Feb 12 2013
By: kratos_snake__ I Only Post Everything 802 posts

How do YOU use your Kickback?

28 replies 507 views Edited Feb 12, 2013
Not sure why, but 8/10 times I only activate my KB when I am close to death. This either results in completely wasting it because I die while activating it, or just barley escaping my doom. What about yal?
Message 1 of 29 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: How do YOU use your Kickback?

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

I'm always so cautious with using my kickback and waiting for the right moment that

sometimes I forget to even use it! lol

So I'm trying to force myself to activate it as soon as I get it depepnding on what it is ofcourse.

Message 2 of 29 (499 Views)
Fender Bender
3860 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

I only activate them when I really need them. For example, I don't just throw Megabomb at the first enemy I encounter, or when I'm about to die. I wait until there are at least two enemies together and then throw it.

But since I use Speedy G a lot (20 second Fleet foot, 30 with KB Endurance and is great during Marked man), I usually activate it only if I have full sprint (Speedy G + Sprint = Lightning fast). It works even better with Endurance but I use Cloaked pretty much all the time.

Those two are really the only Kickbacks I use. I do have Hammer Time bought which I also use sometimes.

I just can't trust the "about to die" tactic. With this amount of lag, you never know will you even get a chance to use them when you activate them, and I have experience in that. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 29 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I like to give of a little glow and then unleash hell, but more often than not I get it in the back after activating it.

I use RPG or a hammer in competetive though I have equiped speedy g at the moment. Sometimes it is the only way you get to sparkle in a match.

In DM and FFA I will activate it when ever, but in objectives and plunder I am more selective of it's use.

I can't rember if I have ever used it when I am about to kop it. I die faster than the time it takes to activate it.
Message 4 of 29 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I use RPG for everything except for Co-op which I use Medic

Most times I forget I have my kickback I really enjoy killing my prey's with a gun Smiley Very Happy

But most times I use it either when I'm about to die & I'm being ambushed by 2 or more at the same time I'm taking atleast one person with me lol

Or if I see someone / a group camping I tend to blow them out I love doing this & I'm always successful especially in London Underground.
Message 5 of 29 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I use my kickback when I'm near death, or when I get shot while I'm at an unfortunate position.. (both when using smokebomb)

The only other kickbacks I use are quickboom, which is used for cheap kills, so I use em to avoid firefights, dying doesn't matter as the timer pauses anyway.

And I use my t-bolt when I am nice and cosy at my campingspot...

But these days I notice that I happen to accidently activate it by pressing L3 to sprint away.. I used sprint so much that the input is messed up now, sometimes I get to melee the air like a newb, or I automatically use smokebomb ( usually in situations where I am ambushed and panic trying to sprint away.

I tried other controls (sprint on R3) but I just can't get used to it, just like when I get back to Uncharted 2, I won't use down on d-pad to reload anymore and see myself using L3 trying to sprint.

Maybe I need to push through with R3 and force my brain to react to it.. (it's not that I play like a robot, but I can dream these controls out of my head which is part of the problem.)

Anyone else who gets to use their kickback automatically? I find L3 a bad position for sprint though...give me the option to put it on L1, this game doesn't require aiming anyways.

Message 6 of 29 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2498 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Creepy Crawler - I use it when I'm low on health, when someone blindfire rushes me, or when someone activated their kickback so I can avoid it.

Disruption - I use it in Plunder when the idol is close to either my teams chest, or the other teams chest, stops buddy spawning an makes a good distraction.

Cursed Idol - I use it whenever I get bored, and I try to get myself and others in the gas (team mates and opponents).
Pepsi
Message 7 of 29 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I'am an objectives player so I try and use my mega bomb if the enemy team is being a pain trying to take the hill or i'll use it if there is 3-4 enemys in a small area.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 29 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I only use two kickbacks. Here's when

Hammer (Dragon kickback) - when I run out of ammo. Simple. And yes, I do run out of ammo because I'm forced to switch to it after running out of Raffica ammo.

Smoke Bomb (M9 Kickback) - you know the rare times when you chase someone and suddenly the turn the tables against you (more enemies around the corner/made it to the PW/kickback went on)? That happens to me a lot. Hence Smoke Bomb.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 29 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I tend to use either, Quick boom, Hammer, or t-bolt. I use my Quick boom and hammer when I'm near death or i see a lot of enemies close to each other. I use my t-bolt when I'm farther away from most enemies so that I don't die from blind fire..
Message 10 of 29 (395 Views)
0 Likes