Feb 18 2013
By: Wndr1boy First Son 1 posts

How can I not die as much? Not a Troll topic.

11 replies 408 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

I realize this is somewhat of a stupid question. Nobody wants to die. I'm getting frustrated though because I know I"m good enough not to die as much as I have been.

I have a 1.76 ratio. I don't have a problem getting 10-15 kills per round. And sometimes I get 15-20 kills per round as well. But with that, I usually die 8-12 times per round as well with about 5 or 6 being legit kills and the others being stupid glitches ( getting shot through a wall, getting punched 1 time and never shot, explosions that aren't even near me, etc.) I guess I"m just asking what is there to do to reduce my death count? More rolling? More jumping around so people have trouble aiming? Run away more and not get a possible kill if it means getting a death? Swivel the camera more when I go around every turn or about to climb or fall?

Or is it my connection? I've never really had a problem playing online games before though. I know Uncharted 2 was horrible with lag and it improved slightly in 3.

Or am I just having really bad luck with teams and being spawned right in front of people? Or being on a team with 4 level 1's and going against a full team of 75 legacies?

It's probably a combination of everything, but when I see people that have over 100k kills and only a few thousand deaths, it makes me think that I'm being too reckless or am not doing something right.

Message 1 of 12 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Re: How can I not die as much? Not a Troll topic.

Feb 18, 2013
Those people you speak of... xmb quit
Message 2 of 12 (400 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

dont worry about it and have fun, otherwise dont bother playing - you will just annoy yourself and become the type of player i dont like - all about their high kdr, nothing else matters.
but what does seem to work for those knobheads is camping in corners like the zipline room in chateau and staying there the whole game killing people who come in.
please dont become a knobhead - play for fun, nothing else.

Message 3 of 12 (399 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Don't let it get to you man, just have fun. You should'nt focus on KDR so much, it's really no big deal. Try playing with some friends and party up. I'll add you if you ain't got anyone to play with.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 4 of 12 (387 Views)
Fender Bender
2306 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

If you dont want to die as much you just have to play smart. Treat this game like chess, not checkers. Know the map, keep watch on enemies around you, dont try to kill an enemy if their in groups, use loadouts that suits your playstyle. Even choosing the colours of your characters with cloaked is effective (all black pants and shirts). Here is my two best loadouts, both are different sets of playstyles; attacker and "play it safe" sort of speak; 

"Play it safe" loadout;

Ak47 (drake) 

Jade's para (effective in close combate melee)

Cloaked (gold)

Monkey Man/ Team Safe (gold)
Smoke Bomb 

"Attacker" loadout; 

Chloes m9 

Jade's para 

Fleet Foot (gold)

Monkey Man (gold)

Hammer 

Also, if you see people with over 100k kills and so little deaths dont sweat it. It could be that they're camping 247, always in parties of 5, or they're just total beasts.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 5 of 12 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
397 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Whenever I come up against someone with unbelievable stats they generally lag like a mother**bleep**er, that is a generalisation, and I know there are people who are genuinely awesome but more often than not its true
Message 6 of 12 (368 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I would recommend playing Team Objectives and being the marked man. If you can run away from 5 people that can all see you then you can run away from anything.
If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 7 of 12 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3191 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Lag like a motha ******

You get the wonderful perks of double health, the ability to freeze time for everyone around you, you can melee from 20 feet away & you can teleport Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 12 (296 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it.

Those scores your pulling are not bad considering all that remains are good to decent players.

Only start worrying when your not contributing to the team, your scores help the team though so don't even worry.

Message 9 of 12 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 19, 2013

You could try using cloaked(or fleet foot when you´re surrounded),G-MAL and don´t go to dangerous areas,always stay far away from firefights(most of them are blindfireSmiley Indifferent).You must know the maps,go to the safest areas possible and try hitting people that are far away from you with the G-MAL.

Message 10 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes