Highlighted
Oct 09 2012
By: wlmerscher First Son 23 posts

How about Negative Boosters to Co op?

12 replies 270 views Edited Oct 9, 2012

Hi Uncharted Community and Naughty Dog Company

I was wondering, how about negative boosters to Co op Arena? I mean, they fit perfectly well to cooperative mode. Take a lot at them

Negative Boosters

Slot 1

Flat Footed: Move significantly slower while aiming. 150% more cash per kill

Slow Healing: Health regeneration is significantly slowed. 100% more cash per kill

Fewer Grenades: Ability to carry grenades is reduced. 200% more cash per kill

Slot 2

Extra Kickback Cost: Medal kickbacks cost 4 more medals to use. 150% more cash per kill.

Small Pockets: You spawn with significantly less ammo. 100% more cash per kill.

Invalid: You have half health. 250% more cash per kill.

No Power Weapons: You can't pick up power weapons. 200% more cash per kill.

Now tell me, don't you agree that they fit to cooperative mode? It would make co op a bit more difficult and challenging to beat as well as it would give us a bit more cash than usual. Of course, negative boosters would have to be unlocked in their respective legacies (or at legacies 4 and 5) and the amount of cash percentage would have to be lowered to not make leveling up a way so easy

Any english grammar mistake, my apologies, I'm not a native speaker. Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 13 (270 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: How about Negative Boosters to Co op?

Oct 9, 2012

I like the idea. 

The one issue: the difficulty setting right now determines how much money you get. Crushing is x2 money per kill, or 200% money per kill. This means that if you used two negatives and played Easy you'd make significantly more money, and a lot easier, than if you played Crushing with no negatives.

So the Cash increase values for Co-op would have to be a good amount less. Around half to a quarter of the increases they give in competetive.

As a plus I wouldn't mind them adding some random cool paid boosters for Co-op that way that extra money could be constantly used for something. The Co-op paid boosters could be random things like getting to use the Creepy Crawler Kickback for Co-op and other such things.

Message 2 of 13 (261 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 9, 2012
No Medicine - cannot be revived when down
Exhausted - choking has less time
Not Your Buddy - team kickbacks (eg Team Medic) don't affect you
Carbon - you can only use half of the lives left (because carbon-dating is about half-life. Get it? No? Okay.)
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 13 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Oct 9, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
No Medicine - cannot be revived when down
Exhausted - choking has less time
Not Your Buddy - team kickbacks (eg Team Medic) don't affect you
Carbon - you can only use half of the lives left (because carbon-dating is about half-life. Get it? No? Okay.)

No Medicine - could be Hemophiliac and cause you to have half the time to be saved when downed.

Exhausted - could be Stranger Danger and cause chokers to deplete your bar twice as fast (right now it's possibly to not only hold them off indefinitely but also fill the bar back up)

I don't like Carbon since it could screw over team mates way more than anything else.

Message 4 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Negatives would be great, but some of them could do some balancing. Like xSKIN_N_BONESx said, difficulty is going to be an issue.

Secondly, Slow healing's bonus is way too low. Try do use that in Crushing were healing fast is *really* important. Invalid on the other hand, gives way too much cash . Use it on easy and you can still last forever. 

How about making negatives' cash bonus depend on both quality and difficulty, just like it works now.

For example, you suggested that Flat Footed gives 150% cash per kill. How about making it give 75% on easy/normal, 110-115% on hard (or the "right" 112,5%, which is a bit silly though) and 150% on crushing.

That way the higher difficulty = higher reward would still work. Somehow at least.

There are other negatives that could do some balancing, but I'm too lazy. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 13 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 9, 2012

"For example, you suggested that Flat Footed gives 150% cash per kill. How about making it give 75% on easy/normal, 110-115% on hard (or the "right" 112,5%, which is a bit silly though) and 150% on crushing."

Actually I didn't suggest Flat Footed to give us 150% cash per kill. This percentage is based as it is on competitive mode, as I said this percentage should be lowered (it's a must, to be honest lol) otherwise it would be a way too easy to reach maximum rank

By the way, thanks everybody for commenting and leaving your ideas Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Oct 9, 2012

wlmerscher wrote:

"For example, you suggested that Flat Footed gives 150% cash per kill. How about making it give 75% on easy/normal, 110-115% on hard (or the "right" 112,5%, which is a bit silly though) and 150% on crushing."

Actually I didn't suggest Flat Footed to give us 150% cash per kill. This percentage is based as it is on competitive mode, as I said this percentage should be lowered (it's a must, to be honest lol) otherwise it would be a way too easy to reach maximum rank

By the way, thanks everybody for commenting and leaving your ideas Smiley Happy

Well yeah, but...you.. argh!

Whatever. Smiley Indifferent

You (hopefully) understood what I meant.

Message 7 of 13 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Would make playing withvrandoms even more dangerous since they can value money over the team while they might be not too skilled in the first place. Thats why I don't like negatives at all. They should be for FFA. The team could have had more kills if that person had normal boosters. Same goes for cash em in. Even if you go 20-5 with them you could have had 25-3 with normal boosters and kickbacks.
Message 8 of 13 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Every time I play co-op I'm always going negative against SAS, Shotgun, Pistole and Silent RPG enemies. I seem to have half health when i'm in their presence
Message 9 of 13 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I do understand what you meant, I was just making myself clear, sorry if I offended you somehow or did something like this. I did not mean to do it 

My apologies

Message 10 of 13 (133 Views)
0 Likes