Sackboy
448 posts

Re: If you use Revenge...

Aug 16, 2012
I don't care about revenge one way or the other, but it definitely is the ultimate selfish booster, as in "I couldn't care less if my team wins as long as I get a couple of cheap kills" .As for it being a deterrent to flankers, I don't really see it. I have never once thought " I'd better not sneak up on this guy cos he might have revenge "
Message 11 of 139 (327 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I've said this elsewhere.

There are times and places to use revenge.

TDM is never the place to do it. If you are a newbie it's kind of excusable as you need ways to get kills, but it's still pretty horrible to see.

In objectives as a lone wolf I kind of appreaciate having revenge users on my team, if they run into a taken circle and wipe out some other team members with revenge, it's assisting the team.

Same case can be given for plunder as long as you are using it smartly though. intelligent usage of revenge should be around the opponents chest there to stop them capping.

Message 12 of 139 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2278 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

Beelzebean wrote:
I have never once thought " I'd better not sneak up on this guy cos he might have revenge "

I'd love to see the look on your face when you die from a revenge grenade because you decided to use a stealth attack.

You break my back, I put a grenade in your butt!

Message 13 of 139 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Revenge is dumb.  Plain and simple.  But I don't persecute players who use it.  It's part of the game, a lame part, but a part nontheless.

I just don't understand why people are willing to waste an entire Booster Slot on such a useless tool.  It's like framing a house and hitting nails in with a screwdriver.  You just gotta shake your head at it and move on. 

Message 14 of 139 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Someone in my clan went 20-7 nearly every game and used Revenge. Although, I talked him out of it. Now he goes 20-7 every game WITHOUT using Revenge.

Message 15 of 139 (294 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
863 posts

Aug 16, 2012

:/ what exactly is wrong with revenge. i've only used it once and got like 0 kills except one time and I don't think i've ever died from it except once. a lot of games have this booster/perk in there loadouts. I don't get why it's such a problem for people on this one. 

Message 16 of 139 (294 Views)
Wastelander
351 posts

Aug 16, 2012

A haiku:

Successful stealth kill

But green triangle fails me

Revenge strikes again

Message 17 of 139 (286 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

MachoTbig wrote:

You´re right, the revenge booster is skill-less, 'cuz you can unlock it at a very early level ( Rank 35), but maybe if you couldn't unlock it, till like level 45, maybe that would make the players see that it´s a lame booster for a high level player, or at least change it to the First slot of boosters ND Smiley Frustrated

Actually even earlier, rank 25.  Revenge makes me want to puke.  The guy using it knows he won't win in a head-up gunfight and doesn't even want to challenge me.  Revenge users don't want the faster climbing Monkey Man gives you, or the infinite ammo daredevil gives you, or faster kickbacks bargain gives you, no they want to use this garbage booster to get garbage kills.  Even worse when their connection is fed through a led-lined potato and their insane lag ends up killing me when I'm fifteen feet away from the grenade. 

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 18 of 139 (271 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Wanna know what my thoughts are about Revenge?

NUFF. SAID. Actually, no, I'm going to rant a little more about it.

Only a problem to the enemy team if laggers use it, thanks to the merciful time limit to throw back grenades, but if laggers are using it you don't even see the grenade or know they even had the booster before it's too late (like what happened in the video). So basically, an AFKer can kill me if he lags like a South American with a cat chewing on his ethernet cable, because of Revenge.

Biggest problem though is obviously the TKing aspect of it. No doubt. Not only is it annoying, but Revenge users are typically the load of the team. You know, the guys going super negative and killing their wounded teammates, giving the other team the kill. And in Team Objective, when you're in the hill and your teammate drops a Revenge grenade that you can't throw back... Smiley Mad I lost a Team Objective match because of a Revenge user (funny enough he was a squeaker) and I told him to not use Revenge in the next match and all he did was giggle. These are people who don't care to win, don't care to play well on their own, or be any sort of help to their team at all. They just want cheap kills from luck that they don't even have to work for. In summary: some men just want to watch the world burn.

My suggestion for fixing it is to make the grenade pop up into the air a little longer (like it did in Uncharted 2), which will be beneficial to both the enemy team and teammates. If this fix is made, then the only con about tweaking grenade throwbacks would be out of the question.

Message 19 of 139 (257 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Why wouldn't you kick the Revenge user, Southpaw? Teach him a lesson.
Message 20 of 139 (250 Views)