Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: How we expected customization to be

Aug 17, 2012

sonic63098 wrote:
I highly doubt ND will see this. They don't pay attention to anything on here. There is a bunch of problems on this forum overall that ND has even done to try to help... I'm still a supporter of this thread though!

ND has responded to this thread several times, and one of them recently replied to a topic regarding glitchers in The Block Mesh Lab. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 1441 of 1,511 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Aug 17, 2012

It seems kind of obvious now with these micro-transactions they introduced.  I bet they are planning on introducing these changes to customization, but at a price as DLC.  This is what customization should have been, but Naughty Dog, the customization in Uncharted 3 in abysmal!  

We were promised a robust customization system, but it was terrible and was pretty much the exact same as the two previous betas.   

Message 1442 of 1,511 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

curtainman1 wrote:

The head item perks need to go, seriously. This is just one big slap in the face from ND. We asked for more customization options, and we didn't ask for any unnecessary perks that hamper our experience!  Example, why should I get reduced stopping power if I want to wear the Panda hat? Why should I get reduced Rof if I want to wear the Wizard hat? There are many more examples. Also, we asked for more color options. Not only did they not add more color options when they could to any of the pre-existing items which have very limited selection of colors, but they did the same thing to the new items.

Also, we have to pay for the new customization pieces. We can get them free by collecting the new treasures, but guess what. Those treasures RARELY show up.

Seems like money is they're priority concern. Smiley Sad

Exactly. ND is demonstrating right now they don't care about their fanbase, they only care about the money they can make off of us.  I'm sure Sony is to blame here too.  

DLC can be a good thing and was initially a good thing.  Companies made full on expansion packs that actually added something new and extended the game's lifespan (look at R*, Bethesda etc etc).  Now DLC is just a fricking excuse to make the game you buy more expensive.  These micro-transactions for these dumb hats and the tournament system are just a ploy to extract as much money as they can from the fanbase.  We are all just giant cash-cows to Naughty Dog and Sony.

Naughty Dog, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves because I am sure you guys know that your "customization" options right now are down right terrible.   

Message 1443 of 1,511 (709 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Hmm. I didn't have enough time to look at all 145 pages. I read up to 10 and thought, "OK. I'm done reading for the year", lol
Message 1444 of 1,511 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Oct 5, 2012
The idea with having onlyone skin all other variations of that skin would be in that skin was smashing
Message 1445 of 1,511 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Oct 5, 2012
smashin ideas in this thread love reading it so much
Message 1446 of 1,511 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chloe as Ashelin... Heart

Message 1447 of 1,511 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Colors!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 1448 of 1,511 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

Re: I agree 100% I really thought we would have more custom o...

Oct 20, 2012

YEESSSSSS WE NEED THAT. Blue G-Mal Perfect. But this whole thread is correct. No Offense Naughty Dog but they didnt put that much imagination. Smart idea with the KillZone Accesories, but Jak Items, The Last of Us characters, That would work. OR, a Young Drake? Or more Custom Hero Options. Mouth? Hair FOR THE MOST. Girl Custom Hero's/Villans? The Labs are perfect. But we do need more stuff.

~ ChanLee13.

Dont cry because it's over, Smile because it happened.

~Dr. Seuss.
Message 1449 of 1,511 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Hey Luxis, great thread. It looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I completely agree with you. This is what I expected from UC3 and was very disappointed when this was missing from the full game. Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1450 of 1,511 (355 Views)
0 Likes