Dec 15 2012
By: smartbomb420 Monster Hunter 20 posts

I actually hate you ND.

[ Edited ]
57 replies 1034 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

I started playing games when I was 13. That was 15 years ago. And tonight as I sat for the SEVENTH night in a row in a hunter lobby watching the finding player rotate search icon, it dawned on me that this is my absolute lowest point in gaming.

Im a completionist. Always have been. and when trophies came out, everything had to be at 100%. OCD but thats just me.

These treasure related trophies are the most god forsaken awful trophies I have experienced. Im trying DESPERATELY not to swear every other word here but ND, you have completely ruined ANY enjoyment I ever got out of this game, even franchise. You've ensured that I will never EVER touch another ND product again in my life.

Why you couldnt have thought this through. Why you couldnt just realise the frustration it would cause the likes of me and PLENTY others if you just look around and read some of your own customers in these very threads and across the multiple trophy websites and countless other forums and rip out this sham of a treasure system and replace it with something that is the worst thing in the world to try and overcome, randomness.

JD has a thread with about 15 solutions to this sickening problem but you say you've "fixed" the treasure drop system by what, making you get a treasure with Just Cash medals ? Far out. And this increased rare drop weekend ? Yeah, what a load of bull that is too. I boosted with a friend a hunter match, he gave me all the kills while he stood there. Know how many times he dropped a treasure combined with how many were in chests ? .... 1. A duplicate.

You havent given any thought at all to people who will want to collect them all but cant spend eternity at it. I really REALLY hate you right now for wrecking what was my favourite brand and making me hate gaming.

Guess i'll go back and try some more Hunter now and waste another 2 hours of my life, just like the 4 hours a day every day this last week solid.

Shocking decision.

Edit: profanity removed

Message 1 of 58 (1,034 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Re: I actually hate you ND.

Dec 15, 2012

smartbomb420 wrote:

This is the best you can do ND ?

I mean for the deafening cries to fix this awful treasure system and you ever so slighty increase the odds of a rare drop ?

Im going to make a rage thread now, talk to you in a little bit...

Right on schedule.

Message 2 of 58 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Dec 15, 2012
So I guess you're not going to buy TLoU? I understand the feelings.

I wonder if TLoU devs would be much better than U3 devs for obvious reasons...
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 3 of 58 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Ok then.
Message 4 of 58 (1,006 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Dec 15, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

"The Last of Us is a Naughty Dog game, period. Not, “this one’s made by these guys, that one’s made by those guys.” One culture, one process."

https://twitter.com/taylorkurosaki

Look forward to frivolous DLC!

Message 5 of 58 (988 Views)
Fender Bender
4327 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

CorvetteCrazy262 wrote:

FredFai wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

"The Last of Us is a Naughty Dog game, period. Not, “this one’s made by these guys, that one’s made by those guys.” One culture, one process."

https://twitter.com/taylorkurosaki

Look forward to frivolous DLC!

Thank you for lowering my expectations. Better not be overhyped and end up in massive disappointment. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 6 of 58 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4225 posts

Dec 15, 2012

x

If you're so OCD about Trophies, then don't play any games that have online.

/thread.

Message 7 of 58 (936 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Trophy hunters really hate Naughty Dog, within reason. Even though it´s not necessary for the plat, you just can´t make a silver trophy based on chance and chance alone. Unacceptable. No excuses for it.

Whoever did that shot himself in the foot because NaughtyDog only lost future buyers with those extra online trophies. Many trophy hunters won´t touch NaughtyDog games anymore.

Message 8 of 58 (930 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Dec 15, 2012

smartbomb420 wrote:

I started playing games when I was 13. That was 15 years ago. And tonight as I sat for the SEVENTH night in a row in a hunter lobby watching the finding player rotate search icon, it dawned on me that this is my absolute lowest point in gaming.

Im a completionist. Always have been. and when trophies came out, everything had to be at 100%. OCD but thats just me.

These treasure related trophies are the most god forsaken awful trophies I have experienced. Im trying DESPERATELY not to swear every other word here but ND, you have completely ruined ANY enjoyment I ever got out of this game, even franchise. You've ensured that I will never EVER touch another ND product again in my life.

Why you couldnt have thought this through. Why you couldnt just realise the frustration it would cause the likes of me and PLENTY others if you just look around and read some of your own customers in these very threads and across the multiple trophy websites and countless other forums and rip out this sham of a treasure system and replace it with something that is the worst thing in the world to try and overcome, randomness.

JD has a thread with about 15 solutions to this sickening problem but you say you've "fixed" the treasure drop system by what, making you get a treasure with Just Cash medals ? Far out. And this increased rare drop weekend ? Yeah, what a load of bull that is too. I boosted with a friend a hunter match, he gave me all the kills while he stood there. Know how many times he dropped a treasure combined with how many were in chests ? .... 1. A duplicate.

You havent given any thought at all to people who will want to collect them all but cant spend eternity at it. I really REALLY hate you right now for wrecking what was my favourite brand and making me hate gaming.

Guess i'll go back and try some more Hunter now and waste another 2 hours of my life, just like the 4 hours a day every day this last week solid.

Shocking decision.

Edit: profanity removed

None of our treasures are tied specifically to Hunter Arena, they can all be earned in both Hunter Arena as well as Co-op Arena. If you are dead set on collecting those treasures and are unable to find a game in the Hunter Arena Playlist, try searching in Co-op arena. Hopefully this treasure drop weekend will also help you reach your goal!

Message 9 of 58 (883 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I applaud ND for not making treasures super easy to get. It stops everyone from running around with the best gun and skeleton skins. It gave challenge to separate the dedicated people from the noobs, and it does it well. Sorry, but I do not think the OCD gamers are a large enough population to actually attract ND's attention. Video games are for fun. If you do not play video games for fun then this game may not be for you. I say thiis to many people, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THERE'S THE DOOR.

R.I.P POGO
Message 10 of 58 (874 Views)