Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 19, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@ Southpaw you didn't hit the button fast enough.

Completely necessary to bump this thread for that.

 

You also forgot to incorporate situations involoving lag and close quarters, making rolling ineffective.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 139 (131 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4593 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 19, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@ Southpaw you didn't hit the button fast enough.

Nope. You can jump as soon as you see the grenade indicator and you'll still die.

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 139 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/15/2011
Offline
89 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012

@YoungBuckHeezy

 

1. Whether or not you want them to stop is irrelevant. A moral code is a moral code.

 

2. I don't assume anything. You do use it. It's right here on the forum.

 

3. Suicide bombing. Also, how is stealth killing highly tactical? You walk up to someone with their back turned. Simple as that.

 

4. No, because again, your own personal experience is not represenitive, and that's not even true. You have no way of judging the skill of every single revenge user, not to mention you probably don't always know when someone is using revenge. If they don't die anywhere near you, or you're not actively looking, you won't notice.

 

And again, I am not putting any words in your mouth. That is what you are saying in esscence, not neccesarily what you think you're saying. 

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 139 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012
Hating revenge booster is overrated.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 139 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/12/2012
Offline
314 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012

MacabreMilkman wrote:

@YoungBuckHeezy

 

1. Whether or not you want them to stop is irrelevant. A moral code is a moral code.

 

2. I don't assume anything. You do use it. It's right here on the forum.

 

3. Suicide bombing. Also, how is stealth killing highly tactical? You walk up to someone with their back turned. Simple as that.

 

4. No, because again, your own personal experience is not representative, and that's not even true. You have no way of judging the skill of every single revenge user, not to mention you probably don't always know when someone is using revenge. If they don't die anywhere near you, or you're not actively looking, you won't notice.

 

And again, I am not putting any words in your mouth. That is what you are saying in essence, not necessarily what you think you're saying. 


3. How do you know it's not highly tactical, that is a dangerous assumption.  If revenge users are tactical then stealthy players certainly are as well.:smileytongue:

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 139 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

MacabreMilkman wrote:

@YoungBuckHeezy

 

1. Whether or not you want them to stop is irrelevant. A moral code is a moral code.

 

2. I don't assume anything. You do use it. It's right here on the forum.

 

3. Suicide bombing. Also, how is stealth killing highly tactical? You walk up to someone with their back turned. Simple as that.

 

4. No, because again, your own personal experience is not representative, and that's not even true. You have no way of judging the skill of every single revenge user, not to mention you probably don't always know when someone is using revenge. If they don't die anywhere near you, or you're not actively looking, you won't notice.

 

And again, I am not putting any words in your mouth. That is what you are saying in essence, not necessarily what you think you're saying. 


3. How do you know it's not highly tactical, that is a dangerous assumption.  If revenge users are tactical then stealthy players certainly are as well.:smileytongue:


I stealth all the time. It's fun. 

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 139 (96 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9899 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012

MacabreMilkman wrote:

@YoungBuckHeezy

 

1. Whether or not you want them to stop is irrelevant. A moral code is a moral code.

 

2. I don't assume anything. You do use it. It's right here on the forum.

 

3. Suicide bombing. Also, how is stealth killing highly tactical? You walk up to someone with their back turned. Simple as that.

 

4. No, because again, your own personal experience is not represenitive, and that's not even true. You have no way of judging the skill of every single revenge user, not to mention you probably don't always know when someone is using revenge. If they don't die anywhere near you, or you're not actively looking, you won't notice.

 

And again, I am not putting any words in your mouth. That is what you are saying in esscence, not neccesarily what you think you're saying. 


If it was that simple I shouldn't have a problem leveling Cloaked, but no, sometimes it's just a normal punch, sometimes they suddenly look behind, etc etc.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 139 (78 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/05/2011
Offline
462 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 20, 2012

MacabreMilkman wrote:

@YoungBuckHeezy

 

1. Whether or not you want them to stop is irrelevant. A moral code is a moral code.

 

2. I don't assume anything. You do use it. It's right here on the forum.

 

3. Suicide bombing. Also, how is stealth killing highly tactical? You walk up to someone with their back turned. Simple as that.

 

4. No, because again, your own personal experience is not represenitive, and that's not even true. You have no way of judging the skill of every single revenge user, not to mention you probably don't always know when someone is using revenge. If they don't die anywhere near you, or you're not actively looking, you won't notice.

 

And again, I am not putting any words in your mouth. That is what you are saying in esscence, not neccesarily what you think you're saying. 


1. A moral code is a moral code...but my opinion is nowhere near a moral code.

 

2. What? You keep asserting that my opinion is some kind of moral code...when it's just my opinion lol.

 

3. Suicide bombing? Ok I think this argument is over. Haven't heard something as silly as that since...well, never.

 

4. My opinion is based off of my person experience. I find the 9/10, Revenge Users don't make overall positive contributions to the team...

 

I really don't know how you can go and say "I am not putting any words in your mouth", when you keep telling me that I think my opinion is some moral code that all UC3 players should follow, when I never insisted that.

Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 139 (73 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/15/2011
Offline
89 posts
 

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 22, 2012

@YongBuckHeezy

 

1. You are saying the kills are undeserved. When you pick that booster (in favour of other, better boosters) you drop a grenade upon a death. If someone is next to that grenade, they die. That's a kill. A kill's a kill. You however, are trying to say it's undeserved. That's applying some sort of morality or honour system to a multiplayer game, and there's nothing moral or honourable with multiplayer.

 

2. Yes, it is your opinion. However, your opinion is trying to say that some kills weren't deserved, implying a more black and white system of which kills are "right" and which ones are "wrong". 

 

3. So instead of trying to explain why my argument is wrong, you just flat-out call it silly? Nice. Good argument.

 

4. Yes, that's YOUR personal experience, and not really represenitive of the thousands and thousands who play this game.

 

It's funny how you say I'm putting words in your mouth, when you did just that. You just said " you keep telling me that I think my opinion is some moral code that all UC3 players should follow". I however, never insisted that you said it's a moral code for all people to follow. All I'm saying is that your opinion is trying to apply right and wrong to a multiplayer game, whether you know you are or not. 

Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 139 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes