Fender Bender
2430 posts

Re: How much do you play this game?

Feb 14, 2013

I play in spurts. Currently, this week, ill play often because I like the LAB (even though the carpet bombs are  unnecessary).

When theres a block mesh I dont like (which is most of them) or a LAB i dont like (like the Uzi+Shotty), I dont get on as much.

Im playing through Little Big Planet 2, thats an excellent change of pace game, really enjoying it.

Overall Id say I play often...the longest streak of not playing ive had since launch is maybe 3 weeks. However, I never play for a long period of time, my sessions are always 2 hours max. 30 mins here and there mostly.

Im hoping either metal gear Rising, Tomb raider, or Last of us can hold me over till GTA...

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 31 of 49 (335 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I use to average like 2 hours a day, but now I'm averaging like once a week for 4 hours or so.... 

Message 32 of 49 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I came back to the game after a fairly long hiatus, and have been playing the game daily.  I really only came back because I heard about the massive patch we were supposed to be getting in the beginning of the month that has now magically, in true Naughty Dog fashion, turned to the end of the month.  Some days are better than others but I'm am becoming exhausted trying to figure out the magic combination to make this game play right.  Hell we probably won't even hear about what is in the patch until March, and probably won't get it until April or later.  I really don't know if I can last that long. 

What  is so hard about slipping fixes in here and there as they are finished?  I would much rather have it that way.  At least then we would know that the game was supported in the least bit.

I wish Naughty Dog used some of that uncompromising pride while making this game.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mrkaizoku
Message 33 of 49 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I post on the forum more than I actually play the game which is hardly anything.

I played dodgeball for a bit for kicks, but I just got tired of wasting time trying to get into Classic Mode games (the best and only mode I play IMO).

Also I'm busy playing Ni No Kuni, which is a beautiful amazing epic game.

Message 34 of 49 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
334 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I took about a month off but am back playing about twice a week, usually an hour or two each session.

Uncharted 3 has a strange pull on me. It's like when I go to my favorite Indian restaurant. I always plan to try something new. And I always end up ordering Chicken Tikka Masala.

Same thing with PS3. I sit down thinking I'm finally going to try Journey or RDR: Undead Nightmare. Next thing I know I'm playing Plunder.  

Message 35 of 49 (286 Views)
MVP Support
12420 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I play Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception at least once a week. This is one video game that I intend to keep returning to whenever I have the opportunity to do so. I don’t consider myself to ever be completely done with a video game unless I delete it from my HDD.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 36 of 49 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19728 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Saturdays for Naughty Paws.
Message 37 of 49 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'd say about and hour a night on average...Although, I'm skipping more and more nights lately.

I played U2 waaaay more than I played U3.  

U3 has just gotten very tough to play for reasons many have mentioned.  Party problems, disconnects and lag really, really get frustrating.  I mean, the game is almost impossible to take for very long as a random playing competitively.....And when you finally get a party, you're lucky if you can play two matches in a row without somebody getting split or disconnected.

I'll probably keep playing up until the PS4 release though.  I've been thinking about going back to U2 as well.....

I just can only play in limited spurts these days though to keep my sanity.

Message 38 of 49 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I wish I could've stayed interested in UC3 for as long as I did with UC2, but alas it didn't happen.  UC3 is so darn frustrating gameplay wise with all the BS compared to UC2 where while even in its later years the gamepaly was simplsitic enough that you never felt like you were not in control of the outcome of a gunfight, outside of course of lag and SA (which had a counter). 

UC3 has too many stupid variables, stupid kickbacks powerplays and other BS, and I found the lag to have a more harmful effect on the gameplay.  Almost everything I loved about UC2 seemed stripped bare or changed for the worse in UC3.  I just couldn't stay interested for long past the first year.  Its unfortunate, I still had fun with the game, but once all the BS was being exploited on a wide scale it became hard for me to play effectively without getting ticked off over almost ever single death.  I just couldn't adapt at that point and I started playing less and less until not at all anymore.  For a while the only reason I was playing anymore was to just play and chat with friends.

UC2 I played it through the multiplayer from release onto the Uncharted 3 release.  I still hold it as one of the greatest multiplayers ever, even after it went downhill I was so "proficient" at the gameplay i still enjoyed it and the fundamental gameplay was still enjoyable.

So yeah, still a huge uncharted fan, but hopefully uncharted 4, if its released, can keep me interested for as long as UC2 did.  I'd love the same customization like UC3, but more focused gamepaly like in UC2.

CDwaver Youtube

Message 39 of 49 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

CDwaver wrote:

I wish I could've stayed interested in UC3 for as long as I did with UC2, but alas it didn't happen.  UC3 is so darn frustrating gameplay wise with all the BS compared to UC2 where while even in its later years the gamepaly was simplsitic enough that you never felt like you were not in control of the outcome of a gunfight, outside of course of lag and SA (which had a counter). 

UC3 has too many stupid variables, stupid kickbacks powerplays and other BS, and I found the lag to have a more harmful effect on the gameplay.  Almost everything I loved about UC2 seemed stripped bare or changed for the worse in UC3.  I just couldn't stay interested for long past the first year.  Its unfortunate, I still had fun with the game, but once all the BS was being exploited on a wide scale it became hard for me to play effectively without getting ticked off over almost ever single death.  I just couldn't adapt at that point and I started playing less and less until not at all anymore.  For a while the only reason I was playing anymore was to just play and chat with friends.

UC2 I played it through the multiplayer from release onto the Uncharted 3 release.  I still hold it as one of the greatest multiplayers ever, even after it went downhill I was so "proficient" at the gameplay i still enjoyed it and the fundamental gameplay was still enjoyable.

So yeah, still a huge uncharted fan, but hopefully uncharted 4, if its released, can keep me interested for as long as UC2 did.  I'd love the same customization like UC3, but more focused gamepaly like in UC2.

Hopefully there will be better Customization and less Microtransactions.  I find the best times on Uncharted 3 is when I'm with fun people.  Thankfully I was able to enjoy this game more than a year.  

I agree they should go back to their roots of what they did good and stay away from these overplayed Kickbacks/Cheap Mechanics.  

One thing that bothered me about the UC3 Multiplayer is that the game runs smoothly in Single Player why Multiplayer is being tarnished?   In my opinion thats one of the great things about UC2's Multiplayer experience was that it felt like the Single Player, Mechanic / Graphic wise.

Message 40 of 49 (217 Views)
0 Likes