Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3654 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

well, we are making progress:

 

1-      Question: Can you please nerf hipfire and remove the whack and roll glitch in this game, isn't 140+ kudo's enough to make you realise that this really should happen, I know it's probably too late now because you ignored it for so long, so if the answer is no, can you please say that you will look into it for future Naughty Dog titles with competitive multiplayer?" - Matthijs_17

 

 

A: Due to game mechanics and animation – the whack and roll is a legitimate strategy that we accounted for when wrapping up game balance and MP development. As for hipfire, we appreciate you rallying support around this topic. It is something we will need some time to look at as it’s not a quick fix. To address anything with hipfire we’d need to tweak hipfire for every weapon in the game so proper balance occurs again. It will take some time and likely will be something we’ll have to look more closely at for future projects. However, it’s on the list of things we’d like to address time and resource permitting

 


at least they finally realised something is wrong, sadly they don't agree with the whack and roll being a glitch, I hope that is just a misunderstanding because if they really think canceling a punch and basically doing damage by rolling in close proximity to an opponent is a legitimate strategy then I don't think crap is going to be fixed any time soon, a well, at least we must be happy with hipfire getting a fix, or at least it will be taken better care of in their next game (Uncharted 4!!! Smiley Happy )

Message 1161 of 1,597 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

well, we are making progress:

 

1-      Question: Can you please nerf hipfire and remove the whack and roll glitch in this game, isn't 140+ kudo's enough to make you realise that this really should happen, I know it's probably too late now because you ignored it for so long, so if the answer is no, can you please say that you will look into it for future Naughty Dog titles with competitive multiplayer?" - Matthijs_17

 

 

A: Due to game mechanics and animation – the whack and roll is a legitimate strategy that we accounted for when wrapping up game balance and MP development. As for hipfire, we appreciate you rallying support around this topic. It is something we will need some time to look at as it’s not a quick fix. To address anything with hipfire we’d need to tweak hipfire for every weapon in the game so proper balance occurs again. It will take some time and likely will be something we’ll have to look more closely at for future projects. However, it’s on the list of things we’d like to address time and resource permitting

 


at least they finally realised something is wrong, sadly they don't agree with the whack and roll being a glitch, I hope that is just a misunderstanding because if they really think canceling a punch and basically doing damage by rolling in close proximity to an opponent is a legitimate strategy then I don't think crap is going to be fixed any time soon, a well, at least we must be happy with hipfire getting a fix, or at least it will be taken better care of in their next game (Uncharted 4!!! Smiley Happy )


I don't think they're fixing WnR.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1162 of 1,597 (335 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I actually like the wack n roll. It becomes a problem only when the game (yes, the game) screws you over. Sometimes the game just says "you're getting screwed over this match" and there's nothing you can do about it. (*cough* NaughtyDog Headshots with the Dragon *cough*).

Lag sometimes causes issues, too, but it caused issues with the U2 system as well. Some dude would lag and start his melee animation after you already did all the damage necessary to kill him which would result in you dying as well.

Message 1163 of 1,597 (332 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7284 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

i never understood how players came to the conclusion that whack n' roll was a glitch in the first place... ND obviously meant for it to be that way the entire game. And people decide like 1 year after its lifespan that it's a glitch?

 

And if you're bringing up that its because you are canceling an animation, I do that all the time when I land, jump, and reload too.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1164 of 1,597 (316 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
1117 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

Mabye because every core mechanic is screwed up in U3. Cover...

 

You should never cancel a whole animation and definitely not a animation which does 50% damage.

It would be ok when it would reduce the melee animation time by the half.

 

BTW, how can I cancel my reload animation.

 

 

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 1165 of 1,597 (297 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013
^ Nore inportantly, who the hell thought reload cancel was a great idea?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1166 of 1,597 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3654 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

i never understood how players came to the conclusion that whack n' roll was a glitch in the first place... ND obviously meant for it to be that way the entire game. And people decide like 1 year after its lifespan that it's a glitch?

 

And if you're bringing up that its because you are canceling an animation, I do that all the time when I land, jump, and reload too.


last time I checked a landing, jumping or reloading opponent didn't kill me with canceling animations...

 

and the whack and roll is a glitch because: YOU ARE DOING DAMAGE BY ROLLING IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO YOUR OPPONENT, WHILE YOU SHOULD PUNCH AND BE VULNERABLE INSTEAD...

Message 1167 of 1,597 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7284 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

Well to answer the reload cancel, you do an action, any action that will stop reloading, right when the clip goes in the gun to cancel like a few microseconds of the reload.

 

Ok you are doing damage as you are close to an opponent. I know lag can screw you over tons of times, but thats lag problems not the whack n' roll. Also you can't do this in succession either, after the first hit, if you punch immediately after the roll, you won't be able to cancel out of it. Didn't know players get to decide that whatever is meant to be in the game and accessed by all players can be considered a glitch. Consider things OP sure... but to consider what the developers meant for to be in the game is silly. Reduce melee in damage sure I won't mind, but whack n' roll whether it looks fluid or not was meant to be put in by the developers. I'll even admit I did this looooooong before it was a craze too, nobody ever complained about it then. (I did it in like the mid FAL phase)

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1168 of 1,597 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well to answer the reload cancel, you do an action, any action that will stop reloading, right when the clip goes in the gun to cancel like a few microseconds of the reload.

 

Ok you are doing damage as you are close to an opponent. I know lag can screw you over tons of times, but thats lag problems not the whack n' roll. Also you can't do this in succession either, after the first hit, if you punch immediately after the roll, you won't be able to cancel out of it. Didn't know players get to decide that whatever is meant to be in the game and accessed by all players can be considered a glitch. Consider things OP sure... but to consider what the developers meant for to be in the game is silly. Reduce melee in damage sure I won't mind, but whack n' roll whether it looks fluid or not was meant to be put in by the developers. I'll even admit I did this looooooong before it was a craze too, nobody ever complained about it then. (I did it in like the mid FAL phase)


Reload your T-bolt while jumping huge gaps/taking cover then tell me that's a microsecond.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1169 of 1,597 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7284 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

oh yea I know, the reload thing works best on the PWs actually. I was talking about regular long guns. I'm aware it is way more effective on basically all the PWs.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1170 of 1,597 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes