Mar 20 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

How U3 SHOULD'VE Been (Money Wise)

4 replies 318 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

ND, 

Please sack the person/people in charge of marketing/who are meant to make you guys money.

We, the fans are not entitled to EXTRA Maps and Modes, so I'll admit to that.

If we wanted NEW maps then we would have to BUY them as DLC.

This is how you guys should've dealt with U3, and this coming from someone with no experience..

Firstly...

ALL U3 Skins (Salims men, Marlowes Men etc) should've been available for FREE as they're already on the disc (game). These skins should've been available as unlockables on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th legacy. This would be something to look forward to as we levelled up. 

Secondly..

SALE ONE ($10.00)

All the old flashback maps should've been sold but as one whole package (all 8 maps in one bundle) this bundle should've included ALL the previous Uncharted skins too as well as some guns MP40 etc. 

SALE TWO ($5)

Drakes Deception Map Packs were sold so, you did good there. Well done.

SALE THREE  ($2 each or $5 for all 3)

Sell Sepearate Customizable Co-op Modes. All modes should have a minimum of 10 rounds, and you could customize it beforehand to what enemies you'd like in each round to what weapons are available (i.e no weapons, RPG only etc)

SALE FOUR ($3 each or 5 maps for $10)

Make 5 preludes to Co-op Adventure CLICK HERE and sell them seperatley or as a bundle. 

SALE FIVE ($5 Per Pack)

Make NEW Maps in a bundle of 4 all of which are playable in Arena to increase more customers

SALE SIX (Name Your Price)

Abolish the treasure and tournament system and sell things like... 

• Golden Guns (simply gold plates your current unlocked guns)
  • Djinn Skins
  • Customizable Items WITHOUT Stats
  • Rare Guns (balanced mods)
  • Taunts
  • Non Uncharted Related Skins
  • Basically anything that DOESN'T give any player an advantage over others

Had you went down this route, a lot more people would've been happier. You could've made a LOT more money, and also a lot of players happy. U3 has a lot of players who have different things. We are NOT all the same, as we like different things in this game. The same way you wouldn't expect EVERYONE to like the Big Mac from McDonalds. 

We would all BUY whatever pleased us, and simply not be forced to buy crap we don't need. It's obviously too late now as someone or some people within your team messed up BIG time. I wish you guys would learn your lessons and please listen to your customers. There's no shame in listening to people who are willing to pay you for their ideas.

Message 1 of 5 (318 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: How U3 SHOULD'VE Been (Money Wise)

Mar 20, 2013

You should also point out that trophies should not require DLC and those would get patched in automagically. (With the exception of about 5-10 for co-op shade and The Fort. Honestly, a few thousand consumers like you and me and others on this forum should be selected for some survey to help show the gaming industry what we see as fair and what is just dumb. As far as developers know, people LOVE DLC as millions buy it for any game that gets released. And I myself am okay with skin packs as long as they are cheap. But map packs honestly need to be considered. Uncharted 3's cost like 5$ for 4, and I think Call of Duty games charge 15$-ish (with maybe a bonus co-op map) and I just think it's too much for a new map to play on. But me thinking that devs would do that makes about as much sense as NaughtDog taking your price suggestions (which I agree on). Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Mar 20, 2013

there are a lot of DLC trophies in a lot of games. Personally I'm glad these 50 trophies weren't part of the main game as usually that would mean all of them were required for platinum. I personally never saw a free trophy patched into a game I played...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 21, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

there are a lot of DLC trophies in a lot of games. Personally I'm glad these 50 trophies weren't part of the main game as usually that would mean all of them were required for platinum. I personally never saw a free trophy patched into a game I played...

Yeah. Wasn't Assassin's Creed a game that required DLC for platinum? lol

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Idk I never played the Assassin games. All I know is that only trophies initially released with the retail game are required for platinum, any others with a + by them are gotten through DLC purchases and aren't required for platinum. Personally I hate multiplayer required trophies... it is the pinnacle of adding unneccesary fluff to a game to prolong its lifespan for completionists and such. Which are usually the trophies added through DLC, good example...got 50 good ones right here.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 5 (213 Views)
0 Likes