Fender Bender
2810 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 19, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

^^limited time on that offer^^ - kudo OP now to recieve one

(both come with ice cream)

I can't kudo myself but I tried, can I still get some cake? :smileysad: (with ice cream!)

Please use plain text.
Message 471 of 1,608 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90 kudo's, Eric replied

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Blindfire was worse before. This is the most balanced update so far(they made BF not gravitate around targets making ppl run in circles), idcare if they keep nerfin there is alaway a run and gun way to win. Whats next no BF at all? this wont happen cus Uncharted has always been about AIM & BLINDFIRE...

I think the game just needs to RAISE THE HEALTH so people who get BF killed feel like they actualy had a longer chance to survive me ...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 472 of 1,608 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1971 posts

Feb 19, 2013
The point is Blindfire Should not kill someone faster than when you aim until this is fixed it's a major problem, no one wants to get rid of blindfire.

And raising the health ?? Are you out of your mind ?
So the laggers can now have quadruple health ?? No thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 473 of 1,608 (196 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 19, 2013

it should if you caugth him unguarded, especially if it was close.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 474 of 1,608 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1971 posts

Feb 19, 2013
If you are in a CQC & you're aiming & someone is Blind firing 3 out of 4 times you will lose from my experience & what I have seen.

Plus with the lag that this game has its just a mess.
Please use plain text.
Message 475 of 1,608 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2177 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90 kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 19, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

Blindfire was worse before. This is the most balanced update so far(they made BF not gravitate around targets making ppl run in circles), idcare if they keep nerfin there is alaway a run and gun way to win. Whats next no BF at all? this wont happen cus Uncharted has always been about AIM & BLINDFIRE...

I think the game just needs to RAISE THE HEALTH so people who get BF killed feel like they actualy had a longer chance to survive me ...

Blindfire was not worse before, before people would aim thier guns regardless of weather its a M-9, G-Mal, Fal or AK. Now about 20-30% of the player pool aims thier gun.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 476 of 1,608 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
3486 posts

Feb 19, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
If you are in a CQC & you're aiming & someone is Blind firing 3 out of 4 times you will lose from my experience & what I have seen.

I agree with the overall topic, but I see no problem with the above.

I'm on the Night Train
Please use plain text.
Message 477 of 1,608 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2660 posts

Re: Coop Vs Competitive

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
@ stayFROST-E

and make melee a 3 hit kill would help a lot imo since most of the blindfire kills are a combo with melee.

I would hate it if they reduced the movement speed while blindfiring. It's just going to make a clunky game, clunkier. Blindfire is an important aspect to this game, like it or not. Easily 50% of why blindfiring is effective is because of sprint (which NeVeO wrote a great thread about). Another 20% is lag related (steel fist, teleporting melee. You guys get the idea.) The other 30% is the actual blindfiring mechanics. 

1) Sprint.   It puts you in a position in which it is almost necessary to use blindfire. I don't sprint blindly into situations so that is why I rarely blindfire, but if I did I would understand why people do it. I think sprint needs to be nerfed significantly so that people think twice about kamikaze-ing in there. It should in no way, ever, be used as an offensive technique (people think BF is being used as an offensive technique, but I think it's mostly the sprint being used). The turn radius and recharge time should be nerfed.

2) Lag    Teleporting steel fist, nuf' said. 

3) BF Mechanics.      I would much prefer a hipfire system  (every other game ever) over a blindfire system (annnnnnnnnd Uncharted), but ND would never do it. So I think a compromise is in order. What should happen is that it is lock-on, but the effectiveness of the lock-on is directly proportional to the proximity to the aim-dot in the middle of the screen (and distance to target of course). So you still are rewarded for aiming your "hipfire" but as a last resort you can just throw some bullets at the closest person to you. And sure BF in general should be nerfed. 

Hipfiring in other games is stategic. You gain mobility for a loss in accuracy, then you can evade their fire then get them while they've lost you . In uncharted it's used as a play-style, and that's just ridiculous.

i will say it again - forget about the blindfire auto lock-on that will not be changed now - it is too big and long a fix - it will not be done at this stage, nor should it they wast all their time trying to fix this now.

i will also say this again; sprint is not the issue with blindfire - it contributes to the AMOUNT of blindfire rushers but it has nothing to do with the actua effectiveness of blindfire.
believe it or not - the summer beta had more blindfire than we currently do - sprint which was then balanced had little to do all the blindfire then.

Comprimise - you cant have it 100% your own way

i just dont get it, you dont like blindfire ?? - yet you dont want people who run n gun to be slowed down ??

blindfire would still be effective in close range - its accuracy or lock-on wouldnt be effected and it would still reward kills but only in real CQC, - you just would not be able to follow people around corners running n gunning and get the kill. - slow and clunky ?? it would only slow you down if you are trying to run while holding down R1 (running n gunning) - thats seems fair to me. you sure you dont like blindfire ??

its either this solution or a huge increase in SP (which doesnt really do anything to solve blindfire, just combats it with another mechanic which in itsself is an issue)

This game is not a "tactical shooter." Given that, I think it would make any sense to slow down the game. It just doesn't fit. This is a run-and-gun style game now, like it or not (I don't like it). Blindfire is important in this game. I just think that instead of destroying the mechanic, they should just make it more skill based. And if you remember, I did offer a compromise between autolocking blindfire and skill based hipfire. A very good one too, if I do say so myself (which I do, of course). 

What's wrong with following people around corners to get a kill. If you get snuck up on you should get killed for not being aware. I hate blindfiring, it's no fun to get a kill that way. But it's necessary to not die in many circumstances. Do I use it as a playstyle. I don't know. You look at my run-n-gun medals and you tell me (I don't, if you're too lazy). I use it appropriately. I don't abuse it. I typically use the AK with accuracy, which has incredibly inconsistent BF accuracy. So no, I don't like BF (Mostly because wack-n-roll NEVER works for me. I always recieve damage while rolling. So it's not very effective for me to play like that). 

But besides all that ND will probably never nerf BF anyway. 

they have already implemented a 15% slowdown way back around 1.01 or 1.03, but to tell you the truth i can hardly see the 15% difference (only thing i notice is his legs going slower when  you hold down R1) - looks more like 5%.

an additional 10% added to the 15 would not be too much to ask - how would that destroy the mechanic ?? - it wouldnt,

im just asking that you can no longer blindfire while following people (running n gunning after people) who are trying to escape from your blindfire, how fair is it that people can not escape your blindfire, they try but you are wright behind them all the way blindfiring ?? - really, you dont get what is wrong with run n gunners not being slowed down, really ??? - if so i just have to believe you enjoy blindfire and dont want to concede.

you are wright, this is not a tactical game, it is not a FPS like COD either where you can just hipfire and not use L1 - this is a 3rd person shooter - you should have to aim with L1 like all the other 3rd person shooters.

UC3 is not a run n gun game - it is all about the movement and traversal.

again, you are already slowed down 15% when you blindfire, i just want 10% extra added to that - that would not hurt the blindfire mechanic at all other than - you would no longer be able to run after your enemy (who is trying to escape you blindfire) while simultaneously holding down R1, not allowing them to escape - that is the whole point of why the blindfire situation is bad.

your solution is not fesible - you are asking ND to completely change a mechanic - same as asking them to change the recoil system back to the system UC2 had - just far too big a task. a additional slowdown while blindfiring is easy and simple to implement and it solves the problem effectively.

the only other alternatives - would be to reduce blindfire accuracy by the same amount across all weapons - which id guess a lot of people wouldnt like - or increase Stopping Power which in my opinion doesnt solve anything but just added another ingredient (which in its-self is a problem) - not a good idea imo.

my proposed solution is the best fit for the job - ND have done it before, and it is the best comprimise for both parties who do and dont like blnidfire - blindfire would still be effective and a good tactic but it would no longer be a playstyle where you can chase people down running n gunning.

a comprimise is where you have to give something lesser up for the greater goal that you want to met.

- i.e. you have to conceded to a slow down is movement speed when you are running n gunning (you are not supposed to like this, but its for the greater good) in order to achieve the main target of reducing blindfires effectiveness.

making melee a 3 hit kill would also help a lot with the problem of blindfire+ melee rushers.

Please use plain text.
Message 478 of 1,608 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2660 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

^^limited time on that offer^^ - kudo OP now to recieve one

(both come with ice cream)

I can't kudo myself but I tried, can I still get some cake? :smileysad: (with ice cream!)

cake with ice cream - that would be OP :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 479 of 1,608 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Feb 19, 2013

@duke

The problem is 1) that the  BF goes way beyond CQC distance. 2) The retcicle does not have to be on the target to hit.

Because >ND< is aiming behind BF mechanic via the most overpowered aimassist in gaming history.

BF hit you 5 feet+ away with the 99% automatic-precision in every conceivable degree with curve flying bullets!!!! 

The proper manual aimer never had a chance in this game.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 480 of 1,608 (138 Views)