Jan 01 2012
By: newuxtreme Sackboy 387 posts

Here's HOW I unlocked Skelzor (Treasure secrets finally unravelled) :)

142 replies 5277 views Edited Jan 1, 2012

Alright guys, just like most of you I've been playng Syria and Coop Adventure like you for the past couple of days NON STOP just to get the skelzor(XYZ skin) treasure.

Most of us have been farming the Syria cluster bomb boss non stop like our lives depend on it just to end up with the purple coloured amulet. We are all doing this because the dude who has opened a number of treasure related threads, has guided us (knowingly or unknowingly), all wrong.

Let's get the facts straight.

Only certain bosses drop treasures.

Ex. In Syria the Cluster bomb in the beginning, the Carpet bomb midway, and the Pak 80 brute at the end.

Ex 2. n Airport it'll be Flynn, Eddy and Lazarevic

HOWEVER. The most important point to note is that CERTAIN BOSSES DROP CERTAIN FIXED TREASURES.

Eddy Raja ALWAYS drops these two, the Golden mask with the protruding eyes from one set, and the Watch/Clock from the Smiling Gentleman set.

Lazarevic ALWAYS the golden mask with the long/tall head, basically the longest mask of all 3.

Flynn always drops the golden mask with the bared jagged teeth.

(Unfortunately I don't know the smiling gentleman treasures both of them drop, please people who remember what they got from either one reply in this topic and it will help EVERYONE out majorly)

So if you want the Watch and that's the only thing missing from your Marco Polo set, you need to farm Eddy and only Eddy.

Example of how this works. I had only one of Skelzor's set a few days back, the first one only. That was dropped by the first boss the cluster bomb guy. So later when I was playing with these other friends I added only for coop, we farmed the 3 bomb guy, and in a few tries I got the 2nd treasure of theSkelzor set.

Then we all read Psykens post about farming the Cluster bomb in Syria and I did non stop only to end up with the purple amulet. (I need to mention in one of these tries one of my friends who had NOTHING got his cluster bomb guy piece for the Wraith set while we got the Purple amulet. I assume this is because we already had the treasure while he didn't)

Today I played Syria for the FIRST time, after I learnt these mechanics from the Airport level, I shot the Pak 80 brute with the Pak 80 I had and lo and behold, within the first try got my final treasure of the Wrath set. :smileyhappy:

Want some more proof why these mechanics would apply?

Certain skins require only 3 treasures whereas certain requires 2. Why? Because THAT is the difference in the number of bosses in both levels. Arport Syria have 3, Borneo has only 2.

Other details that will be of importance to you.

I played a custom game.

I played t on HARD difficulty.

I didn't even need to farm once for Syria.

I have completed 20 hard coops,  I assume 3-4 of which would have been Syria. (The number of times I have attempted Syria farming is limitless)

Help others out, please mention which treasures you get from which boss, we will know which guys to farm.

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 73 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Maybe specific bosses have diferent drop rates for each t...

Nov 9, 2011

Psyken wrote:

Any information I have handed out to help the forum has been, not only BACKED UP, but also CONFIRMED.

All the information that I have provided is FACT. No way, no how, is it false.

You do not get certain drops from certain bosses. Otherwise, why was I able to get the Mask off of the cluster bomb in Syria?

Plain and simple from reading your entire post..

You have/had a theory.

You got lucky with a drop.

You proved to me that it doesn't matter the boss for a drop.

newuxtreme wrote:

Only certain bosses drop treasures.

False, granted that you just told me you got the Mask off of the Brute in Syria, and because I got the mask off of the cluster bomber.

I'm also offended that you say my guiding was "All wrong"..? What?.. 

To take my time and put in so much information, to help people from the forum in getting treasure.. You're going to say that I'm guiding you  all wrong? I'm sorry but I don't think you have the right. That is really rude. 

Maybe specific bosses have diferent drop rates for each treasure. That would explain why some drop absolutely nothing, like how on London we kept getting crosses from the last boss and crappy cup thing on the first one.

Message 1 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

Before you say that I got 'lucky', I want you and everyon...

Nov 9, 2011
Before you say that I got 'lucky', I want you and everyone else who reads this post to now go ahead and play airport. Kill farm the final 3 bosses. Each time they drop a treasure and you pick it up note which one it is. Now kill farm Syria's cluster bomb boss. Note the purple amulet or the one of wraith he gives.
After you make your observations report back here and tell me I'm wrong.

No one has been able to unlock Skelzor by your method of farming the cluster bomb guy in Syria. Now try my method and see whether you get the labeled treasures from the correct person.

It might sound rude, but if you're wrong you're wrong. Add to that the 1000's of hours of play time wasted by UC players everywhere. Frustration kind of kicks in when you find out the mechanism and find out you were guided wrong all along.

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 2 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

The interesting thing is that each map has either 2 treas...

Nov 9, 2011

Sorry for the doube post, it was an accident, but ill use the extra spot productively.

Newuxtreme, please join us at: Big Thread about treasures and stuffs

You brought up a couple of interesting arguments im eegered to test out.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Check my thread, as I have already started working on thi...

Nov 9, 2011

newuxtreme wrote:
Before you say that I got 'lucky', I want you and everyone else who reads this post to now go ahead and play airport. Kill farm the final 3 bosses. Each time they drop a treasure and you pick it up note which one it is. Now kill farm Syria's cluster bomb boss. Note the purple amulet or the one of wraith he gives.
After you make your observations report back here and tell me I'm wrong.

No one has been able to unlock Skelzor by your method of farming the cluster bomb guy in Syria. Now try my method and see whether you get the labeled treasures from the correct person.

It might sound rude, but if you're wrong you're wrong. Add to that the 1000's of hours of play time wasted by UC players everywhere. Frustration kind of kicks in when you find out the mechanism and find out you were guided wrong all along.

Check my thread, as I have already started working on this before you made this thread.

Myself, KuikG, and other players have found the mask on cluster bomb. Why else would I go after him with other people, people that I don't even know that well I might add.. To waste my own time? No. That doesn't seem logical. 

Different bosses may have different drop rates but all you proved to me was that in Syria, 2 bosses can drop the mask.

Not to mention that if I'm so wrongfully guiding these people, I told them not to quit the game and die out. Which means you keep your money and exp you earned. MEANING: It wasn't a waste.

Message 4 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Quote me here, copy and paste it on over to: http://forum...

Nov 9, 2011
Message 5 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

Just to go on further on what I feel are the mechanics of...

Nov 9, 2011
Just to go on further on what I feel are the mechanics of the treasure system.

I'm farming the first carpet bomb boss on Borneo.
He's dropped the Ivory Lion which is what we need for Gengis Khan. And he's dropped the same silver skull 5-6 times. First time playing Borneo today.

Will keep you updated on my findings.

Message 6 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

Monastery. On hard played it 3 times the first boss only...

Nov 9, 2011
Monastery.

On hard played it 3 times the first boss only drops spanish goblet.
On crushing first boss dropped Smling end in our last lives, and goblets before that. He drops the second treasure that is NOT the skull bead but the some buffalo one.

Message 7 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Guys, no need to argue who is right and who is wrong.  I...

Nov 9, 2011

Guys, no need to argue who is right and who is wrong.  I appreciate both your inputs and your contributions.

I'm just getting into Co-Op so I will try both your methods.  Thank you

Message 8 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

One question I have is since I just played my first Co-Op...

Nov 9, 2011

One question I have is since I just played my first Co-Op, is the treasure drop for all players or does only the person who picks it up get the treasure?

Message 9 of 143 (5,277 Views)
0 Likes