Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: I'm getting complaints because I use "Tap a 'Nade"

Jul 31, 2012
Mute doesn't mute them, it turns them down, but if their loud enough, you can still hear them.
Message 51 of 57 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19769 posts

Jul 31, 2012

BloodyBuddy666 wrote:
Mute doesn't mute them, it turns them down, but if their loud enough, you can still hear them.

Message 52 of 57 (158 Views)
Sackboy
598 posts

Jul 31, 2012

Just chill its not like they are going to punch you through the screen, it's just a game and you should treat it as such if they hate then let it fuel you to be better.

"If you suck at the game, you're supposed to lose" nuff said
I'm from britan. Kangaroo's n' Cowboy hats, mate
Message 53 of 57 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Jul 31, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

You could just not use it Smiley Wink...... no?

Ok nevermind.

Seriously, SKIN?

Dude can do whatever the hell he wants in-game, as long as he isn't glitching out of the map. He paid money for it, so he can do whatever he wants in-game. It applies for everyone, even ROF M9 and Revenge users, no matter how scrubby I think they are.

If it's in the game, people will use it. People used the USAS in Battlefield 3, the grenade launcher (noob tube, as it was called) in MW2, and the glider rig in Gotham City Impostors. They were all scrubby and everyone knew it, but people still used them.

"Wack'n rolling" and "tap a'nading" are techniques you can use if your thumbs have good reflexes. They are two techniques that are available to everyone in Uncharted 3, except for people with terrible thumb reflexes (and if they have terrible thumb reflexes, why in the hell are they playing multiplayer shooters in the first place...). They do not come as a bonus with a particular booster, gun, kickback, weapon mod, loadout or character, they are here for everyone to use.

Having to be good with your thumbs for moves like wack'n rolling is one of the only things that takes actual skill in Uncharted 3. Stop going around telling people to not play this way so that it's "fair" for you and all the other people who can't adapt. Learn to use these techniques yourself because whether you're using a KAL-7, a FAL-SS, or a Dragon, these techniques are going to be available to you and EVERYONE ELSE playing this game.

/rant

@OP: In every multiplayer game, people rage when they die. People don't like dying. They like killing without dying. Unfortunately, on the top of the food chain there's the skilled players, and below them are the unskilled players. Thankfully for the unskilled players they have power plays letting them do more damage or see everyone on the other team on the map and kickbacks giving them RPGs and instant-detonation grenades to help them out a little bit with the slaughter.

I'd say that if you're inspiring rage out of them for using a particular button combination that's available to work for everyone, you're a better player than them and you belong on the "skilled players" part of the food chain.

Um, it was a joke. Calm down :l

Message 54 of 57 (150 Views)
Sackboy
495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

This is part of a larger issue in the UC3 community which I believe ultimately boils down to ppl being sore losers. All of the following complaints usually stem from the same attitude:

"You are a tryhard b/c you use _______."

"You are cheap b/c you use the overpowered _______."

"You are a noob b/c you blindfire."

Note that all these things are intended game mechanics; I am not referring to exploits. This happens in other games too. In Street Fighter someone might say "You are cheap b/c you spam fireball with Ken / Ryu." Or in Starcraft someone says "You have no skill b/c you won with a cheesy strategy." Despite sore losers and complaints, all these "cheap" or "skill-less" elements are used at the highest levels of competitive play. The difference is, good players use "cheap" or "skill-less" strategies at the most appropriate situations, whereas noobs use the same strategies all the time and do not adapt. Good players are even able to adapt and overcome "cheap" or "skill-less" strategies.

Ultimately, all intended game mechanics are supposed to be used. Powerful loadouts and useful techniques are supposed to be abused. Trollish, funny elements of the game (KAL-7) are there to give you a laugh. Just play the game, but realize that overpowered things might be patched eventually in Naughty Dog time.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 55 of 57 (135 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Jul 31, 2012

holicow wrote:

This is part of a larger issue in the UC3 community which I believe ultimately boils down to ppl being sore losers. All of the following complaints usually stem from the same attitude:

"You are a tryhard b/c you use _______."

"You are cheap b/c you use the overpowered _______."

"You are a noob b/c you blindfire."

Note that all these things are intended game mechanics; I am not referring to exploits. This happens in other games too. In Street Fighter someone might say "You are cheap b/c you spam fireball with Ken / Ryu." Or in Starcraft someone says "You have no skill b/c you won with a cheesy strategy." Despite sore losers and complaints, all these "cheap" or "skill-less" elements are used at the highest levels of competitive play. The difference is, good players use "cheap" or "skill-less" strategies at the most appropriate situations, whereas noobs use the same strategies all the time and do not adapt. Good players are even able to adapt and overcome "cheap" or "skill-less" strategies.

Ultimately, all intended game mechanics are supposed to be used. Powerful loadouts and useful techniques are supposed to be abused. Trollish, funny elements of the game (KAL-7) are there to give you a laugh. Just play the game, but realize that overpowered things might be patched eventually in Naughty Dog time.

Soon™ 

Message 56 of 57 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Message 57 of 57 (94 Views)
0 Likes