Feb 22 2012
By: BZABROS Hekseville Citizen 379 posts

How many "Patterned Rings" you have found after 1.04?

73 replies 162 views Edited Feb 22, 2012

First than anything, im sorry if thisis another bored thread about treasures, treasures, and treausres, but, im bored of this, i dont know if the patch has an bug or simply ND dont fix this, but, in more than 20 attempts I have not found ONE, at least ONE RING... so, i ask you, after the patch, how many rings had you founded and if you pick it up first or second, i play the first time after the patch with Chronicgb and only he got the ring..... at the first time.

Message 74 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Re: How many "Patterned Rings" you have found after 1.04?

Feb 9, 2012

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think 1.04 had anything to do with Sir Francis Drake at all.  I'm assuming that is what you are talking about with the "Patterned Ring" right?

I want you to read what 1.04 fixed:

- Fixes for Hard and Crushing Co-op Adventure Mode that addresses treasure sets that could not be completed

The ONLY treasure set that could not be completed was the one for Doughnut Drake.

Sir Francis Drake could be completed, as many of us had him before 1.04.  Therefore, if the wording on the patch notes is correct, 1.04 had no effect at all on Sir Francis Drake, or the Patterned Ring.

Also, 20 attempts is not many at all.  I personally killed that final Hammer Boss well over 300 times before he dropped the Patterned Ring for me. 

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 1 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Feb 9, 2012

mbhitman escribió:

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think 1.04 had anything to do with Sir Francis Drake at all.  I'm assuming that is what you are talking about with the "Patterned Ring" right?

- Fixes for Hard and Crushing Co-op Adventure Mode that addresses treasure sets that could not be completed

The ONLY treasure set that could not be completed was the one for Doughnut Drake.

Sir Francis Drake could be completed, as many of us had him before 1.04.  Therefore, if the wording on the patch notes is correct, 1.04 had no effect at all on Sir Francis Drake, or the Patterned Ring.

Also, 20 attempts is not many at all.  I personally killed that final Hammer Boss well over 300 times before he dropped the Patterned Ring for me. 

mbhitman logo

20 attempts after the patch, before the patch, uf, more than 300 too, so, thanks to reply that but, why the people are saying than the mask for skelzor now i more easy to get.... if this treasure already appear but like the ring, just for one person..?, or the mask is still glitched?

Message 2 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I got SFD on my first Farm session, lol.

Message 3 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 9, 2012

You're half right!yes 1.04 has nothing to do with it but it has nothing to do even with the wrathful mask but somehow its nomore glitched.

And IMO that set is one that "cannot be completed" because of that glitch.

I think that of your 300 times you could have completed the set way before the 300th time if the ring wasnt glitched.

Message 4 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Not sure. My guess is that they fixed the drop for the Carpet Bomber to get the Wrathful Mask (which I got quite a few times from the Cluster Bomber oddly enough). I would also think that the drops for Sir Francis Drake are the same as they were before. And I've only gotten the Ring twice...

Message 5 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Feb 9, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

You're half right!yes 1.04 has nothing to do with it but it has nothing to do even with the wrathful mask but somehow its nomore glitched.

I think that of your 300 times you could have completed the set way before the 300th time if the ring wasnt glitched.

BTW, BirthBS, You remember my streak of FFA wins against you?

Message 6 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Feb 9, 2012

BZABROS wrote:

mbhitman escribió:

mbhitman logo

20 attempts after the patch, before the patch, uf, more than 300 too, so, thanks to reply that but, why the people are saying than the mask for skelzor now i more easy to get.... if this treasure already appear but like the ring, just for one person..?, or the mask is still glitched?

And you think that 20 attempts after the patch is enough?  It took me about 50 attempts after the patch to get the last Doughnut Drake treasure. 

I honestly don't know why players are saying the Wrathful Mask is now easier to get.  I haven't attempted Syria, as I already have Skelzor.  Its possible there is just a placebo effect...or that they only changed the mask and not the ring.  I have no idea.

What I do know, is what the notes for the patch 1.04 actually states.

Message 7 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I was farming Skelzor yesterday, and the Wrathful Mask was dropping lots.

So I think they possibly made the rate higher for the Mask, but I dont think London was fixed in any way.

Message 8 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Feb 9, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

You can't have an opinion that a treasure set cannot be completed, when in fact, it can be completed.  Im not sure if English is your first language, and if not, I apologize...but what you are saying does not make sense.

It is a FACT - the treasure set can be completed.

Therefore, you can not have an opinion - that it cannot be completed.

Its not an opinion...you're just dead wrong.  There are plenty of us that have completed it....therefore it CAN be completed.  Its not a matter of opinon, its a matter of fact.

Message 9 of 74 (162 Views)
0 Likes