Wastelander
613 posts

Re: I feel so bad for the F2P guys (PICTURE)

Mar 1, 2013

Reonista wrote:

bild.JPG

Turn DLC noob.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 51 of 68 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Mar 1, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

now why can i never get a lobby like that when i want to use a ticket Smiley Sad

you'd end up on teh noob team though not the party of brazillians. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 52 of 68 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Mar 1, 2013

tts42572 wrote:

On one hand, I feel bad for the FTP players...I ran into a bunch of them playing last night.  It's hysterically funny though seeing some of them running around the map, with no idea where they are going....and trying to aim their gun.

On the other hand though, it's a little refreshing to get into some matches where every single player isn't rolling around, blindfiring KAL's and Para 9's, activiating a kickback every 2 seconds, etc ,etc....I mean, it's kinda fun to be able to just run around and play with players that are really just trying to have a little fun and play the game without trying to camp an area in a full party the whole game....

Frankly, it really isn't much better for anybody that plays the competitive games as a random player....You can be a 5th legacy level 75 and still run into parties of 4-5 and sometimes not have very much fun.....

Matchmaking has always been a problem back to the U2 days...Sometimes I wonder if maybe changing the max party size to 3 would help...At least then, you'd always have the opportunity to get two noobs with 3 high level players that are partying together....And maybe then it could help even things out a little bit in the team based playlists IF matchmaking operates right....

^ this.. it was really  nice to have game play in different areas. Front yard of the chateau for instance. train tracks of london instead of the camping room. People actually trying to use the turrets. The F2P People really do stir things up. I like them. I don't want them to go away. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 53 of 68 (318 Views)
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Mar 1, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:
i keep saying. Have a new player lobby that goes to lv 50

that is a good idea, but i don't think there are enough players to split the player pool even further

I think they need to just have a ping based matchmaking system instead of level based. to level 50 would split the player pool too much but it would be fair to have a low level lobby for people up to level 10 or something. Long enough to figure out some basic things about the game before being thrown to the wolves would be smart for ND if they wanted to keep those players and convince htem to spend money.  Give them a choice maybe, they can play in the regular player pool and try their luck or they can play in the low level lobby. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 54 of 68 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

now why can i never get a lobby like that when i want to use a ticket Smiley Sad

*uses ticket, late joins a match against five 5th legacy 75s with noob teammates* FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...

that happened to me many times the other day. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 55 of 68 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Reo, I wish there was hope for the new players but all we can hope is that they learn to learn the ways of uncharted play fast.

I find it a pleasure to watch them play. Shows us what we are missing in a certain fashion.

Matchmaking is cursed to hell, use it at your peril. As for bumping into the Brazilians and Japanese, what's new. I have been doing it from day one.

Message 56 of 68 (294 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Magne_Tiz_M wrote:
Reo, I wish there was hope for the new players but all we can hope is that they learn to learn the ways of uncharted play fast.

I find it a pleasure to watch them play. Shows us what we are missing in a certain fashion.

Matchmaking is cursed to hell, use it at your peril. As for bumping into the Brazilians and Japanese, what's new. I have been doing it from day one.

You are absolutely correct.
However, I wish it was us "vets" who could learn how to play from the new guys.
Nowadays, players try to exploit every thing they can in order to increase a few numbers:
Player for numbers is not "fun" if the same players leave a game in anger when the numbers aren't pleasing.

This is something many has yet to understand. I wish I oculd play with these "noobs" all day and just forget about scores.

Message 57 of 68 (274 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I hope I can get friends from the new guys! It's fun when you play with people who play for fun! Smiley Very Happy
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 58 of 68 (269 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Mar 1, 2013
One of the newbies sent me a messages yesterday asking me to play with them in Plunder & TO because I was the only person on my team who didn't stomp on him lol.

I played a match of 3TDM & my buddy were the only ones with experience the other two teams were noobs I Allowed them to both get over 10 kills each then played a bit serious with them in the last 5 mins, it was pretty fun to just run around with my friend dodging bullets & playing hide & seek from meeles I felt like I was in a game of Michael Myers, good stuff'
Message 59 of 68 (264 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
832 posts

Mar 2, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

^ this.. it was really  nice to have game play in different areas. Front yard of the chateau for instance. train tracks of london instead of the camping room. People actually trying to use the turrets. The F2P People really do stir things up. I like them. I don't want them to go away. 

I love the varied gameplay, I still remember my beta days where the turret was so fun to use.. heck I actually used it a couple of days ago to kill some people, still reminds me how useful it can be at situations. 

I hope these F2Ps stay too, it makes it more interesting because a F2P player was getting some nice kills on me a few days ago and I gave him props.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 60 of 68 (217 Views)