Feb 28 2013
By: GeometricMedo First Son 1 posts

Is the MP still worth playing? Or is it dead?

8 replies 403 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

Loved Uncharted 2, both in MP and SP aspects, I actually got platinum trophy 1-2 weeks after purchasing it. However, I had another thigns to worry about in 2011 and 2012. Had no time for gaming at all, til I seen PS4 announcement. So I'm looking for few games to keep me occupied.

The single player will definitely be amazing, I'm certain, but to the MP I have some questions...

1) Can a newbie adapt? Hey, I don't want to keep getting owned by vets playing since 11, it's not fun..

2) Is the game active, how many players roughly?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Re: Is the MP still worth playing? Or is it dead?

Feb 28, 2013
1) The game is very noob friendly, but you better find friens soon as you jump into it, and party up.

2) Theres still a lot of players in all the playlists, and now with the F2P, there will be more people new to the game and you'll find new players every day.

What you need to know is that this game is very broken and unbalanced, theres tons of Lag, a lot of blinfire and cheap tactics, if you can deal with all the BS that this game trows at you, you'll may enjoy it.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

I like cats :3

Message 2 of 9 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20306 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It's not dead, but the more time the game is out, the laggier it gets with less and less people playing.
Message 3 of 9 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Feb 28, 2013

GeometricMedo try to lower your expectations by a giant margin.  Just know going into Uncharted 3 that the game wasn't finished and it shows through all modes including the single player campaign.  We are now seventeen patches in and competitive multiplayer is a barely playable mess with no hope of being fixed. 

1) Some of your skills from Uncharted 2 will cross over but this game is fundamentally different.  The pace of the game is a total turnaround from what is was in Uncharted 2 and the early beta.  I don't think that new players have a particularly hard time with this game.  Just remember to abandon all sense of tactics that you learned in Uncharted 2.  Cover is worthless.  Sprint everywhere. 

2)  No one really knows how big our player pool actually is, but I really don't have trouble finding games when I want to play.  The problem is finding quality games at all.  What kind of player you are makes a difference.  Competitive is plagued with some of the worst lag I have ever seen in a modern video game, but CO-OP seems to have escaped the curse of extreme lag.  I'm sure that has to do with the fact that CO-OP is for three players instead of ten.

So I think that if you come into this game with the understanding that Naughty Dog didn't finish it, you should have an okay time.  I'm not trying to scare you away from giving the game a shot, but on proofreading this I can't help but see that my perspective is skewed, rightfully so, but skewed none the less.

Why did they have to get this game out before Christmas?  Where was the "pride" they have as a AAA developer to say, "This game isn't done baking yet.  We owe it to our fans and ourselves to deliver the highest quality game possible.  Therefore we are going to take another few months to make this the experience everyone deserves"?  What kind of amazing game would we have seen then?

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mrkaizoku
Message 4 of 9 (355 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Feb 28, 2013

1) Yes, a noob will adapt. Taking into account the amount of available cheap tactics ...

2) For that matter I can not complain, always join matches quickly.

Even with all the problems, I have fun with this game until today =) So, welcome!

Message 5 of 9 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Not so sure the single-player will be so satisfying for you...wasn't for me.

1) you can expect to get curbstomped hard, but since you played the UC2 one, you won't be going in completely blind so thats good, but if you take the time to get used to the mechanics/maps/gun feels in co-op you can start off decently well in competitive, practice makes perfect, and it isn't hard to get decently well -> good at the game.

2) games active, though with F2p and such, the noob/pro ratio seems tipped, so now might be a good time to join as you won't run into higher levels toooooo often.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 9 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It's fine. It's just not great.
Message 7 of 9 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Even if it's dead, one thing is for sure: You won't get owned by anyone cause you are able to post on here, so I'm assuming you can press r1. You don't need anything else. 

There are even worse players out there than you and you haven't even started... noobs trying to aim a kal, noobs not being able to walk and look around at the same time, noobs trying to aim, and there are a 1000 more where that came from.

You couldn't wish for a more noobfriendly game than this, and hey if you live in South America, you even get to use a neat future called lag compensation. (Sold seperately)

Message 8 of 9 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5197 posts

Feb 28, 2013

There are still people playing the game.

As for newbies, it's tough and there's a huge learning curve. However I suspect you might be fine.

Message 9 of 9 (277 Views)
0 Likes