Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/19/2011
Offline
142 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 13, 2013
I support this thread
Message 401 of 1,608 (299 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 13, 2013

The_King_25_ wrote:
I support this thread

You're a little late to the party.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 402 of 1,608 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2677 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

we should have a re-launch of this thread.

this needs to get much more support - everyone on the forum should give it a kudo.

down with all the blindfire, whos with me.

Message 403 of 1,608 (281 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2677 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

the very best compromise to me would be to reduce movement/runspeed by a further 15% or even 10%.

this would completely solve the issue imo and it also suites all parties uncluding ND.

blindfire would still be good in CQC but you wouldnt be able to following a person if they start sprinting away, and you couldnt zig-zag towards a person blindfiring - you would be killed.
but blindfire would still be good in those tight quarters CQC situations.

comprimises dont gett better than this, and ND already did this so increasing it from 15 to 30 or 25 would be the most likely and easy solution.

it did wonders to reduce blindfire the first time, but if you noticed everyone was using the FAL-SS and Gmal then which had huge Stopping Power - since they have both been nerfed blindfire also needs another nerf.

support, (the Original Post does need to be tidied up a bit)

Message 404 of 1,608 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/17/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 13, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

the very best compromise to me would be to reduce movement/runspeed by a further 15% or even 10%.

this would completely solve the issue imo and it also suites all parties uncluding ND.

blindfire would still be good in CQC but you wouldnt be able to following a person if they start sprinting away, and you couldnt zig-zag towards a person blindfiring - you would be killed.
but blindfire would still be good in those tight quarters CQC situations.

comprimises dont gett better than this, and ND already did this so increasing it from 15 to 30 or 25 would be the most likely and easy solution.

it did wonders to reduce blindfire the first time, but if you noticed everyone was using the FAL-SS and Gmal then which had huge Stopping Power - since they have both been nerfed blindfire also needs another nerf.

support, (the Original Post does need to be tidied up a bit)


Are you sure all parties would be satisfied with that? I wouldn't like a slower overall movement speed. That would kill the aspect of cat & mouse - you're too slow to chase, and you're too slow to escape. I think we move slower than U2 movement sans sprint anyways... I'd rather lessen sprint time duration or dramatically slow down the sprint recharge rate to cut down on rambo blindfire sprint rushing but retain an option for escape/chase.

Message 405 of 1,608 (267 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
i think it would be fine if they just reduced the blindfire accuracy of the M9 and para9 and then reduce run speed while blindfiring by a further 10%.

This threads back from the grave again. Anyway I dont think its the M-9 and the Para-9 which need a nerf, its just blindfire in general.


Agreed. And btw may I give you a compliment that I always like your signature, it's always so very true :smileyhappy:

Message 406 of 1,608 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 13, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
i think it would be fine if they just reduced the blindfire accuracy of the M9 and para9 and then reduce run speed while blindfiring by a further 10%.

This threads back from the grave again. Anyway I dont think its the M-9 and the Para-9 which need a nerf, its just blindfire in general.


Agreed. And btw may I give you a compliment that I always like your signature, it's always so very true :smileyhappy:


My sig? lol. Anyway I'am down to bring this thread back to life. Anyone else?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 407 of 1,608 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2677 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Lazyboy256 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

the very best compromise to me would be to reduce movement/runspeed by a further 15% or even 10%.

this would completely solve the issue imo and it also suites all parties uncluding ND.

blindfire would still be good in CQC but you wouldnt be able to following a person if they start sprinting away, and you couldnt zig-zag towards a person blindfiring - you would be killed.
but blindfire would still be good in those tight quarters CQC situations.

comprimises dont gett better than this, and ND already did this so increasing it from 15 to 30 or 25 would be the most likely and easy solution.

it did wonders to reduce blindfire the first time, but if you noticed everyone was using the FAL-SS and Gmal then which had huge Stopping Power - since they have both been nerfed blindfire also needs another nerf.

support, (the Original Post does need to be tidied up a bit)


Are you sure all parties would be satisfied with that? I wouldn't like a slower overall movement speed. That would kill the aspect of cat & mouse - you're too slow to chase, and you're too slow to escape. I think we move slower than U2 movement sans sprint anyways... I'd rather lessen sprint time duration or dramatically slow down the sprint recharge rate to cut down on rambo blindfire sprint rushing but retain an option for escape/chase.


 

all parties that dont like blindfire should be satasfied, and its also the lightest blow to the people that like blindfire if any as it doesnt effect real CQC situations.


i think you may have confused what i said - your movement speed would only be slowed down while running ONLY if you are holding down R1 ( i.e. blindfiring) - currently we are alreadt slowed down 15%, so adding a further 10-15% to that is the best option to combat blindfire imo.

 

it wouldnt effect the cat & mouse situations at all - unless the cat chasing the mouse is holding down R1 blindfiring - then it would effect the cat - slowing him down and allowing the mouse to escape from the blindfire - thats the whole point, and the beauty of it is that it only effects the people that are blindfiring While chasing you, nothing else.

 

yes you are dead wright, sprint is also a problem - its unrestricted movement/zig-zagging and its ultra-fast recovery time but sprint not the biggest problem problem with blindfire - it encourages it and makes it very easy to get in close but it doesnt have any bearing during the actual blindfiring - when R1 is being held down.

 

 

therefore yes i think this suites everyone, what do you think ??

 

 

 

 

lets bring this beast of a thread back to life

Message 408 of 1,608 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 14, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

we should have a re-launch of this thread.

this needs to get much more support - everyone on the forum should give it a kudo.

down with all the blindfire, whos with me.


I think already almost everyone on the forum has given it a kudo, 87 kudoes is a lot, it took 50 kudoes (Hielke's Revenge thread) to make Naughty Dog do something about Revenge (although they didn't do the right thing, but at least they tried...) so I find it so pathetic that Eric says blindfire is not a widespread problem while he thinks Revenge was a widespread problem... it makes no sense at all...

Message 409 of 1,608 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 80+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

we should have a re-launch of this thread.

this needs to get much more support - everyone on the forum should give it a kudo.

down with all the blindfire, whos with me.


I think already almost everyone on the forum has given it a kudo, 87 kudoes is a lot, it took 50 kudoes (Hielke's Revenge thread) to make Naughty Dog do something about Revenge (although they didn't do the right thing, but at least they tried...) so I find it so pathetic that Eric says blindfire is not a widespread problem while he thinks Revenge was a widespread problem... it makes no sense at all...


The reason Eric dosn't think its a widespread problem is because he dosn't even play his own game. How are you supposed to fix a game when you cant see whats wrong with it. Also he wont fix blindfire because the "casuals" need someway to compete with the vets.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 410 of 1,608 (182 Views)