Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 61 of 76 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Re: Hate thread about noob teammates

Feb 14, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
U sure do type out many bad words for one thats supposed to be calm, but if ure not a tryhard,-then dont worry about what i stated. Only tryhards would take it as an attack.

I love u3 even with its crap, and know why most ppl on my friends list/few in real life dont play anymore. Its all i really play anyway, cuz its awesome. U3 CAN go on without parties though.

No1 should bash on new players as they could be lil kids or new to games. If u lose cuz of em, leave after the match. Simple. No need to send hate mail or cuss the crap out of em. Heck, im not a bad player yet still get tons of hate mail from tryhard parties just cuz i killed em. I cant imagine what newbies get Smiley Sad

Sending new players hatemail is pathetic, I just don't get why some of them never try single player first. Everyone was bad at first but it can get annoying when a player goes 1-20 and never played the single player. Honestly if I couldn't party with my friends I'd just quit the game this game would just get boring. 

Message 62 of 76 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 14, 2013
you quit because you loose? comon

Message 63 of 76 (324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 14, 2013
lol just kidding. Me too i would leave. You cant do anything in a situation like this. Well, part of this sad game Smiley Sad

Message 64 of 76 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 14, 2013

bunshing wrote:
you quit because you loose? comon

...guilty xD

Message 65 of 76 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

far-zan wrote:

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
U sure do type out many bad words for one thats supposed to be calm, but if ure not a tryhard,-then dont worry about what i stated. Only tryhards would take it as an attack.

I love u3 even with its crap, and know why most ppl on my friends list/few in real life dont play anymore. Its all i really play anyway, cuz its awesome. U3 CAN go on without parties though.

No1 should bash on new players as they could be lil kids or new to games. If u lose cuz of em, leave after the match. Simple. No need to send hate mail or cuss the crap out of em. Heck, im not a bad player yet still get tons of hate mail from tryhard parties just cuz i killed em. I cant imagine what newbies get Smiley Sad

Sending new players hatemail is pathetic, I just don't get why some of them never try single player first. Everyone was bad at first but it can get annoying when a player goes 1-20 and never played the single player. Honestly if I couldn't party with my friends I'd just quit the game this game would just get boring. 

Not having played the SP first will always remain a mystery to me... I facepalm when I check their trophies and I don't see any UC3 SP ones.

-_______-

I mean all Uncharted games offer top notch Campaign quality. Good graphics, nice gameplay and interesting story. OK, maybe you could say that UC2 > UC3, but still, UC3 SP is better than many other SP games, right?

Maybe it's the "COD mentality" (aka playing MP first and then SP, or ignoring SP altogether). I'll admit that I had played UC3 MP first, but only because UC3 SP didn't exist back in June 2011. Smiley Wink

I already was an Uncharted vet, so I knew how the mechanics worked. When I got my hands on the UC3 disc, I played the SP first. Either way, I couldn't do otherwise, since I had gotten it 1 week before the official release date, so the online pass could not be redeemed on the PS store, lol. LAN play worked fine, though.

ps: Not having played the UC3 SP will be a legit excuse for the downloadable version only (coming soon TM), but they could always do themselves a favour and rent the UC3 disc for 1-2 days? Just sayin'. It will be their loss if they don't play it, not mine.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 66 of 76 (315 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I started playing U3 about a month ago after a half-year long hiatus (quit playing when I got what was max lvl back then) and what immediately got my attention was the increased number of low level noobs compared to the pool in spring MP.

I usually play with a buddy and we can get a decent kdr in most matches (unless we get steamrolled by some tryhard clans), but MP really starts to annoy with its terrible matchmaking. With the increased number of noobs (maybe because of the U3: GOTY release) in more cases than not we are being put in a team with complete noobs ranging from level 1-50, but the other team is being composed of decent tier players.

So it usually comes down to me and my buddy to make up for the whole team. But we are not that good players to win on our own, because noobs get slaughtered faster than we get kills! So this is really a race against time in these matches. And getting a whole day game session of lost matches, because noobs get 0-18 most of the time it makes it rather hard to enjoy the game. It makes me think about quitting playing this game again.

There was a bright idea from someone here on the forums to make a separate matchmaking for noobs until they get at least their first tier, which is feasible with the increased pool of noobs coming with the soon being released f2p MP. They will come, i tell you,  and flood the lobbies with their fun ruining noobage Smiley Frustrated

But ND won't do it, which is sad. They want experienenced players to teach noobs how to play, but the gap between these two categories is too large for noobs to suddenly possess good skills from being slaughtered all the time! They should learn the curve by playing with their own tier players to get the ropes, just as the high level players did in U3 MP beta and forth. 

I know this type of rant is common here, but we all want to vent the frustration somewhere, right? So, ND, for the last time, please fix the effing matchmaking system - it ruins the fun of playing your game!

Message 67 of 76 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Aramintai wrote:

1) There was a bright idea from someone here on the forums to make a separate matchmaking for noobs until they get at least their first tier, which is feasible with the increased pool of noobs coming with the soon being released f2p MP. They will come, i tell you,  and flood the lobbies with their fun ruining noobage Smiley Frustrated

But ND won't do it, which is sad. They want experienenced players to teach noobs how to play, but the gap between these two categories is too large for noobs to suddenly possess good skills from being slaughtered all the time! They should learn the curve by playing with their own tier players to get the ropes, just as the high level players did in U3 MP beta and forth. 

2) I know this type of rant is common here, but we all want to vent the frustration somewhere, right? So, ND, for the last time, please fix the effing matchmaking system - it ruins the fun of playing your game! 

1) Good idea in theory, but very bad in practice. Why? Because vets can make low-level alts and abuse the matchmaking.

2) Since you haven't been active for around 6 months, I have to inform you that ND has already changed the matchmaking and made it Level/Legacy-based.

Guess what happened? Lag increased a lot and many vets made alts to face less lag and easier opponents.

IMHO, what we need is:

1) Strictly ping-based matchmaking. No Level/Legacy-based BS.
2) AFTER having found players, teams should be balanced properly. This should apply to randoms only, not parties (they want to play with their friends, not against each other, so splitting them should never happen).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 68 of 76 (253 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Well, I suppose 1) makes my point less valid, but there are a lot of tryhards who only want to brag about their stats and max level, so not everyone will want to make an alt.
2) - well, it once again shows that ND patches can make the MP even worse. The matchmaking wasn't this bad back in spring. Also, what's with occasional freezing? It wasn't a problem back then either.

And I also agree about lag, it seems that it's of less priority in matchmaking system. Getting a kill 5 seconds later or being immediately blown up by a normal nade without a chance of throwing it back is not adding to the fun. Not to mention weird slo-mo falling bodies, teleporting laggers and dead body glitch...

I don't completely agree about parties though - there is very little chance of winning against a 5-player clan no matter what. But then again, when they split, they sometimes sabotage the game for the other team. It's not working well no matter what point you are looking from. But I think with 2-3 people parties the split shouldn't happen, indeed. 

If only ND would deliver. I'm very skeptical about next patch.

Message 69 of 76 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Feb 14, 2013
@ Doom_giver_22: All boosters in slot 2 are actual bootsers including the ones in black. It is the players responsibilty to choose correctly the type that is best not just for play style but to increase the strenghth of your team.

I could give a benefit of the doubt to you and say, 'ok your team mate was at fault and stupidly charged into the fray on his/her suicide mission.' I am not going to because at the least it would be both your faults. His for not knowing what that cluster bomb was going to do and you for not having on team safe on in slot 2.

Personally I think you saw the enemies and launched your perfectly aimed grenade in there with no regard for your buddy. You didn't just do it once but twice since you were kicked from the match.

I am not bothered how you go about your bussiness matey but next time make the thread about what it is. Your bruised ego getting dumped on by a small level.

Just think, team safe, if you had had it on you wouldn't have got kicked in the first place.

Message 70 of 76 (224 Views)