm hoping that there are many that are interested in being able to purchse it digitally. The reason why I'm asking is because my PS3 gave in and the blu-ray laser/lens do not read games anymore. I would send it out to get it fixed but unfortunately I'm located outside of the United States right now and I do not know where I could send it for such repairs. (It costs about 70$ for the laser) I could pay the funds but I just dont have that possibility here. Now I know Uncharted 3 is a pretty big game but maybe ND could take into consideration splitting the Single player from the Multiplayer? (Just like KillZone 3 did it).
I personally wouldnt mind as long as the game was available in one form or another digitally. I  would just like the multiplayer.
Uncharted 3 is one of the few PS3 games that require maximum use of the PS3's specs so I'm sure users that have older PS3's will run into issues soon enough. 
Its not mandatory and even if it requires 40 gigs, thats always advised before the player installs anything... so how about it ND....? Is it going to be possible sometime soon? And I dont mean Soon TM Smiley Wink

Who here would actually invest money in buying a digital copy of Uncharted 3?

Message 1 of 40 (797 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Is there any chance of Uncharted 3 being release digitally? (Would appreciate a ND reply)

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

I always buy the digital games if they become available rather than buying the blu-ray disk.

Long, Live, Play ~PlayStation
Message 2 of 40 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Re: Is there any chance of Uncharted 3 being release digitally? (Would appreciate a ND reply)

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

Weren't UC/UC2 released digitally, or do I remember wrong? 40 gigs sure is a lot.. I'd have to delete half of my games to get it, possibly every game Smiley Very Happy

Being able to download SP and MP separately, might help too. Unless MP takes most of the space. Also, if they do come separate, there could be just one UC3 in the store and the SP and MP could appear in the download list, meaning that the person doesn't have to buy both SP and MP separately.

If it really was 40 gigs, people with 80gig PS3s (like me) might not be able to even install the game, because you need 2x the file's space to install it. So, if you download a 500MB game, you need 1000MB of free space.

Message 3 of 40 (786 Views)
Sackboy
399 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

If it really was 40 gigs, people with 80gig PS3s (like me) might not be able to even install the game, because you need 2x the file's space to install it. So, if you download a 500MB game, you need 1000MB of free space.

I figured this could be an issue for a lot of users, but I mean there is always the possibility of changing the drive because its just popping it out and then in with a new one. Where as in taking it apart to fix an actual hardware problem isnt necessarily the smartest thing you can do if you have no idea what youre doing.

Now as for what I highlighted in your post, why is that?

Message 4 of 40 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

gr8 luck aye maaan i support it i wud buy it if something happened 2 my ps3 lens/laser w/e u wona call it if u ask peeps 2 understand your situation they will & support itSmiley Happy b/c ND wants $ so ding-ding ching-ching !0! um dun here peace.

Message 5 of 40 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Sep 8, 2012

even though, yes Uncharted 3 IS a pretty big game. I think it is possible to get it on the PS Store.

I don't think it matter how big the game is to get on the PS store. don't take my word for it though.

inFAMOUS 2 is also a big game, and it is on the PS store. so why can't Uncharted 3 be on the store. 

but Dai , think about it mate, if its $70 to fix the laser. and Uncharted 3 is $60. then mind as well just pay $70 and fix the laser. you'll be able to play other disk games too not just Uncharted 3. 

rather than, paying $60 (again) for Uncharted 3 digitally. but still having a broken laser and not being able to play other games.

its your call.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 6 of 40 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Sep 8, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

even though, yes Uncharted 3 IS a pretty big game. I think it is possible to get it on the PS Store.

I don't think it matter how big the game is to get on the PS store. don't take my word for it though.

inFAMOUS 2 is also a big game, and it is on the PS store. so why can't Uncharted 3 be on the store. 

but Dai , think about it mate, if its $70 to fix the laser. and Uncharted 3 is $60. then mind as well just pay $70 and fix the laser. you'll be able to play other disk games too not just Uncharted 3. 

rather than, paying $60 (again) for Uncharted 3 digitally. but still having a broken laser and not being able to play other games.

its your call.

yhhh make since but he said he's unable 2 get it fixed rite nowww{{idk dude your call}}but u3 in ps store wud b hotSmiley Happyyhhh mine

Message 7 of 40 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Sep 8, 2012

NCzVoice wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

its your call.

yhhh make since but he said he's unable 2 get it fixed rite nowww{{idk dude your call}}but u3 in ps store wud b hotSmiley Happyyhhh mine

uhh, I would love it if you can write your posts with proper speling and grammer. Smiley Wink

thanks !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 8 of 40 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 8, 2012
It took some years for guerrilla to realease it digitally i guess cause the player pool was just a few thousands and it pumped some life in it
Since u3 has more players i doubt they r interested on doing the same
Anyway the ps3 is really cheap overseas too so u can get a new one
Message 9 of 40 (701 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Sep 8, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

NCzVoice wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

its your call.

uhh, I would love it if you can write your posts with proper speling and grammer. Smiley Wink

thanks !

Just ignore that troll.

Message 10 of 40 (633 Views)
0 Likes