Jul 19 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 7073 posts

I'm angry with the 1.13 GMAL Nerf. I'm serious.

[ Edited ]
211 replies 1885 views Edited Jul 19, 2012

No joke. As regular forumers may note I've always been a big promoter of the GMAL being OP, but I feel that ND is going about this the wrong way. It's going to make the GMAL worse at what it's supposed to specialize in while leaving it's biggest issue untouched. Let me explain.

What the biggest problem is for me, and what I feel to be the problem that other people have, is that the GMAL is very powerful and can kill quickly in close ranged shootouts more than it should. This is due to it's high bullet damage. Now ND has decided to increase the recoil for the GMAL as well as lower the aim assist, and while the aim assist being lowered will let those who have good aim distinguish themselves from those without good aim, the recoil being increased on the GMAL will make it indefinitely harder to use at longer ranges while it will still be relatively the same at closer ranges.

For something like the AK, a change in recoil can be overridden by better aim and recoil control, but with a burst rifle like the GMAL, you cannot compensate for recoil efficiently as each burst is fired, so a recoil increase means that it is gauranteed harder to be accurate with at longer ranges.

In essence ND is going to make the GMAL worse at longer range, but leave it's fast killing time that makes it too powerful completely unchanged. This means that the GMAL will get worse at beating an M9 at longer ranges, but still be just as good at two bursting someone using an M9 at closer ranges. So the GMAL becomes less of a ranged weapon and yet will still be able to two burst and be a problem.

I can't be the only one who sees the misdirection in ND's nerf to supposedly balance the GMAL, by making it worse at what it's meant for (mid to long range) while not addressing that it's too good at what it's not supposed to be used for (mid to close range range).

Message 1 of 212 (1,885 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: I'm angry with the 1.13 GMAL Nerf. I'm serious.

Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, you tell 'em Skin N Bones! You're complaining is gonna make a difference!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 212 (1,874 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7073 posts

Jul 19, 2012

EyeCue86 wrote:
Yeah, you tell 'em Skin N Bones! You're complaining is gonna make a difference!

Are you talking to me or someone else?... I think you are but that name doesn't look exactly like mine so I'll ignore you for now.

Message 3 of 212 (1,866 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, you tell 'em xSKIN_N_BONESx! You're complaining is gonna make a difference!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 4 of 212 (1,853 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Aim assist was enough of a nerf in my opinion.

The G-mal is considered OP because of how easy it is to use.

One should just try using the G-mal in LAN with splitscreen and see how hard it is to keep your aim on someone.

I just wish the recoil increase won't kill the weapon

Message 5 of 212 (1,845 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 19, 2012
G-MAL is still OP after nerf. I can see the future... oh wait... LOL!!! I'm **bleep**' HILARIOUS!!!

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 6 of 212 (1,832 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jul 19, 2012
When you said you were serious I was expecting a joke but this actually smart.
Message 7 of 212 (1,831 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7073 posts

Jul 19, 2012

EyeCue86 wrote:
Yeah, you tell 'em xSKIN_N_BONESx! You're complaining is gonna make a difference!

Thanks for the support. I now have the trolling portion of the community backing me so nothing can stop me....

Message 8 of 212 (1,827 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7073 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

EMPEROR987 wrote:

Aim assist was enough of a nerf in my opinion.

The G-mal is considered OP because of how easy it is to use.

One should just try using the G-mal in LAN with splitscreen and see how hard it is to keep your aim on someone.

I just wish the recoil increase won't kill the weapon

I see aim assist being lowered as a definite positive, because those that have the aim can still be accurate while those who aren't as good won't be rewarded like they're just as accurate.

Although, I think the issue of two bursting will be a problem still. The problem with the two burst kill is that it happens so fast the target often times can't even evade, so lowered aim assist won't effect that very much once they've already got their sights on you.

Message 9 of 212 (1,821 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I was thinking the same.

All it needed was a aim assist reduction, imo.

Do you feel me?

Message 10 of 212 (1,814 Views)
0 Likes