Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

know why we blindfire? because it has the quickest time to kill, especially with these maps and all these tight corners.. aim and they run away (high health is the guilty one), throw a nade, they toss it back, blindfire and chase them and they are good as dead.. blame the game, not the player. we didnt blindfire this much on u2 because L1 worked.

L1 works. How do I know? Well probably because I use it. Blindfire is way to strong because of the lock on.

So many times players will run past me Blindfiring and still kill me. If blindfire simply was no lock on or even had an increased Bullet Spread it would be balanced. This way noobs can still get kills by ambushing and better players can actually player better in a 1v1 scenario.

ambushing should be rewarded, its an ambush.. not all of uncharted shoud have to be out in the open having fleetfoot battles, some of us prefer to use brain over bronze. with high health and nade throw back it makes blindfire even more a better option. i count how many times last night high health and nade toss back screwed me over and ended with me saying "if this was uncharted 2 you'd been dead!"

No ambushing should not be rewarded. Fleet Foot may be considered a "Scrubby" booster but i would rather have someone aiming with fleet foot then hiding and blindfiring players in the back.

Ambushing does not make the better player, When a player that ambushers plays against someone who knows how to counter it, the player that ambushers wont know anything other than ambushing, which in turn causes that player to lose.

ambushing should be rewarded because the player is outsmarting the fleetfooting run n gunner who thinks they are some demi-god. and know what makes the better player? whoever gets the WIN at the end of the game.

tell you what, ill quit blindfiring if they go back to u2 health and due away with nade toss, until then ill spam the he// outta it lol

To be honest i woudn't consider blindfiring to be outsmarting your enemy, I think its more like that player is to scared or not good enough to compete with another player so they let the game do the work for them.

when someone ambushes me from some tactical spot i will message them and tell them good job, like a fine gmae of chess i will think of a way to outsmart them, but when a fleetfooting rack of bones kills me i know there is no way around it but a good ambush because they are exploiting some cheap game mechanic.

Exactly so lets have blindfire get some nerf so more players can start to get better.

i wouldnt care if they nurfed blindfire long as they added stopping power or lower health so people cant run away.

so that people can't run away? seriously? no way should ND lower the health again, because it's not the player who shoots first has to win the fight, the person who aims the best needs to win the fight, so if I get shot in the back I want to have a chanche to survive that, search cover and try to gun him down before he finishes me. However if my opponent has good aim (which you obviously haven't), I should die, it's that simple...

Message 371 of 1,597 (290 Views)
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 2, 2013

with the next q and a coming it might be wise to start talking blindfire/hipfire again, this **bleep** must be nerfed as soon as possible, I quit the game for it and I want to have a reason to come back (I may play the dodge ball lab today or tomorrow because it seems to me you can't get blindfired/hipfired in that lab, should make it more fun...)

Message 372 of 1,597 (365 Views)
Sackboy
450 posts

Feb 2, 2013
I see a lot of people bringing uc2's blind fire into the argument, the crazy lock on existed in uc2 especially with the pistols and shotguns but it wasn't abused because there were always drawbacks, the steel fist was a last resort unless you were an idiot because of the agonising time you spent frozen to the spot after the melee, point one remove the melee roll cancel ( if possible) I think this is a large part of the problem. Shotguns in uc2 were uber powerfully but once again had a drawback, with no sprint you were confined to cqc, any competent player could maintain his distance from a shotgun spammer. Stopping power to reduce the sprint to uc2 running speed would still make the blind fire mechanic usable in the right circumstances but useless in the cheap circumstances. I'm sure these points have been made before but I'm just keeping the thread alive. I HATE. Being kal 7ed to death when I've started shooting the guy from a fair distance away and he has zig zagged his way straight through my admittedly fairly inaccurate shooting, if he had a moss in uc2 there is no way you could cover the sort of distance I mean alive.
Message 373 of 1,597 (344 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

if we could just get the runspeed while blindfiring increased back to normal levels - then we would be laughing - just think of the fun - people would be able to follow you all over the place while holding down R1, not that this doesnt happen now, but think how much more fun it would be Smiley Tongue

cog should do a video on that - explaining how its such a critical tactic to learn.

Message 374 of 1,597 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
613 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Blindfire is fine.

Try killing people with only blindfire, while possible you're not going to do that great.

What is broken is the hugely powerful melee that 90% of blindfire finishes with.  Melee is overpowered, not blindfire.  Melee does at least 50% damage, that is far to much.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 375 of 1,597 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 5, 2013
The blindfire accuracy is too much too.

But I agree that the punch is too powerful. A friendly slap on the back does more damage than a bullet to the stomach. It's not as bad as in Uc2 though, a punch did 90% damage there.
Message 376 of 1,597 (300 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 5, 2013
blindfire is not strong enough it needs to be better, i play whole games only blindfiring and i cant manage to do better than a 3.0kdr
Message 377 of 1,597 (295 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 12, 2013
i think it would be fine if they just reduced the blindfire accuracy of the M9 and para9 and then reduce run speed while blindfiring by a further 10%.
Message 378 of 1,597 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
i think it would be fine if they just reduced the blindfire accuracy of the M9 and para9 and then reduce run speed while blindfiring by a further 10%.

This threads back from the grave again. Anyway I dont think its the M-9 and the Para-9 which need a nerf, its just blindfire in general.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 379 of 1,597 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7282 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Give the Dragon an 80% blindfire accuracy buff.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 380 of 1,597 (249 Views)
0 Likes